Opponent has timed out due to inactivity, game in limbo

Discuss Crisis in Command Volume II: Drive on Moscow. Designed by Ted Raicer
Guderian24
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Opponent has timed out due to inactivity, game in limbo

Post by Guderian24 »

I have two games where my opponent did not play in one week and is showing as timed out in the opponents turn section of the game details. The problem is that the game has not moved to the completed games section and I have not been awarded a victory.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? :?:
BradTSS
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Opponent has timed out due to inactivity, game in limbo

Post by BradTSS »

Hi Guderian,

We have heard reports of similar bugs and are exploring the issue. It may be something on Apple's end as we do not have direct control over the Game Center servers.

Also if you use the Feedback button in the game menu to send in bug reports, it can give us more information and help in finding a solution.

Thanks,
Brad
Tigre
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Tigre »

Same issue here on one game for now, sending feedback ^^
Guderian24

Post by Guderian24 »

Hi Brad, I have used feedback for the two games I have won that are stuck and I have another where the invitation has timed out and wont move to the completed game section.

Thank you
Guderian24

Post by Guderian24 »

I now have 4 games that are stuck in limbo. They have all timed out after a week of opponent inactivity and will neither move to completed games or give me credit for the win. :evil:

Is there any update on resolving this bug?

Seems like an easy way to avoid a loss, just stop playing and you have a chance the game will never progress to completion.
daviddunham
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by daviddunham »

Are you absolutely sure you are not credited with the win?

Some Game Center facts:
We cannot change anything from the outside. (The game, logged in as you, can.)
You cannot change anything for your opponent.

The latter means that tracking wins and losses (and Elo ratings) is a cooperative process. Both players need to update their Game Center statistics. So when you win a game, the game needs to be sent to the other player so he’ll open it and record the loss.

Likely, that is what has happened in at least some of the games. They cannot be closed until both players have done the tracking. (Invitations that time out shouldn’t be involved in victory tracking, so that is something it looks like we could improve.)
sa-oas
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by sa-oas »

Just so I understand: after your opponent has abandoned the game for a week, you don't get credit for the victory in game center until your opponent launches the DOM app and loads the game they've been neglecting?
daviddunham

Post by daviddunham »

sa-oas wrote:Just so I understand: after your opponent has abandoned the game for a week, you don't get credit for the victory in game center until your opponent launches the DOM app and loads the game they've been neglecting?
No. Assuming you’re running 2.0.1 so that timeouts are enabled, when the game times out, Game Center sends it to you. When you open it, we track the victory.

But the game remains active in Game Center until they load it, because your device cannot track their loss.

Return to “Drive On Moscow”