War for Europe and the Near East Campaign

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Dilly
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: War for Europe and the Near East Campaign

Post by Dilly » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:53 pm

ahuyton wrote: ↑05 Jan 2019 15:51
For our Portuguese excursion, we will stick with the 1494 English.
If TGM selects his defender then I will post the challenge.
Well it appears there is no corresponding Portuguese army the nearest I saw was 1579-1580

TheGrayMouser
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by TheGrayMouser » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:31 pm

Sorry for not being on top of things here, but now with the holidays over I can certainly be more active. It looks like Im in a couple battles? Can some one recap whom what, where etc? I tried to read this thread but ended up more confused!!

ahuyton
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by ahuyton » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:22 pm

Dilly wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:53 pm
ahuyton wrote: ↑05 Jan 2019 15:51
For our Portuguese excursion, we will stick with the 1494 English.

Well it appears there is no corresponding Portuguese army the nearest I saw was 1579-1580
Hi Dilly,

In Extra Nations v3 there are: 'Portuguese 1494-1519' or 'Portuguese in Morocco 1494-1519'.

Let me know if you fancy either of those, or we can try something else

Alan

GDod
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by GDod » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:26 pm

Hi TGM,
Welcome back. Lots of challenges have been happening at the end of December and territory changes but I'll try to catch you up. After your loss of Russia you own Uzbek and the Crimea Hetmanate [see 02/01 posted map], The current player challenges are up to date and are detailed below in the table.
Challenges.jpg
Challenges.jpg (94.37 KiB) Viewed 301 times
We are currently issuing player challenges but we haven't updated the rush on unclaimed territories for January.

Sorry , you had two scheduled games for the Lithuania and the Cossack Hetmanate in December but these expired so the territories returned to the unclaimed pool. You might like to issue a player challenge or two, and claim a couple of unowned territories [either these two or others ]. Everyone has made there claims except your good-self. So, feel free to post them on the thread, or pm me. [Please claim these before the weekend so I can update the table].
Post your move.jpg
Post your move.jpg (45.18 KiB) Viewed 306 times
Good luck for the month...

w_michael
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by w_michael » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:21 am

The Austrian army has Tudor allied longbowmen. This should be interesting.
William Michael, Pike & Shot Campaigns & Field of Glory II enthusiast

Dilly

Post by Dilly » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:29 am

Dearest Lion Cub
I don't seem to be able to find your challenge on the board, and there is nothing in my message box, or is O'Awesum being a naughty boy ?
Dilly McDilly

Dilly

Post by Dilly » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:27 am

Gentlemen
Tis about time that my campaign for a United States Europe gathered pace, therefore I wish to challenge the English with my French Army 1670-1690 I really would like to carry out a simultaneous attack with my Scots and crush them, however that is not allowed,
Further more the carbuncle that is Germany is also challenged by my Polish garrison 1676-1679
All these can be found under the Le Roi Soleil tab
Gentleman Adieu for now
or as my Scottish self would say " See you ! Come and have ago if you think you're hard enough"

Greetings44
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Greetings44 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:22 pm

Grand Sultan Greetings aka the lion cub of the north (for a short time)

game posted for awsum4 pw kitten

Challenge for waterhead in Sweden using Safavid Persians 1515-1590

For it is written (challenge tables rd 3) I am the Lion cub of the North

GDod

Post by GDod » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:57 pm

Please note W within battle stars means waiting for acceptance
Results of unclaimed territories will be posted on Saturday 12th Jan...at the moment everyone may very well get their wish without bloodshed :D
Challenges.jpg
Challenges.jpg (138.45 KiB) Viewed 300 times
Europe Map.jpg
Europe Map.jpg (314.19 KiB) Viewed 300 times

KiwiWarlord
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by KiwiWarlord » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:55 am

Challenge for Italy posted.
KiwiLordski's Georgian Mercenaries ( 1620-1698 ) are marching on Italy.
Does the Mad King William Felipe I accept ?

awesum4
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by awesum4 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:48 pm

Dilly McDilly I will happy accept a challenge for Germany but you must pick an extra nations army not tercio to salvo. I only have v2 of extra nations so tell me which army you are using to ruthlessly crush our peace loving German vassals and we will raise our patriotic defenders.

O'Awesum

GDod

Post by GDod » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:12 am

Dilly wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:29 am
Dearest Lion Cub
I don't seem to be able to find your challenge on the board, and there is nothing in my message box, or is O'Awesum being a naughty boy ?
Dilly McDilly
Post on thread 08/01: I would like to attack Poland using Sweden 1676-1679
I'm playing WH85 in a friendly at the moment. Dilly, WH85 asked that whether you could set it up. His court minstrel penned this song to accompany his challenge. [Well... the Waggon Master General thought it would help set the stage for the coming battle :lol: ]
Brave brave Sir Dilly.jpg
Brave brave Sir Dilly.jpg (32.77 KiB) Viewed 241 times

Dilly

Post by Dilly » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:40 am

awesum4 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:48 pm
Dilly McDilly I will happy accept a challenge for Germany but you must pick an extra nations army not tercio to salvo. I only have v2 of extra nations so tell me which army you are using to ruthlessly crush our peace loving German vassals and we will raise our patriotic defenders.

O'Awesum
The army I picked is from Le Roi Soleil, is that not suitable ?

GDod

Post by GDod » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:00 am

Dilly wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:40 am
awesum4 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:48 pm

O'Awesum
The army I picked is from Le Roi Soleil, is that not suitable ?
Sorry Dilly, armies must be chosen from extra nations
Rules state: All matches and challenges use extra nations V3 and filter must be on where possible, otherwise closest time period match. Terrain is pot luck & size medium if not chosen by mutual agreement.

GDod

Post by GDod » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:14 am

Today is the last day for claiming your two unowned territories for Turn 3 January. According to my untidy records only KiwiLordski, McAwsum, G bin Dodaziz, and the Waterhead - Lioncub of the North have lodged claims this month.
Last edited by GDod on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ahuyton

Post by ahuyton » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:34 am

GDod wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:14 am
Today is the last day for claiming your two unowned territories for Turn 3 January. According to my untidy records only KiwiLordski, McAwsum, G bin Dodaziz, and the Waterhead - Lioncub of the North have lodged claims this month.
As have I, Gavin...

Dilly

Post by Dilly » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:24 pm

Dilly wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:27 am
Gentlemen
Tis about time that my campaign for a United States Europe gathered pace, therefore I wish to challenge the English with my French Army 1670-1690 I really would like to carry out a simultaneous attack with my Scots and crush them, however that is not allowed,
Further more the carbuncle that is Germany is also challenged by my Polish garrison 1676-1679
All these can be found under the Le Roi Soleil tab
Gentleman Adieu for now
or as my Scottish self would say " See you ! Come and have ago if you think you're hard enough"
The English challenge still stands, I would also challenge for Germany with the same French army
Dilly McDilly

KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:07 pm

Rumours are abound that Westminster Abbey has been renamed Westminster Mosque.........

GDod

Post by GDod » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:52 pm

ahuyton wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:34 am
GDod wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:14 am
As have I, Gavin...
WH85: I mean't to say you've only claimed one territory Lion cub. You can claim another if you wish.

ahuyton: Did you pm me Alan? I can't find a record in my inbox. Can you resend or post your choices to the thread?

GDod

Post by GDod » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:03 pm

Extra Extra European and Near Eastern Gazette Exclusive: The Lord Protector Burned at the Battle of Burnham Wood

The Teutonic komtur Thiele von Vererich "The Hammer of the English" stated in his best learn't shakespearan oratory at Westminister today that "1494 shall wend down in hist'ry as the day at which hour m'rry England becameth anoth'r bastion f'r the conv'rsion of ign'rant peasants to the true faith

Local landowners throughout England were justified in their widespread panic when they heard the Lord Protector decided, rather than protect the lives of his subjects, it was more prudent to flee to the continent in order to protect his own person after his decisive defeat at Burnham Woods . This reporter was appalled by the slaughter the islamic order had brought to unprepared militia and dubious ‎Landsknecht mercenaries. When interviewed, a local woman Matilda Runawhy of the little village of Crackpot, North Yorkshire, decried the state of the military forces in England stating, "And to think we pay taxes to those aristocratic miscreants to make sure our villages are safe from marauding f'reign'rs! We welcome the islamic brothers of the sword. Maybe they will be more successful and can keep our crops safe from that detestable European Union members"
After speaking to this reporter, Maltilda was found dead later that same day, beaten to death by a piece of kindling from Burnham wood inscribed with "You can't live, if living is without EU." Clearly, the order has a long road ahead to win over the hearts and minds of these English peasants.
Battle of Burham Wood.jpg
Battle of Burham Wood.jpg (127.75 KiB) Viewed 206 times
One peasant conscript to another whilst running for home: "Gosh, the Lord Protector was hopping mad when he arrived and found no forests. I knew we shouldn't have cut down all those trees for firewood last year!"

Return to “Pike & Shot : Tournaments & Leagues”