Ottoman team event : Round 3

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

ahuyton
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Ottoman team event : Round 3

Post by ahuyton »

The Ottoman invasion of Poland failed despite a brave victory for Gribol and Kiwiwarlord's valiant draw. For others (myself included) Winged Hussars and Haiduks proved too much. But elsewhere, there were continued successes for the Ottomans, who continue to threaten both the Imperial throne in Vienna and even perhaps the distant protestant capitals.

Vienna has summoned its Captains and implores resistance. Armies are forming to resist the seemingly irrepressible tide from Constantinople.

--

For Round Three, Ottomans use the list 1630-48

Their enemies should use a list overlapping this period, and the following nations are available, either from Tercio to Salvo or the Extra Nations v2 mod:
- Russian
- Imperial
- Venetian Colonial
- Wallachian
- Transylvanian

I hope this gives a wide enough choice and stimulates some good games. Please post your selection below. As usual, reports of the battles are very welcome.

Enemies player should launch the games (large, open, agricultural terrain).

--

Games

Gribol v Snugglebunnies
Kiwiwarlord v Gdod
ahuyton v Awesum4
Nosy_rat v smjohnso77
Sedo v Pancalvus
GentlemanRanker v Tomoegozen
Veles v Thegraymouser
Dang v Cromlechi
Kerry D v Snooky51

I have not heard anything from Flynnn5555 for some time and I think Pixel had some difficulties with his games so for the moment I have not included them,
TomoeGozen
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: Ottoman team event : Round 3

Post by TomoeGozen »

I'll take Russians if I may. Can I set up and start the game now or do I have to wait for everyone else?
cheers,
Dave.
PanCalvus
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by PanCalvus »

Challenge for Sedo posted. Going Transylvanian 1632-1645.
cromlechi
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by cromlechi »

I will try Venetian Colonial
TomoeGozen

Post by TomoeGozen »

Challenge set up for GentlemanRanker . Russians vs Ottoman Turks , password is 'Russia'
awesum4
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by awesum4 »

Challenge set up for Alan.

Wallachian against Ottomans. Password round3
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

TomoeGozen wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:33 pm I'll take Russians if I may. Can I set up and start the game now or do I have to wait for everyone else?
cheers,
Dave.
Hi Dave, feel free to start. Best of luck!
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

Challenge up for gribol, pw snuggles.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
KiwiWarlord
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by KiwiWarlord »

Gavin you are meant to post your Challenges for Round 3 here.
I think that all those 'stools ' that you mentioned have gone to your head as you set the Challenge up incorrectly
Here are Alan's instructions
Enemies player should launch the games (large, open, agricultural terrain).
Get it right and the Sultan will send some perfumed wipes for your stools. :lol:
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:34 am Gavin you are meant to post your Challenges for Round 3 here.
Oh dear.jpg
Oh dear.jpg (2.71 KiB) Viewed 2455 times
Forgot to change from attack to open battle. I'll try again, and who knows it's a real possibility I might even set it correctly this time!
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Challenge up for Veles, The Rus vs The Otto's

pword: round3
Sedo
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Sedo »

As soon as the snows melted in the spring of 1637, the Ottoman forces of Sedo Pasha advanced across the open plains of Hungary to confront their erstwhile Transylvanian vassals, led by the wily PanCalvus. Having read about the Swedish victory at Wittstock the previous year, the Transylvanians decide to divide their forces and attempt to envelop the unwieldy hordes of the Sublime Porte from both sides!

Anticipating just such a maneuver, Sedo Pasha refuses his right flank, which rests on a small wood, while advancing his crack janissaries into a patch of rough ground dividing the two Transylvanian corps. Now isolated, the Transylvanian cavalry wing is defeated in detail, while the remainder of the army takes up a defensive position on rising ground and dares the Ottomans to attack. Sedo refuses to take the bait, and beats back a probing attack by Transylvanian hussars and dragoons on his right. Their heavy foot still intact, the Transylvanians are able to withdraw in good order to fight another day.

The Ottomans are victorious (41-12), but the war is far from over...
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

Sedo wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:08 pm The Ottomans are victorious (41-12), but the war is far from over...
Brilliant start to our Campaign Sedo, a present of delicacies, including the banned alcohol, tobacco, and coffee, from Constantinople is heading your way.
Sultan Murad IV
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

cromlechi wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:16 pm I will try Venetian Colonial
Hi Cromlechi, Have you set up your challenge for Dang yet ?
cromlechi

Post by cromlechi »

I've worked it out now, challenge posted
Veles
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Veles »

TheGrayMouser (Russian) vs Veles (Ottoman) ended up with Russian (15%) victory over Ottomans (49%)
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Congratulations GrayMouser. I would imagine it won't be long before the Order of Saint Andrew the Apostle the First-Called is on its way from our imperial Majesty. Hussar!
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

Veles wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:39 pm TheGrayMouser (Russian) vs Veles (Ottoman) ended up with Russian (15%) victory over Ottomans (49%)
Commiserations Veles, I am not far behind you against my Russian horde lead by GDod and his stool......
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

GDod wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:49 am Congratulations GrayMouser. I would imagine it won't be long before the Order of Saint Andrew the Apostle the First-Called is on its way from our imperial Majesty. Hussar!
As long as Olga Kurylenko delivers it!
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

So my Ottomans have just finished their game with Awesum4's Wallachians, winning 60-34.

Andre's forces consisted of a right wing of about 8 LH and a centre-left (geographical not political) wing of Boyars (dangerous cavalry), many more LH and a smattering of infantry. I decided to play aggressively against Andre's main force and advanced my Janissaries and cavalry with LH on the far flank. Andre, to his great credit, always plays with flair and vigour and we soon found ourselves in a swirling melee. My Janissaries suffered against the Boyars but I was able to do a lot of damage with shooting and then picking off the enemy cav as they pursued. Once the battle lines broke up I was able to inflict casualties on the LH, which helped my cause.

On the Wallachian right flank, I opposed the LH with a combination of skirmish infantry (from a wood in the centre) some cavalry and a couple of LH. I was quite worried by the effective shooting of the enemy LH but Andre will not mind me saying that his troops got a bit too close to mine on one turn and I was able to charge and catch them with my cav. In such circumstances luck is a helpful ally and it lent me a hand so negating the threat on that flank.

I might add that for once the Ottomans had the advantage in numbers, 13k v 11k and I did feel as the battle proceeded that my numbers were a big help.

Return to “Pike & Shot : Tournaments & Leagues”