If you are having an issue with the game, please try and follow these posting guidelines to enable us to most quickly solve it.
* Always start a new thread for a new issue
* Please include the version and build information seen top left on the initial loading screen.
* Provide details of your machine (operating system, CPU, video card) - sending the DirectX diagnostics as explained below handles all this for you.
* What problems do you see. E.g. which screen you are looking at, which buttons did you press to repeat the problem. How does the game go wrong.
* A Directx Dialog file - see below for instructions on how to generate a Directx Dialog file.
* Autosave files
* Log files (output_log.txt)
* options.dat file
Zip all files and attach them to your message.
Directx Dialog file:
This file contains detailed information about your hardware and driver software. It can help us identify particular problems with your setup.
1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice
The game creates Autosaves in the Docs\My Games\Order of Battle - WW2\SaveGames folder.
There are both Autosave.sav and Autosave (End Turn).sav files, the first is created at the start of your turn, the latter on clicking end turn.
If something weird happens during your turn, it is useful to have the Autosave + instructions on how to repeat it (if possible at all).
If something happens during the AI turn, send us the (End Turn) autosave.
If you zip the sav files you should be able to attach them to forum posts.
If the game freezes or crashes completely, please send us the log file.
It is called output_log.txt and sits in the <game root>\Order of Battle - WW2_Data\ folder.
For Steam, the default folder path usually is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Order of Battle Pacific\Order of Battle - WW2_Data\
NOTE: This file gets cleared every time you restart the game. So when an error occurs, please grab the file before you restart or any useful information will be gone!
On Mac the file is called "Player.log" and is locaited in the folder /Users/YourUserName/Library/Logs/Unity.
This may be a hidden folder, in which case you need go to the folder manualy:
- Open Finder
- At the top bar, select "Go"
- Select "Go to Folder..." from the dropdown menu
- Type "/Users/YourUserName/Library/Logs/Unity" (without quotation marks, replacing YourUserName with the your username folder)
Can be founded at:
PC: \Documents\My Games\Order of Battle - WW2\Settings
Mac: Users\<username>\Order of Battle - WW2\Settings
If you have any problems launching the game (instead crash or black screen), try placing this file into the folder specified above. This should start the game in 1024x768 resolution, windowed mode, with the intro video disabled.