Crash bug / before soviet phase

Discuss Crisis in Command Volume II: Drive on Moscow. Designed by Ted Raicer
s_Wondgamb
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Crash bug / before soviet phase

Post by s_Wondgamb » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:14 pm

Hi guys. I am posting this here as the crash prevents me from sending it from within the game.
I am playing the soviet on the grand campaign scenario, against the AI. After the German turn I push "Continue", then I guess I tried to do an input too fast, not waiting for the soviet icon (upper right corner) to turn on. The game is stuck with the German icon (see attached capture) and crashes after a few seconds, back to iPad interface. When I kill the app, go back to the game, and load again, it crashes.
I guess I'll have to launch a new game. So let me know quickly if you need more info since I'm going to kill this save ;) .

Peter_TSS
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Crash bug / before soviet phase

Post by Peter_TSS » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:28 pm

In the unlikely event you have enough time to load the game, tap the menu, tap the feedback and tap send before it crashes, that would be helpful.

Also, the crash report would be really helpful. You can email the most recent reports from Moscow to the email address I just pmed you using the instructions I just sent you.

Baldie

Post by Baldie » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:26 pm

Yes, I have absolutely the same problem, just wrote a feedback.

Wondgamb, I also couldn't send a feedback at first, here's what you can do. When the feedback email screen appears quickly press Cancel in the left upper corner and when the program asks you if you want to save the draft, do that. You should have enough time.

After that you can just access the draft from your email app. That's it!

s_nkarp
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by s_nkarp » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:20 am

Thanks for the reports - the feedback really helps. We'll be patching, either with the Universal release or sooner if it happens often enough to be a problem.

s_Wondgamb

Post by s_Wondgamb » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:41 am

I could go to the email and press the "send" button just before the crash. Not sure it went through though. If it happens again I'll do the trick suggested by Baldie. I can't do it now as I killed the save to play again. Best regards.

Miguel_TSS
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Miguel_TSS » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:46 pm

Thanks so much for the bug report. I was able to identify, and fix this issue for our next update.

One possible cause was interrupting the AI's turn under some very specific circumstances. Fortunately this seems uncommon, so hopefully you will not run into it again.

If you are having trouble starting the game, please turn off "Restore State" on the Moscow Tab from the Settings App. Then start a new AI game. Very sorry for the inconvenience.

--
Miguel

s_Wondgamb

Post by s_Wondgamb » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:54 am

Thanks for the fix!
I had no problem launching a new game.
Best.

benjamic
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by benjamic » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:28 pm

I've started 4 full campaign games against the AI, other then one that ended on turn 8 or so with Moscow captured, the other three crashed. The AI moves and then just stays on their turn and then crashes. I've managed to send one bug report but this is getting frustrating not being able to finish a campaign game!

daviddunham
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by daviddunham » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:01 pm

benjamic wrote:I've started 4 full campaign games against the AI, other then one that ended on turn 8 or so with Moscow captured, the other three crashed. The AI moves and then just stays on their turn and then crashes.
This is most likely the crash we fixed yesterday. It's apparently not affecting everyone, but seems to hit other players a lot.

boone737

Post by boone737 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:00 pm

I've found in several scenarios vs. Axis it falls into someking of "thinking" endless loop and crashes. It happens too fast to submit a bug report. When I attempt to send feedback, the games crashes closed. I was able to beat the crash and submit once, but Shenandoah responded with "what's the problem, you didn't send anything." Which, of course, I couldn't send because the crash would occur before I could fill in the form.

I'm sure they're on it. It'll get fixed in time.

daviddunham

Post by daviddunham » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:18 pm

We do think we've identified and fixed this.

If you're sending a report real quick, you should be getting an automated reply, and can then reply to that with additional details.

Return to “Drive On Moscow”