Unable to load recent saved game - Auto Scrolls to bottom of list

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

kverdon
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Unable to load recent saved game - Auto Scrolls to bottom of list

Post by kverdon » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:53 pm

Ok, I now have another new issue. After re-installing the game and recreated the "My Games\Order of Battle - WW2" folder I copied over the last few saved game files from the backup I have made along with the custom campaigns. Now, when attempting to load a save game, as soon as I click on the file name to select it in the load game screen, it auto scrolls down to the last game on the list and will not then move. You can ONLY select the oldest same game on the list. I suppose a work around would be to copy your save games to another folder, leaving only the most current one in there (this does work btw) but that's a royal PITA.

Edit: Did some investigation. I deleted all but the most current saved game, which was a campaign save. I loaded that and then started the scenario. It created a new Autosave file. I then manually saved 5 other saved games. When I now try to select a save game, any filename other than the Autosave file auto scrolls down to the bottom of the list. It will sometime auto scroll on the autosave file but most times lets me select it without auto scrolling.

Just another lovely day in the world of OOB releases.

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Unable to load recent saved game - Auto Scrolls to bottom of list

Post by Erik2 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:59 pm

FWIW, you are the only one reporting these issues. So it probably is something on your end.
I know, it is a PITA anyway.
Hope you get it sorted.
Have you tried using your Steam code and install/run OOB from Steam?
You can run Steam OOB simultaneously with Slither OOB (literally 2 instances of OOB).

kverdon

Post by kverdon » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:52 pm

Well we will have to see if someone else winds up reporting this. I can't sort it on my end. It ONLY happens in OOB. All my other steam games are fine. It happens in any window where there is a scroll option. One you click on an item in the windows it starts to auto scroll down. I am running from Steam. Is there a way for me download and run the non steam version?

GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by GabeKnight » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:01 pm

I've had similar issues with another game with my controller being plugged in. Try to unplug that thing (if applicable) or anything similar (wheels, pedals...).

kverdon

Post by kverdon » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:20 pm

Thanks, unplugged my HOTAS setup but the issue persists.

Edit: I did some more investigation and I discovered that though both my throttle and Joystick/Pedals were unplugged, the Vjoy Program was still creating a virtual controller and THAT is what was causing the issue. Disabling Vjoy resolved the issue. Why it suddenly became a problem I cannot say as I had not make any vjoy configuration changes yesterday. It must have had something to do with reinstalling with vjoy enabled. When I disable vjoy the problem is resolved.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”