Fix the bugs guys.

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

TerribleTy
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Fix the bugs guys.

Post by TerribleTy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:39 am

I would like to say first that I love the game. However; with all the bugs and problems everyone has to deal with is getting to the point of burnout. Who ever was in charge of beta testing should be fired. All of these little bugs should of been worked out. Now I am a reasonable person and willing to give you guys some time to fix things but you need to understand I am looking for a patch. I am not a programmer and not interested in opening up various files to fix something you should of fixed before coming to market. We all paid good money for a wonderful game but you need to get the bugs fixed because it is your name on the line. I hope your brand is not associated with poor quality due to programming errors or poor testing in the future. So lets get the bugs fixed in the game and make sure we all can patch the game without an error.

I wish you luck. It is a great game.

Myrddraal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Re: Fix the bugs guys.

Post by Myrddraal » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:18 am

Are you referring to any particular bugs you're still getting? We've released several patches already and most of the issues you see in the tech support forum are fixed.

morge4
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by morge4 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:59 pm

I have to strongly disagree. The developers during the beta test were busting their balls to get things right in the game. Each time we identified a bug, they were quick to release a patch/fix. I have to say they must have fixed 90% (if not more) of the issues that were found during Beta test. But as with all things, sometimes small bugs get through or just didn't come up in the Beta. Since release, the developers have still worked hard to fix the lingering bugs/issues. And they even came out with some free content during that time!

Be specific as Myrddraal asks about any issues you are seeing. They will work to get them fixed but have to know what they are.

Don't knock them without knowing all the facts.

Sorry for the rant but it gripes me no end when people complain without checking the facts or just to complain.

Waltero
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Waltero » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:09 pm

Hello, I have seen the AI do some pretty crazy things.
1) shooting through friendly/enemy units.
2) Units shooting through buildings
3) Tanks moving over units (enemy) will lock the game up.
Number 1-2 are Computer (AI) ability, number 3 is Human.

This is just a few bugs that I have run across. I just purchased the game, I do not fully understand the Functionality of this game as of yet.
I am not sure what I feel about this game, it does feel like it is missing something?

Yolo911
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Yolo911 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:38 pm

I've played literally over 500 MP turns(I saved each email notification) and the only time I've seen units shoot thru other units is when AT guns defend against an armor attack. Since you admit not having a grasp of the functionality of the game this is probably what you witnessed.

What buildings? Do you mean hexes that represent a collection of buildings(towns)?

Waltero

Post by Waltero » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:47 pm

Yolo911 wrote:I've played literally over 500 MP turns(I saved each email notification) and the only time I've seen units shoot thru other units is when AT guns defend against an armor attack. Since you admit not having a grasp of the functionality of the game this is probably what you witnessed.

What buildings? Do you mean hexes that represent a collection of buildings(towns)?
I have yet to play MP.
I am talking about (Specific) a enemy tank unit firing at a unit having its LOS hit the corner of a Building.
Later in the campaign I Seen a Unit (did not notice what type) fire through an entire building.
Tanks seem to fire through units all the time, I thought it was Normal for the enemy to do such things.
I would have posted but I did not want to bog the Forum down with bug reports.

Yolo911

Post by Yolo911 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:51 pm

MP plays the same as SP. And I've never seen a building in this. Are we talking about the same game? OOB:Pacific?

Waltero

Post by Waltero » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:53 pm

Yolo911 wrote:MP plays the same as SP. And I've never seen a building in this. Are we talking about the same game? OOB:Pacific?
I was just thinking of that. NO, I was talking about Heroes of Normandie.
Sorry, not sure how I got on this page.

Yolo911

Post by Yolo911 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:58 pm

This is the OOB:Pacific Forum.

Waltero

Post by Waltero » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:01 am

Yolo911 wrote:This is the OOB:Pacific Forum.
I get that...oops

Myrddraal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by Myrddraal » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:11 am

No problem Waltero. You did have me very confused for a couple of posts! :)

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:20 am

TerribleTy wrote:I would like to say first that I love the game. However; with all the bugs and problems everyone has to deal with is getting to the point of burnout. Who ever was in charge of beta testing should be fired. All of these little bugs should of been worked out. Now I am a reasonable person and willing to give you guys some time to fix things but you need to understand I am looking for a patch. I am not a programmer and not interested in opening up various files to fix something you should of fixed before coming to market. We all paid good money for a wonderful game but you need to get the bugs fixed because it is your name on the line. I hope your brand is not associated with poor quality due to programming errors or poor testing in the future. So lets get the bugs fixed in the game and make sure we all can patch the game without an error.

I wish you luck. It is a great game.

to random to reply to tbh, without added info on the error received / or got it's hard or next to impossible to say which one has or hasn't been fixed, there's no better developer big or small that does the time and fixes what ever's found and spends the time on the forum replying and listening and adding new stuff as and when required, games very stable, and minor release day problems got sorted quick with most being on the wish list anyway and not game stopping bugs...

so a pat on the back for a great game and even greater support, a beacon to other developers on how it should happen tbh :wink:

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:23 am

Waltero wrote:
Yolo911 wrote:This is the OOB:Pacific Forum.
I get that...oops

the correct one, viewforum.php?f=397

for tech support that is if you have or are having a problem HON related, or use the normal forum there for other comments, latest build is 1.06 with 99% bugs fixed

donger
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by donger » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:14 am

TerribleTy wrote:Who ever was in charge of beta testing should be fired.
Hold on there, there is a lot more to it and I'm saying that as a former professional programmer.
I don't know what it is with people in general, they always seem to act as if bugs are just a lucky roll of dice. Hardware related bugs, bugs in the programming tools that are being used or conflicts with other software, are bugs you can't always avoid, but you can avoid a lot of bugs related to anything else. Lots of bugs often (not always) just means one thing: sloppy programmers. Sorry, but that's just the truth, but mind you, I'm not saying that this is the case with this game. As a programmer you constantly need to be your own beta tester, not at a scale as a true beta tester, but you do need to double check most of your critical steps.
What also increases the chances of getting bugs is just poor planning, communication and organization. Some developers really need to stop coming across as innocent victims of bugs. No, most of them are bugs that THEY created and nobody else. I would never have an attitude as a programmer to come across as "Look at me, I just fixed the bug, aren't you happy?". No, I would feel annoyed that I created the bug in the first place.

Secondly, people also need to stop abusing the true definition of a beta-tester. A beta tester in my eyes is not someone who is just eager to play a game sooner than anyone else and who reports bugs that he finds (almost every beta tester for games nowadays is like that).
No, a true beta tester is trying to rip the software apart, by checking every feature, every setting, by double checking numbers and by doing the most crazy stuff. The mentality of a true beta tester is one that is eager to find bugs and who will try do anything to find them, instead of just using the software, period. Good beta testing should be encouraged, if it's not with a financial reward or a prize, it could be a title, a competitive ranking system, etc.

My opinion? I think this game is a buggier game than Panzer Corps. To be honest, I don't think I've ever seen any serious bug in Panzer Corps and most definitely NEVER freezes, crashes or slow performance that this game seems to suffer from.

All credit to the developers for taking the time to solve them, but when I see another freeze issue pop up again, then I'm seriously asking myself whether the game's foundation was actually good to begin with or that one of the programmers seriously need to improve his quality standards. How could a game like Panzer Corps be so reliable (for me at least) and this game (still) causing too many issues for people?

Anyway, just my 2 cents, I hope that I didn't come across as too harsh, but this is just the way I think about bugs and beta testings for years based on my experience in the field of programming.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”