Healing Units

A place to discuss the upcoming hex-based Civil War simulation from Shenandoah Studio
Ironclad
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Healing Units

Post by Ironclad »

Just reread the manual and it confirms what I had understood that a unit not in battle that rests should heal one disorganised strength point per turn. However that hasn't been happening in most cases. Indeed I can only recall one instance of a healing statement appear on screen, admittedly I may have missed some but the evidence is that units are rarely healing units or where they are its much slower than one per turn. Re shattered units - I haven't encountered a night turn so far so don't know if any that meet the return test are being added back to the battlefield as intended.

I haven't been able to get the hot-fix accepted yet (on my non-steam Slitherine installation) but the list of changes don't mention healing so could this looked at too please.
Twinkle
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Healing Units

Post by Twinkle »

I also noticed that not all non-moving units outside any kind of combat successfully recover one of their disorganized strength points.
Amnese
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Amnese »

It happens for me. It's difficult to notice as it happens so fast, but right before the end of the turn [just before the next turn window pops up], the game seems to scroll through all the healing units, and a small white 'Healed' text box appears above each healed unit.

A good strategy seems to be to rotate your units [at least in the full campaign]. Pull back the wounded units, let them heal for a few turns, then send them back in.
freshveggies
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by freshveggies »

It is difficult to tell whether "missing" SPs are demoralized (can heal) or lost (unrecoverable). Maybe I'm overlooking something? If not, would be helpful to have a visual method to identify demoralized versus lost, and also note in unit stats via right click or similar method.
Ironclad

Post by Ironclad »

Seems to be working alright now - the fix may have helped but in fairness it had already improved before that. Shattered units are also returning and appear close to their on board brother units when clicked from the reinforcement box which makes sense.
uxbridge
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by uxbridge »

I was under the impression that "empty boxes" meant demoralazed and that lost "boxes" were removed from unit. How are one supposed to tell demoralized from loss?

EDIT: Made some tests. I'm now sure that "dead" soldiers' box is removed; demorilized soldiers' box remain, but empty.
Twinkle
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Twinkle »

Seems easy to have recovery text in the combat text window, so we could read through a list telling what unit recovered a SP.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

uxbridge wrote:I was under the impression that "empty boxes" meant demoralazed and that lost "boxes" were removed from unit. How are one supposed to tell demoralized from loss?

EDIT: Made some tests. I'm now sure that "dead" soldiers' box is removed; demorilized soldiers' box remain, but empty.
This is correct

Return to “Gettysburg: The Tide Turns”