Discuss John Butterfield’s Battle of the Bulge: Crisis in Command Vol. 1
Sandvich
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Bug Report - UI & Gameplay

Post by Sandvich »

UI & Gameplay Bugs:

Tested on PC Version 1.16
Affects all singleplayer & hotseat game types (have not tested online multiplayer)

UI:
Allied air support icon does not appear on the combat preview tab (expanded or small) after the 23rd December.

Gameplay:
Elite armour (allied and axis) has the elite infantry defence bonus - the manual states elite armour should only get the attack bonus. Or have I missed a balance update and the manual has not reflected it?

Apologies if these have already been reported or already fixed in an upcoming patch.
SergeantMitchell
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Bug Report - UI & Gameplay

Post by SergeantMitchell »

I also find those issues ,I love this game very much,is there anybody could answer us ? Thanks a lot.
AlexRadu
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlexRadu »

Thank you for the report, I will look into it as soon as possible.
manthril
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by manthril »

Hello there!
UI:
Allied air support icon does not appear on the combat preview tab (expanded or small) after the 23rd December.
This was only a visual bug, I fixed it and you will have it in the next update.
Gameplay:
Elite armour (allied and axis) has the elite infantry defence bonus - the manual states elite armour should only get the attack bonus. Or have I missed a balance update and the manual has not reflected it?
There are two different rules in the manual regarding elite infantry and armor. Can you tell me which one of these are you referring to?

* Defender composed of at least half elite infantry strength points: -10%
* Elite armor gains a +10% modifier combat rolls when attacking, none when defending
Teo
Sandvich

Post by Sandvich »

Apologies for the late reply.

I was referring to the elite infantry defender rule, the elite amour attack bonus does apply correctly (at least according to the combat preview tab).

When a single elite armour unit is attacked by any combination of enemy units (elite or otherwise), the defending elite armour unit is shown to have the elite infantry defence modifier in the combat preview tab. I was confused as the manual states that the elite armour should not get a bonus on the defence unless an elite infantry unit is present and it makes up at least 50% of the defending force. Yet the defence bonus does appear in the combat preview tab despite the there being no elite infantry unit present in the defending force.
manthril
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by manthril »

Hi there!

Thanks for the info provided, I managed to fix it. The elite infantry modifier will apply correctly in the next patch.

Thanks!
Teo

Return to “Battle of the Bulge”