How do I install "Battle of the Bulge" on OS X?

Discuss John Butterfield’s Battle of the Bulge: Crisis in Command Vol. 1
pirey4
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

How do I install "Battle of the Bulge" on OS X?

Post by pirey4 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:25 pm

I downloaded "BattleOfTheBulge-SetupRelease-v114.zip" from the web.

After unzipping the file, double clicked on the file named "BattleOftheBulge-SetupOSX-v114.dmg".

Double clicking on the file mounts it only. It doesn't bring up an install page (e.g. a page that has a file to drag to a specific folder all contained with that page).

If I click on the mounted disk image, I see two files "Battle of the Bulge" and a folder named "Data".

If I double click on "Battle of the Bulge" file, it asks for a serial key. Entering the key results in a "CRC Failed" error message.

The same CRC failure happens if I drag the "Battle of the Bulge" file to the Applications directory, double click on it there, and enter the serial key.

I re-downloaded the file again and tried the process above again but I get the same error.

What is the proper way to install the game (e.g. copy the "Battle of the Bulge" file to the Application directory or leave it in the mounted disk image)?

How do I get rid of the CRC error?

Thanks,

phil

pirey4

Re: How do I install "Battle of the Bulge" on OS X?

Post by pirey4 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:42 am

I found another way to install the application that works but I still would like to know how to properly install the file I downloaded from the bluesnap site.

To get the game to work, I activated the key in steam. It was downloaded and started when I clicked the "Play" button in steam. I copied the key to the clipboard and pasted it into the serial key screen (the same as I did with the manually downloaded and installed file) and the game started as expected.

JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by JosephM » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:49 pm

Hello Pirey,

To install the game, first double-click on the DMG so it mounts. Then you will need to drag the Battle of the Bulge application into the application folder. This will then install the game. Then you can double click the application to run the game.

Can you ensure that you are entering the serial in the format XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX, including the hyphens. If you are and the issue persists, then it is likely a corrupted download, so please contact us at support[a]slitherine.co.uk and we will send you a new download link.

boone737
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by boone737 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:06 pm

I dragged the mounted file to the Applications folder. Closed the dmg and tried to run BotB only to be hit with a "can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer." Error. (I tried running with the dmg open, too. And running from the dmg.)

Any ideas around this?

Thanks,
Steve

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:30 pm

boone737 wrote:I dragged the mounted file to the Applications folder. Closed the dmg and tried to run BotB only to be hit with a "can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer." Error. (I tried running with the dmg open, too. And running from the dmg.)

Any ideas around this?
You need to disable OS X Gatekeeper:
https://answers.uchicago.edu/25481

Return to “Battle of the Bulge”