Coral Sea - Japanese TF never moves or fights

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Kull
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Coral Sea - Japanese TF never moves or fights

Post by Kull » Sun May 03, 2015 7:12 am

Coral Sea Scenario (Allied player): There's a small Japanese TF (Light Cruiser, Destroyer, Supply ship) in the middle of the ocean. They don't move or fight back when attacked.

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Coral Sea - Japanese TF never moves or fights

Post by Erik2 » Sun May 03, 2015 8:11 am

Checked the scenario in the editor. These ships are initially not assigned to an AI-team.
They may be assigned and AI-team in a later turn by trigger/event, Lukas surely have the answer to that one.
I noticed the same thing in the boot-camp Fleet Command scenario where several ships are idle the first few turns, then they are assigned orders.

Kull
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Coral Sea - Japanese TF never moves or fights

Post by Kull » Sun May 03, 2015 1:45 pm

Erik wrote:Checked the scenario in the editor. These ships are initially not assigned to an AI-team.
They may be assigned and AI-team in a later turn by trigger/event, Lukas surely have the answer to that one.
I noticed the same thing in the boot-camp Fleet Command scenario where several ships are idle the first few turns, then they are assigned orders.
I'm at turn 20-of-30 in the Coral Sea and still haven't spotted any Japanese Carriers (unfortunately they know where I am), so that's probably the AI trigger. My slow scout planes can't escape those enemy Zeros, and so I still have only the one Carrier, and had to send the whole TF on a Death Ride (where we spotted these immobile ships). It's getting ugly......

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”