Gettysburg: The Tide Turns PC Hotfix v1.02

A place to discuss the upcoming hex-based Civil War simulation from Shenandoah Studio
HybridSpyda
Slitherine
Slitherine

Gettysburg: The Tide Turns PC Hotfix v1.02

Post by HybridSpyda »

Hi Everyone!

A Hotfix is now available which resolves a few gameplay and multiplayer issues that have been reported.

Go and grab it from the Members Area, or directly from here.
Unzip and replace all the files contained in the zip file with the existing files located in your Gattysburg: The Tide Turns installation folder.

Happy Gaming!
Matthew Ravenwood

Production & QA Manager

RussW
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Gettysburg: The Tide Turns PC Hotfix v1.02

Post by RussW »

Thanks Matthew...Ant read me for this to tell what it fixes.....Good Game..Aside from a lockup
Semper Fi
mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by mboog12 »

It fixes the AI freeze for some cases (I'm not 100% sure yet I've covered them all)
It fixes a PBEM issue where the game would ping the server too often
It has more feedback messages in pbem lobby
RussW

Post by RussW »

thanks mboog
Semper Fi
pzgndr
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by pzgndr »

I applied the hotfix v1.02. No problems with game freeze so far. However, I am into Day 2 and cannot seem to do anything with Union XII Corps, either bringing back units or moving units on the map. This was for Turn 12 and again on Turn 13. I'm attaching some files; not sure which is the game save. It might be helpful to name the game save files better. Hope this helps.
Attachments
Gettysburg Files.zip
Turn 13 Save
(91.88 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
pzgndr
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by pzgndr »

Quick update to my previous post. XII corps seems OK in Turn 14. Not sure what the issue was on Turns 12 and 13, not being able to select units for move or placement.
Theopolis
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Theopolis »

In my steamapps\common\Gettysburg the Tide Turns\ folder I found Gettysburg ttt.exe, but not the Gettysburg.exe that is included in the zip file. Am I to rename Gettysburg.exe to Gettysburg ttt.exe and overlay, or have both files in the folder? How will the launcher know which of these to run? I don't want to replace any other files until I learn the answer to this.
HybridSpyda
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by HybridSpyda »

Theopolis wrote:In my steamapps\common\Gettysburg the Tide Turns\ folder I found Gettysburg ttt.exe, but not the Gettysburg.exe that is included in the zip file. Am I to rename Gettysburg.exe to Gettysburg ttt.exe and overlay, or have both files in the folder? How will the launcher know which of these to run? I don't want to replace any other files until I learn the answer to this.
Hi Theopolis,

This update is for the Slitherine standalone version only, the Steam version should get updated with its own files automatically. Do not try to manually update the Steam version as this would cause adverse effects to happen with your game, to the point that it would be unplayable.

Sorry for the confusion,
Happy Gaming!
Matthew Ravenwood

Production & QA Manager

Twinkle
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Twinkle »

I have played through the first 13 turns of the campaign without any freeze problems, so far so good... 8)

Enjoy playing this so much that I forgot to eat and is starting to feel a bit fatigued, i.e. time for food break. :)
Ironclad
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by Ironclad »

I keep getting an error message for the first file to be replaced ie the exec when I attempt to unzip. Error message is that it can't create the exec file and admistrative privileges may be required. I would note that I installed the game normally (not via adminstrator) and that my install is a Slitherine one not Steam. In view of this I haven't tried to unzip any of the other files.
wgfred

Post by wgfred »

The hotfix is not comprehensive. Still getting the freeze.
I was in turn 14, I think, of campaign game with AI playing USA and attacking, wins the attack and has the option to advance after combat but then freezes with no further action.
Cannot save the game at that point as screen edit says can only save game during your own movement phase.
baloo7777
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by baloo7777 »

I can't even open the patch. Get error message. Put in Matrix help desk ticket with screenshot of error message. But really, glad I only spent $9.99 on game and not $29.99. Game remains unplayable with freezes. Rather dissapointing.
mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by mboog12 »

wgfred wrote:The hotfix is not comprehensive. Still getting the freeze.
I was in turn 14, I think, of campaign game with AI playing USA and attacking, wins the attack and has the option to advance after combat but then freezes with no further action.
Cannot save the game at that point as screen edit says can only save game during your own movement phase.
Don't need to save manually. Autosave will have the exact moment of the freeze. Send me the autosave file and I'll look at it.
wgfred

Post by wgfred »

The autosave is no longer there. I tried to replay it and after changing moves and adjusting positions a couple times it still kept freezing after combat so I deleted the file.
HybridSpyda
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by HybridSpyda »

Ironclad wrote:I keep getting an error message for the first file to be replaced ie the exec when I attempt to unzip. Error message is that it can't create the exec file and admistrative privileges may be required. I would note that I installed the game normally (not via adminstrator) and that my install is a Slitherine one not Steam. In view of this I haven't tried to unzip any of the other files.
Hi Ironclad,

Please ensure that you unzip the files outside of your program files folder before copying them to your installed location.
This is an extra precaution that Windows has in place to stop malicious content being unpackaged directly without your knowledge.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if this does not resolve your issue.

Happy Gaming!
Matthew Ravenwood

Production & QA Manager

GBS

Post by GBS »

This Hot Fix will not install. I unzip and copy and put directly into the install folder. Get Error massage. Also, where on the GUI does the game show the version we have installed? Sorry, I'm one of those guys that plays War Games a doesn't really know how to fix them.Looking for a patch that is a little more user friendly.
Twinkle
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Twinkle »

I bought the game the first day from Matrix webpage, downloaded the zip-file, placed it inside the game folder, extracted it without any problem, played version 1.02

I agree that it really ought to be information about game version in the game menu system (no idea if it exist or not as I am not playing now).
MEDMORSE97

Post by MEDMORSE97 »

Does this hotfix apply to games downloaded after the 14th?
mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by mboog12 »

Yes, but only for the version downloaded through the Slitherine website.
Steam version updates automatically.
Curious

Post by Curious »

Speaking of Steam, when will the Steam version be updated? Thanks.

Return to “Gettysburg: The Tide Turns”