Questions for Q&A Google Hangout 7/16/13 at 9pm EST

A place to discuss the upcoming hex-based Civil War simulation from Shenandoah Studio
BradTSS
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Questions for Q&A Google Hangout 7/16/13 at 9pm EST

Post by BradTSS »

Post your questions here and we will answer them live!
Whosi
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Questions for Q&A Google Hangout 7/16/13 at 9pm EST

Post by Whosi »

Hello,

It appears from what I've seen A5A has been part of the inspiration for the system to be used in this upcoming game. Has Blue and Gray Battles morphed into this game or is it possible this game is an experiment/foundation for a future release of Blue and Gray Battles?

If this question isn't on topic enough, I understand.

Thanks
Yojimbo252
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Yojimbo252 »

1) What mechanics (if any) are being taken from Battle of the Bulge? (eg. the impulse system with varying number of turns per day? the calendar to display reinforcements and VPs?

2) Presumably there will be a full 3 day Battle of Gettysburg scenario but are smaller scenarios going to be included like McPherson's Ridge, the Wheatfield/Devil's Den, Little Round Top, Picketts Charge etc?

3) Are there any plans to introduce an ELO system for rankings and matchmaking?

4) If GtTT is considered a success, are there any plans to follow up with other American Civil War battles?

5) Longer term what other periods of conflict are being considered for future titles?

Thank you.
JeanNRA
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by JeanNRA »

1. Will you guys be using realistic troop numbers for brigades or will you be using alternate troop values for Gettysburg TTT?

2. Will there be a sandbox scenario where players can play from Day 1 to Day 3?

3. Can a brigade be cut off from supply by the enemy?

4. What will be the unit actions a player can perform for a brigade? Attack, Dig in, resupply?

5. WIll you be at next years Gettysburg Reenactment to showcase Gettysburg TTT

6. What is the duration of time that each turn represents? ex. 1 turn = ? hrs / min

7. After a brigade attacks a enemy unit will we be able to know how much casualties we inflicted on said unit?

8. Will we be able to tell the strength of the enemy brigade?

9. Will Division, Corps & Army Commanders influence nearby brigades in terms of combat bonuses?

10. Will the player be able to command and utilize artillery in game?

11. The turn system you mentioned is randomly generated. Will this mean I cannot control the brigades I wish to move, but have to move the brigades the computer picks for me to move?

Thank you :)

Check out my blog at http://the-strategy-wargamer.tumblr.com
Meridian99
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Meridian99 »

1. Have you considered making multiplayer scenarios for GTTT where more than two people can play at the same time? What I like about the Civil War is the clashes of personalities within each army, so I thought that having let's say 2 against 2 players where each controlled a specific commander's forces would be a very fun mode.

Return to “Gettysburg: The Tide Turns”