Hit calculator

Discuss John Butterfield’s Battle of the Bulge: Crisis in Command Vol. 1
Beemerhead19
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Hit calculator

Post by Beemerhead19 »

Is there some secret to the hit calculator and RNG to know? I just finished a tournament game and the hit rate for Allied for the last five days was around 20% even with air power and using elite armor. I documented two German games with a hit rate of of 27% which is virtually all armor attacks. I do not document the surprise attacks. I am going to try and keep records but it is tedious. However, I get a bit annoyed playing games with consistent hit rates around 25% and in the teens many many times. I have zero attacks on the odds/expected numbers. None. Best was German 8hits/18shots all armor mostly elite = 44%. All games have been against other players PBEM, no AI.

It does not matter if I play on iPad or laptop. I was theorizing one or the other throws off lower numbers for some reason, I have a few theories how it could happen but nothing solid.

How are the numbers generated? Are there any normalizing programs? Does this happen consistently to others? I am actually going to delete and reload both games.
sa_gibson
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Hit calculator

Post by sa_gibson »

For what it's worth, I had this same suspicion with the original Shenandoah versions of the game. It was my consistent impression that the combat predictor histogram did not consistently reflect the actual results of combat over multiple combats. Shenandoah's developers insisted that the histogram was generated using the exact same logic and code that generated the actual combat results, which of course would make sense from a software design perspective. But I never lost the suspicion.
Beemerhead19
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by Beemerhead19 »

I am still suspicious, myself. I understand attacks going badly as they did in real life even if it is an entire Panzer Corps. However, not every attack sustained over multiple combats with an RNG. I still see it although it looks a bit better. I also wonder if it is still possible to hack the system. I have played some, one person in particular in the tournaments who won every attack with an average hit rate of almost 80% with his German armor and about 40% with infantry. That was an average and stratospheric. I could beat him as the German player because you cannot hack the other person's combat. I hope that has been gone, otherwise we should simply hope for an honor system.

However, the main point is that the hit rates still seem low on the bell shaped curve and primarily for the German although not exclusively. I will watch the new version which has many other good qualities and has been debugged.
JagdTiger700
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by JagdTiger700 »

To be honest mostly what occurs is being bogged down and can’t get anywhere at all, complete stalls.

Return to “Battle of the Bulge”