US Marines Scenarios Bug?

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

richfed
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

US Marines Scenarios Bug?

Post by richfed »

I am sorry. I tried a screen shot, but all I get is a black box.

Anyway, if you look at the list of individual scenarios in the US Marine campaign, there are two that appear in the list that are not part of that campaign. They are German-looking names preceded by a number [7_Name of Scenario]. Clicking on them brings up a blank map in the map box on the right.

I am just wondering if the game would attempt to "play" them if I start a Campaign?

Also wondering if I should just uninstall everything and try again. I just installed a clean version of the latest Windows 10 Creators Update build. Then installed the complete OOB [all DLCs] ... but that is another matter.
richfed

Re: US Marines Scenarios Bug?

Post by richfed »

I still can't manage a screenshot - and maybe it's not German ? - but, in the list of US Marine scenarios, I find:

11_Talihantala & 7_LadogaKarelia41

I am sure they don't belong there!
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

You asked the other day about the #gimmeall cheat code to unlock all unplayed scenarios in a campaign, correct? Apparently when one does this, these two bogus links are brought up as well. They seem to be prototypes of two scenarios from the Winter War campaign, with very brief briefings and quite objective objectives! Somehow they got included in the U.S. Marines campaign content folder in the game download/installation file (see the third screen print). Don't try to play these scenarios; just ignore them.
Screenshot 0.jpg
Screenshot 0.jpg (201.2 KiB) Viewed 1210 times
Screenshot 1.jpg
Screenshot 1.jpg (254.81 KiB) Viewed 1210 times
000859.jpg
000859.jpg (128.51 KiB) Viewed 1210 times
- Bru
richfed

Post by richfed »

Good enough. Thanks, Bru ... Oh, I guess if playing the campaign, the game will ignore those 2. I'll find out soon.

Now, I have to figure out why I can't get an in-game screenshot. I have a key on my keyboard for that - and it works elsewhere - but not in-game.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

richfed wrote:Good enough. Thanks, Bru ... Oh, I guess if playing the campaign, the game will ignore those 2. I'll find out soon.
I am reasonably sure that the campaign ignores those bogus scenarios. From the little bit that I know of campaign design, there is a file that stipulates what scenario will be opened once the last one has been finished (and won). I doubt that the campaign file addresses those bogus scenarios at all.
richfed wrote:Now, I have to figure out why I can't get an in-game screenshot. I have a key on my keyboard for that - and it works elsewhere - but not in-game.
Um, you are hitting the F9 key and not the PRT SCR button on your keyboard, correct? If your speakers are on, you hear a soft "camera shutter click" sound and the screen print is automatically saved in this folder (in Windows):

C:\Users\[your name]\Documents\My Games\Order of Battle - WW2\Screenshots

It saves in both .jpg and .png formats; one of each per screen print. Unless you have a reason not to do so, use the .jpg version because its file size is much smaller than the .png and I never see any difference in image quality between the two files. Not on my laptop screen, at least.
- Bru

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”