Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Spatule
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Bonus objective bugged

Post by Spatule »

Mission : Christchurch, New Zealand

Bonus objective : Sink US ships in less than 10 turns

Bug : After clearing the entire US ships in about 5-6 turns, it was not marked as completed. When I reached turn 10, objective was marked as failed. Restarted the mission, same thing happened. Checked the entire map with planes, used sonar everywhere, not a single US ship to be found.

Is it a simple bug that prevents from completing the objective or is there a very well hidden submarine in a corner of the map, which would be a bit tricky ?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Bonus objective bugged

Post by zakblood »

if you have the save, retry it with the cheat key to see what you have or may have missed, yes it may spoil it for you, but there will be a ship somewhere, you just may not have found it

viewtopic.php?f=264&t=64128

cheat keys ^^

there is one to view all and remove the fog of war, use it, find ship or see if there's one left, if there isn't, then it's a bug, just upload save if your having a problem.

good luck
Spatule

Post by Spatule »

Ok, it was indeed a very well hidden ship in a Lagoon. Sneaky bastard.

You were of great help today, thank you very much ! I was starting to lose my few remaining hair after hours searching for it...
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

been there and now are totally bold anyway :twisted: :roll: :wink:

while some call it cheating, i think you would have found it anyway with a few more searches, and as you bought it, you and i can play it how you like anyway, i only use keys if i have done it that many times i'm really desperate anyway, good luck on the next one and happy gaming...
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

I shaved my head during a very hot summer in Brazil in 1992, never looked back...
b52pilot1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by b52pilot1 »

I can't seem to complete this objective either. I have destroyed all of the US ships, including the supply ship and unmanned destroyer is the lagoon in the far south. I have not destroyed any US submarines...are there some sneaky subs hiding that I need to locate and destroy? I used the cheat code to reveal all units and there were no visible units...

Any help?
b52pilot1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by b52pilot1 »

I finally achieved this objective....two things were different this time from previous attempts:

1) I accomplished the objective on Turn 9. In previous attempts, I destroyed the fleet on Turn 10. Since the objective states to "destroy the US fleet in 10 turns", I assumed that I had the full 10 turns to accomplish this objective.

2) I did not use my German "Wolfpack" subs to destroy any US ships. I only used IJN ships to finish off US ships.

3) I did not destroy the US supply ship in the south lagoon.

I'm not sure which issue above is causing the bug, but I thought I would provide my feedback for everyone's awareness.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”