War for Europe and the Near East Campaign

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

awesum4
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: War for Europe and the Near East Campaign

Post by awesum4 »

Gavin,

I think your idea of a person being able to issue multiple challenges and to refuse all but one challenge each turn makes things a little complicated. I think each person should only issue 1 challenge for an owned territory each turn, and if no other challenge is received within say 3 days then the challenge must be accepted, unless the same person challenged in the previous 2 turns. Basically we each get 1 challenge, and by the end of the first week we should each have 2 battles to fight for owned territories, one in defense and one in an invasion.

Thanks,

Andre
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

awesum4 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:04 am Basically we each get 1 challenge, and by the end of the first week we should each have 2 battles to fight for owned territories, one in defense and one in an invasion.
I understand your point Andre but this suggestion assumes that everyone would receive a challenge, which may not be the case. In the first round I think complications arose as new challenges arose throughout the month before the resolution of previous arranged battles. If everyone agrees to restrict the challenge phase to the first week deadline, this should resolve the issue.
ahuyton
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by ahuyton »

Admiral Prince Rupert is organising a cruise to Constantinople. Among the proposed entertainments for the royal party is a little bataille in the delightful Turkish countryside with our good friend, the infidel Sultan. We will bring the picknick and request the Sultan to provide his famous bellydancers.
Greetings44
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Greetings44 »

Game posted for the Moroccan Mole, password sherbet. Keep hold of your hat.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Updated player challenges will be displayed as changes occur.
The map, including non-contested and contested occupation of unclaimed territories, and our increasing colorful history will be updated on the 7th December.

I'm really appreciating your creative flair for generating [and hopefully if declining] hostilities...great work!
Challenges.jpg
Challenges.jpg (79.68 KiB) Viewed 2505 times
Last edited by GDod on Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

Gavin, as Kiwiwarlord already has a challenge, we will shift ours to Spain.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

ahuyton wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:37 am Gavin, as Kiwiwarlord already has a challenge, we will shift ours to Spain.
Duly noted and amended below.
Greetings44

Post by Greetings44 »

Ahuyton your scouts are ineffectual or colour blind. I will accept your challenge on behalf of Spain, what do you intend to use? Or do I get the choice due to poor scouting? :)
Dilly
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Dilly »

Has the jumped up Scottish King dared to challenge the Great and Mighty O'Dilly while his brave warriors are busy sunning themselves in Portugal ????
During what period of history is he planning on doing this ? As no challenge has appeared on the game, I take it he is currently trying different armies , and it's not going well :D :shock:
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Greetings44 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:54 pm Ahuyton your scouts are ineffectual or colour blind. I will accept your challenge on behalf of Spain, what do you intend to use? Or do I get the choice due to poor scouting? :)
Acceptance noted and amended on table below
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

awesum4 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:53 am I, McAwesum of the Glen Campbells,....challenge Dilly O'Dilly...Our choice of weapons shall be those borne by the Scottish army between the years of 1494 and 1512 ad.
McAwesum has chosen his list for the challenge Dilly. I presume you have accepted and need to set up the game with your choice of list. Good luck to you both.
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

Greetings44 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:54 pm Ahuyton your scouts are ineffectual or colour blind. I will accept your challenge on behalf of Spain, what do you intend to use? Or do I get the choice due to poor scouting? :)
Splendid! We will send our 1645-1648 Royalists to engage the army of your choice. Do you want to set up the game?
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

ahuyton wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:11 pm
Splendid! We will send our 1645-1648 Royalists to engage the army of your choice. Do you want to set up the game?
Pardon me for interrupting Alan but the extra armies list v3 only has English early pre-1600 or British 1661-1685 and 1686-1688. Are you perhaps using the ECW list?
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

THE WAR FOR PERSIA. Recently, the gazette sent their ace reporter Qaboos bin Said Al Said Wat and sketch artist Digimon Izzat an-Ipad to the Persian front. Together, they filed this report from the field.
MoroccanvsPersian.jpg
MoroccanvsPersian.jpg (590.8 KiB) Viewed 2460 times
Forming up the mass of the Tribal light lancers on the left, they charged but Tartar bows thinned the ranks and many fled. Meanwhile, in the centre Tribal light lancers supported by quickly redeployed reinforcements from the left flank including heavier Sipahis, camels and spearmen attempted to take the hill against strong opposition. Unfortunately, the Persian infantry shadowing this force with the advantage of a large quantity of newly acquired arquebus and massed bow decimated the Moroccan ranks just as the attacks were gaining ground. The Moroccan mole now also fears for our brothers on the hill. It will require a miracle to stop the Persian usurper and save the vision of a united Arab empire under their glorious Sultan G bin Dodaziz.
Dilly
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Dilly »

GDod wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:45 pm
awesum4 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:53 am I, McAwesum of the Glen Campbells,....challenge Dilly O'Dilly...Our choice of weapons shall be those borne by the Scottish army between the years of 1494 and 1512 ad.
McAwesum has chosen his list for the challenge Dilly. I presume you have accepted and need to set up the game with your choice of list. Good luck to you both.
Ok so the Wee jumped up little man has chosen 1494 15?? so do I have to chose the opposing army or can I have any ??
As my Kingdom is at stake I want to get this right
KiwiWarlord
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by KiwiWarlord »

Ottoman Turks using the 1610 - 1617 army Challenge Austria.
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

Ottoman Turks using the 1610 - 1617 army Challenge Poland
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

Dilly,

I believe you must use the closest army in year that opposes my army with the filter on. If you input pro-imperial you get to use Anglo-Irish 1494-1539 against my Scottish 1494-1512. Any other combination to get an Irish army of the same year to play scots of 1494 requires you to turn the filter off.

This I believe is how one correctly uses the "Dilly O'Dilly" method of challenge generation.

So we eagerly await your setting up of this momentous battle for possession of the Emerald Isle.

You could of course challenge me for Scotland, then you get to pick your favourite (or most effective) Irish army and I am restricted in what army I can use in defense.

So cry havoc and release the Irish Wolfhounds of war!!!!
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:17 pm Ottoman Turks using the 1610 - 1617 army Challenge Poland
Updated player challenges
Challenges.jpg
Challenges.jpg (89.03 KiB) Viewed 2451 times
Last edited by GDod on Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

Hi Gavin

I think that my challenge is against Greetings44 rather than Kiwiwarlordski.

Can I use an ECW list or is it better that I use something else? (in relation to your earlier post). I don't mind.

Alan

Return to “Pike & Shot : Tournaments & Leagues”