english civil war

bones65
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

english civil war

Post by bones65 »

Hi, I've bought 'English civil war' ..
I get 'critical error, Profiler,DLog: Error Accessing file. Sorry, the application will quit.

Most probably this error occurred because your user account has not write access to the program directory. Please run the game with administrator rights. '

i'm a panzercorps player, trying my best to make headway with this pretty involved (to say the least!) game.. and it's shut me out of the tutorial 3 or 4 times! i'm afraid to try the actual game for fear of wasting 30 mins on a turn , to be shut out again ! also clicking on the parliamentary flag in top left of screen doesn't centre the screen on London as it says it will in the tutorial.
i'm pretty useless when it comes to installing games , let alone anything more 'computer involved' .. is there a patch /update for this that I can just download? :roll:
on the plus side, it's teaching me English geography and history ..pretty ironic since i'm from England lol!

really looking forward to panzercorps 2 btw ..really hope it caters more for multiplayer ..with lots of maps.

cheers
bones :| :?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: english civil war

Post by zakblood »

here you go, just a link to support posts posted on Matrix

but does solve any issues with installing / running the game, and you are correct, there a permission one

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4286536
Try the following:

1. Uninstall the game if you have installed the game in the default installation folder at: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\English Civil War". If not go to step 3.

2. Reinstall the game, but this time install in a different folder than the default one. Install instead the game in for example "C:\Games\English Civil War".

3. Open the game installation folder, find a file named "Userpath.ini" and delete it.

4. Don't load your previous games, start a new game and check if the crashes are persisting.
bones65

Re: english civil war

Post by bones65 »

thank you ..seems to be better.. i gotta have a bit more time on it to confirm, but it hasn't crashed in first half hr of tutorial 1,..and they've called the delete key by its proper name lol! ..however it says first battle won't happen because it takes more than 15 days,..but it doesn't! it somehow takes 15 days! :roll: i don't think enough playtesting on the tutorial has been done.. but sloooowwwly getting to grips with it .. looks like eventual fun haha! cheers again :o)
bones 8)

Return to “Gettysburg: The Tide Turns - Technical Support”