Will you eventually have an all world war

A secret place for modders to chat and ask questions. Requires forum registration.

Moderators: firepowerjohan, Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

Craig64
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Will you eventually have an all world war

Post by Craig64 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:09 am

Hi Guys

I can imagine how hard things are to actually get the game to work successfully, but was wondering if you had down the pipeline a add on paying or free to include China, Japan and even Australian troops (being an Aussie here) I know we faught in Tubruk and also parts of asia. I was wondering if pearl harbour and midway and singapore and the battle between japan and China and the japs and aussies in new guinea. I know the title says europe at war but even if it took in burma and singapore and japan and china thats just kind of a stones throw with a really strong arm hehe. :lol:

CraigM

vakarr
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by vakarr » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:10 am

If you want that level of complexity you should get Hearts of Iron III. That is an addictive and amazing game that covers the whole world and allows you to play as Australia if you like but just organsing the invasion of Poland might take you all evening. CEAW may be very abstract and have a lot of things missing but at least you can get through it with some hope of finishing the game. It's also not as addictive so you can stop playing it when you need to.

Craig64

Post by Craig64 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:10 am

Thanks Bud

I will look for that game as I have found the CEAW very addictive and Im getting hammered in europe just lost france heading for normandy but can see I should have thought about my buying of armed forces let me down but as I have just got it I hope to improve.

I think history is changing if I was in command Germany may be world power. hehehe.

vakarr

Post by vakarr » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:28 am

Well I foujd CEAW addictive too, but not as addictive as Hearts of Iron. In CEAW I found that Germany has to build about 20 aircraft carrirers to beat up the USA and Canada. I also found it was better to conquer Spain and the UK first before attacking Russia, even if it meant leaving the Russian border weakly defended - if the Russians attack you it's actually a good thing as you get to attack his forces piecemeal and can replace your losses quickly (as you are fighting on your territory). Once you have rolled with the punch you can then counter-attack and march through Russia more quickly.

Craig64

Post by Craig64 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:40 am

Hey even if they came out with the same hex style game with the history being commander Pacific at war. A stand alone game with the option if you already have commander europe at war they will go together. I think the style of game plus the pbem which I havent found another with that option wouuld just give the game an added bonus. With the aim of strategy based and not so many extras which makes hoi3 alot to take in to play. With maybe the option of playing either or combined would open up the axis side to having to play Japan aswell.
This could make a great game sensational and to be honest it would crush Hoi3 and even gary rigby's world at war. Hopefully somebodies already thought this through.

CraigM

Return to “Commander - Europe at War : Modders Corner”