ECW Campaign 2017 Royalist Line of Communication

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

ECW Campaign 2017 Royalist Line of Communication

Post by GDod »

I count on your honesty! (No peeking until I can restrict users to this group)
Kelen2
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: ECW Campaign 2017 Royalist Line of Communication

Post by Kelen2 »

OK chaps, Midlands look s reasonably secure what with Doley in 34, TGM in 24, Youngr 29, Lascar 16 and me in 30. Don't think I can do a flying column this turn so was thinking of moving into 31. That'll put me in striking distance of 35 & 36 and flying column distance of 35 & 37, and also 28 & 32, (depending on what Youngr does.

I notice that 27 still says that it is unassigned as yet, which means that either TGM or Youngr could grab it with a flying column and net 2 counties in the process, with what should be minimal risk.

Thoughts?
awesum4
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by awesum4 »

Kelen,

you are actually starting in 31 not 30.

I suggest we want to be bold but not suicidal in the first move and secure as many Divisions as possible, while also denying these rebels complete divisions.

We don't need to worry about Scotland as Seaport will almost certainly be a flying column and capture all of it and we can't prevent that.

In divison X Warlord is a cautious player, he cannot secure all of it even with a flying column and so will probably just move to 38 as a normal army.

In divison IX Snuggles will need to be a flying column to secure it, so I suggest we surprise him. Kelen moves as a normal army to 35. If Snuggles is a flying column Kelen should have the advantage in a battle, especially as he will be reinforced. If Snuggles is a normal army he will either move to 37 in which case we capture 35 unopposed, or if he moves to 35 there will be a battle between 2 normal armies, but ours will be reinforced.
How come Kelen is reinforced.....Doyley moves a flying column to 33, securing division VIII and then to 32, so is a reinforcement for Kelen.

Meanwhile youngR moves as a flying column to 30 and 26. This secures division VII and possibly acts as a reinforcement to TGM in county 25 if he decides to move that way.

More suggestions to come...I won't write too long a piece
Kelen2

Post by Kelen2 »

Yeah sorry, got my 30 & 31 back to front. Likewise I think you meant Youngr moving to 30 and 36.

Seeing as we've, (at the moment), got an advantage in numbers as 27 is as yet unassigned, as far as strategic planning goes, shall Doley, Youngr and myself have the long term goal of securing the North. It'll be 3 on 3, but unless Seaport moves South quickly, (unlikely as, as you say, he'll probably try to secure Scotland), we should have a local advantage.
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

Division VI should be ours by the end of turn 1. Both TGM and Brent should use flying columns to capture the 4 remaining counties, including 27 (the unknown warriors base). I suggest TGM moves to 26 and then 27, Brent moves to 23 and then 26. If either of them encounters the unknown warrior he will almost certainly fight as a reinforced army, reinforced by either of the other players in the province or by YoungR.

Division IV is more of a problem. The rebels will wish to secure London immediately, either LDFM does it using a flying column in which case he is not supporting the unknown warrior, or Ianow does it in which case division IV could be captured by Lascar using a flying column. Personally I would take the gamble and flying column through 15 and 14, hoping that Ianow takes London, either staying there or as a flying column returns to 14. But the pragmatic approach would be to move as a normal army to 15 and then next move on to 14, but if Ianow takes London he will outnumber us next turn.

In Cornwall I am flying column to take 19 and 18, then securing it all next turn, or next turn invading division 11 to take on Kerry

I'm presuming Damatrios can only secure all of Ireland this turn and then ship to the mainland in the following one.
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

Kelen,

No I think YoungR should move to 30 then 28 (oops I read the number wrong). I don't think that 30 and 36 are connected there is a branch of the sea separating them. You will be in 35 reinforced by Doyley50 so another army up there doesn't help. If he moves to 28 he can possibly reinforce TGM this turn and will be poised to attack into division 111 next turn.
Kelen2

Post by Kelen2 »

Hmm, think I'll PM GDod for clarification as it looks like 30 & 36 may be connected to me, (it'll only cause arguments later if we think they're not and in fact they are).

I think it depends on whether Damatrois is to invade either Scotland or Wales after securing Ireland. If he does a flying column into 49 then back to 48 he'll be positioned to invade Scotland and break up Seaports hold with a normal move, (and would probably force Seaport to play defensively for a turn), but could invade 44 with a flying column. Or he moves to 49 and threatens Wales, but could then hit 46 with a flying column and break Seaport's undisputed hold of Scotland.

Decisions, decisions. Would be good if we had some of those being discussed around for their views, as communication is going to be important. However, it's still going to end up with individual players doing what they think it best; unless of course we decide as a group to appoint an overall CinC, (and no, I wasn't putting myself forward!)
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

The Naki Bardman.jpg
The Naki Bardman.jpg (3.38 KiB) Viewed 6684 times
awesum4 wrote:Division VI should be ours by the end of turn 1. Both TGM and Brent should use flying columns to capture the 4 remaining counties, including 27 (the unknown warriors base). I suggest TGM moves to 26 and then 27, Brent moves to 23 and then 26. If either of them encounters the unknown warrior he will almost certainly fight as a reinforced army, reinforced by either of the other players in the province or by YoungR.

Division IV is more of a problem. The rebels will wish to secure London immediately, either LDFM does it using a flying column in which case he is not supporting the unknown warrior, or Ianow does it in which case division IV could be captured by Lascar using a flying column. Personally I would take the gamble and flying column through 15 and 14, hoping that Ianow takes London, either staying there or as a flying column returns to 14. But the pragmatic approach would be to move as a normal army to 15 and then next move on to 14, but if Ianow takes London he will outnumber us next turn.

In Cornwall I am flying column to take 19 and 18, then securing it all next turn, or next turn invading division 11 to take on Kerry

I'm presuming Damatrios can only secure all of Ireland this turn and then ship to the mainland in the following one.
Just jumping in here... Ireland is for all intents and purposes bordering 44 and 46 so a flying column could conceivably capture either of these counties as well :D
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

The Naki Bardman.jpg
The Naki Bardman.jpg (3.38 KiB) Viewed 6685 times
awesum4 wrote:Kelen,

No I think YoungR should move to 30 then 28 (oops I read the number wrong). I don't think that 30 and 36 are connected there is a branch of the sea separating them. You will be in 35 reinforced by Doyley50 so another army up there doesn't help. If he moves to 28 he can possibly reinforce TGM this turn and will be poised to attack into division 111 next turn.
30 and 36 are connected as are 14 and 2, 49 and 44, 48 and 46, and 22 and 42
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

That makes a huge difference in some areas. We could go for trying to eliminate Snuggles and the unknown warrior in the first turn, each player removed gains us an advantage of one complete army. But if it backfires we would be worse off than if we play a solid game.

Are all the Royalist players actually reading this? Can we have some imput as to whether you want a combined strategy with us all working together, or are we going to all do our own thing and hope to confuse the rebels. Can you please post something; Damatrios, Doyley50, TGM, YoungR. Kelen is posting here and I am in contact via games or text with Lascar and Brent
BrentBJ
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BrentBJ »

I'm in favor of a combined strategy. That way somebody does the thinking for me. :)
Has Richard Bodley Scott surfaced or is he possibly the unknown warrior?
BrentBJ
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BrentBJ »

Division VI should be ours by the end of turn 1. Both TGM and Brent should use flying columns to capture the 4 remaining counties, including 27 (the unknown warriors base). I suggest TGM moves to 26 and then 27, Brent moves to 23 and then 26. If either of them encounters the unknown warrior he will almost certainly fight as a reinforced army, reinforced by either of the other players in the province or by YoungR.
I'm happy to follow this and take 23 and 26. TGM do you agree?

regards
Brent
Doyley50
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Doyley50 »

Combined strategy fine by me.
Kelen2

Post by Kelen2 »

Combined strategy good with me too.
youngr
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by youngr »

I'm happy to take 28 and 30 as a flying column (or the other way round?)

Richard
Kelen2

Post by Kelen2 »

youngr wrote:I'm happy to take 28 and 30 as a flying column (or the other way round?)

Richard
Looks like Ulysisgrunt will be taking the vacant post in 27, so may be better doing 30 then 28. If Doley takes 33 then 32. If I do a normal move into 35, that, as Awsum4 says, would give us control of 2 full divisions in the midlands, and put them in a good position to provide reinforcements if required, to either reach other, myself, or TGM, (depending on where he goes); as well as depriving Snugglebunnies of taking all of division 10, (assuming I don't make an absolute hash of my battle in 35 if I end up running into him!)

Thoughts?

I know we want a unified battle plan, but time is ticking by, and I think we need to post our moves fairly soon.
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

Ok guys,

unified plan of movement for turn 1; as directed by his Majesty King Charles, all glory be to him;

Damatros moves from 48 to 46, the invasion of Scotland. If he secures Ireland first Seaport will have secured all of Scotland and will be larger then Damatros.

Doyley50 in flying column moves to 33 and then 32

Kelen2 moves to 35

TGM in flying column moves to 25 then 27

YoungR in flying column moves to 30 then 28

Brent in flying column moves to 23 then 26

Lascar moves to 15

Awesum4 in flying column moves to 19 and then 21.

May the fortunes of war favour our righteous cause. To War !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

Gavin,

My move for turn 1 is

Move in flying column from 20 Cornwall to 19 Devonshire (don't stop for scones) then to 21 Somerset.

Andre
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

The Naki Bardman.jpg
The Naki Bardman.jpg (3.38 KiB) Viewed 6633 times
awesum4 wrote:Gavin,

My move for turn 1 is

Move in flying column from 20 Cornwall to 19 Devonshire (don't stop for scones) then to 21 Somerset.

Andre
Locked in Awesum You all need to welcome your new Parliamentarian protaganist Danny a.k.a Ulysisgrunt returned from o'er the sea ((He should really be a scot :roll: )
Kelen2

Post by Kelen2 »

My move from 31 to 35

Return to “Pike & Shot : Tournaments & Leagues”