Small font problem

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators, Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Protonic2020
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Small font problem

Post by Protonic2020 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:10 am

Yes, but let me first say thank you for a FREE copy of this game. (I believe in doing that, it´s the least i can do now).
And on top of that, a pesky noob question from me about that in game font as well in OOB: WW2.
So i have looked around a bit now on the forum trying to find a way to adjust it to a font size that´s a bit more suitable one for my monitor. I have one 15 inch old standard HP monitor and i use the in game screen resolution of 1024x768, eye sight not perfect but at my screen otherwise never any problem so it´s not that.
It´s readable mostly but not when it gets to it´s smaller size font versions, hovering with the mouse pointer helps to see a bit more, but to cut this comment shorter now, is there some remedy for this issue?

(Pumping up the screen resolution must do the opposite), so what to do if there´s any solution to it at all?

Cheers

This is just how small the text becomes and i believe it shows just how bad it is just from opening\viewing this pic:

Mediafire for uploading pics instead of Google photos i just noticed, broken pic link fixed.

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Small font problem

Post by Erik2 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:05 am

My experience on playing on a 15" laptop was that I had to live with the txt size. You can try using WIndowed mode and different screen resolutions, but I doubt you'll find a 'perfect' solution.
I would spend some money on a decent 19" (or higher) monitor if possible...
Personally i ended up with a 4k monitor whcih increased my enjoyment playing OOB 4000% :wink:

Protonic2020

Post by Protonic2020 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:32 am

Erik2 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:05 am
My experience on playing on a 15" laptop was that I had to live with the txt size. You can try using WIndowed mode and different screen resolutions, but I doubt you'll find a 'perfect' solution.
I would spend some money on a decent 19" (or higher) monitor if possible...
Personally i ended up with a 4k monitor whcih increased my enjoyment playing OOB 4000% :wink:
Aaaaw OK. But thanks for the reply and tip there sir. I will consider a new monitor as well as a whole new PC since mine is starting to get practically ancient by now. Only thing new on it is the OS. And the mouse.
Strategy games like this is my passion, just discovered these game developers and need my gaming fix.

Guten tag

Protonic2020

Post by Protonic2020 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:02 pm

OMG! I got this new monitor from the future, high tech and all and i haven´t stopped to drop my jaw yet over how nice it is compared to an old Fred Flintstone screen from the past. Text up there in the screenshot is directly visible for me as well unlike before. So you others must have wondered what i was talking about. Explanation only now since now that screenshot in 1920x1080 is OK compared to for me before (1024x768 resolution only then).
Grrrrrrrreat! Problem solved.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”