Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

Rork
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Order of Battle Bug Database

Post by Rork » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:43 pm

bru888 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:13 pm
Rork, thanks for your input. Please hang around; we need forum members like you with fresh ideas and the willingness to impart them for the sake of the game.
Soooo, does that mean that a new bug list would be useful (Undo Move is a feature, not a bug - just to be clear)?

GabeKnight
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by GabeKnight » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:05 pm

Bruce, you're right about "the tone" being uncalled for. Sorry about that.

And you're right about me being overly "irritated by inaccuracies stated by others", some more than others, to be honest, but anyhow, that's not your problem, but mine.

Rork wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:41 pm
I'm lost here, because I was talking about another screen. Could you please post an image with the precise screen where you have to activate the console command?
I haven't tried all possibilities, but the screen(s) where I know it to work are these:
(this is a new Blitzkrieg campaign started, for example)

Screenshot 202.jpg
Screenshot 202.jpg (652.03 KiB) Viewed 11 times

And just to be clear: BEFORE posting such statements as I did above, I ALWAYS test the code/setting/whatever on my (vanilla!) OoB version, to see if it works or if there have been made some changes between versions. And the code always worked for me when entered in the campaign screen, although I have to admit that I've only tried it a handful of times myself.

BTW, these settings are stored in the "\settings\unlocked.dat" file. As a temporary workaround, marking this file as "read-only" in the explorer could solve the problem of them vanishing after restart. But I haven't tested this theory. And I'm still not sure what causes them to vanish from the list in the first place.

I did run some tests now: deleted the unlocked.dat file, started OoB and inputted the code. And yeah, it seems it does NOT always work like this. And then it does. Strange. So don't know, maybe you are right and the code does not work for everybody indeed.
Rork wrote:
GabeKnight wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:51 pm
The "#overtime 1" cheat (or rather: console command) gives you one additonal turn in the scen. Nothing more.
Um... actually it didn't. I mean, the scenario ended exactly as usual, but with the Victory outcome, there was no extra turn. Or maybe I didn't pay attention to that, elated as I was to be able to continue the campaign :shock: ...
Other than that, if this method circumvents the problem every time it rears its ugly head, it's a keeper. Editing scenarios in God knows how many places (thought it was only in that one particular spot), coupled with copying them back and forth and backups is a little too much for my time and nerves.
It does increase the turn limit actually, but you won't see it unless you load a savegame file. It's another bug with screens/stats not "refreshing" realtime. Same if you increase the RP income inside the scen. Won't show until a savegame reload.
Rork wrote:
Oh yes, noticed that too, but I didn't file it under Bugs as I was still reeling from having discovered that a Jeep recon unit could be upgraded in the middle of the jungle to a recon plane... and back, if needs shoud dictate so :lol: .
Yeah, cross-upgrades inside the same class are possible. Useful if you want to "transfer" experience. Strange if used as you did. :lol:
At least you can not upgrade a plane back to a vehicle unless landed.
Rork wrote:
You know, this could very quickly escalate into a it's-a-feature-not-a-bug contest, to see who caught more
Why not, it's fun... :lol:

Movement exploit with 2-step vehicles (recon): if you end the unit's movement in a town that has tracks, you can use all (or almost all) your MPs on the road and then move extra 8 hexes via train transport...

I won't even start what happens if you click on "options" during the AI's turn... for example all (next) turn start triggers for the player fire at once. You'll get the popups intended for the player's next turn.

Rork wrote:
Let me give you an example. I finshed Morning Sun with a Heavy Infantry 1940; through the method I described, it was still in the core, but upgraded to 1941 version with zero $ spent in the process.
That I can explain: It's one of the many unit stat issues in the vanilla OoB units.csv file. Exactly those two mentioned units cost the same (as they do for the US faction, BTW)

Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:47 pm

FWIW, on #gimmeall, I find that you often have to restart the game for the game to analyse the unlocked.dat file and therefore unlock the scenarios.

Ta

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:11 pm

GabeKnight wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:05 pm
Bruce, you're right about "the tone" being uncalled for. Sorry about that.

And you're right about me being overly "irritated by inaccuracies stated by others", some more than others, to be honest, but anyhow, that's not your problem, but mine.
Alright, buddy, thank you for your response. I am glad that you came back with this graceful answer; in any event, I should have thicker skin and not have taken it personally. As it was, I was in one of my OOB low-energy cycles and the timing was unfortunate. You contribute too much to this game for you and I to be at loggerheads. Just try to be more patient with dunderheads! :wink:
Shards wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:47 pm
FWIW, on #gimmeall, I find that you often have to restart the game for the game to analyse the unlocked.dat file and therefore unlock the scenarios.

Ta
For cryin' out loud. That could have been the issue all along. Thanks for correcting this dunderhead. :wink:
- Bru

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”