all my core units disappeared

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

armonica
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

all my core units disappeared

Post by armonica » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:25 pm

In the "defend Imphal scenario" (Burma campaign) all my core units disappeared.
I saved the game last night and everything was fine, when I loaded the game today they are all gone.

I would like to send the save game file but I cannot find the game folder in the steamapps directory.

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: all my core units disappeared

Post by Erik2 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:19 am

The SaveGames folder is in My Games etc.
Attachments
folders.png
folders.png (7.81 KiB) Viewed 2606 times

armonica

Post by armonica » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:23 am

Thank you Erik, here attached is the save game file.
I already verified the integrity of game files where even after several tries it is still showing that 1 file failed to validate and has to be reacquired.
Attachments
[Burma Road] Auto Save.rar
(32.69 KiB) Downloaded 55 times

armonica

Post by armonica » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:45 am

I even tried to uninstall and reinstall, but it made no difference.

armonica

Post by armonica » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:54 am

here attached is the dxdiag
Attachments
DxDiag.rar
(12.65 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:35 am

Do you still have older saves? Before Imphal? Maybe your core is still there?
Or try the campaignsave?
I am not sure how cores and saves are connected. Maybe you can recover it, maybe the file is gone.
If you look into the game folder, there should be core files there. Try finding your Burma one and upload it. Maybe somebody can recover it, but this is just a slim chance. Older saves from previous battles might be your best bet.

armonica

Post by armonica » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:53 pm

This is the last save with my core units, does that mean that I should restart from there?
Anyway there is still the fact that steam is still requiring 1 file to validate so I suppose this could happens again.
Attachments
[Burma Road] Auto Save (Campaign).rar
(26.63 KiB) Downloaded 58 times

Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:26 pm

Hm, if you want to be extra sure, save your core (export it) after every mission. And save a lot. (I do that, too.)
But you can still restart Imphal from this position with your core intact?

armonica

Post by armonica » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:02 pm

I was hoping that the save files I uploaded could provide a clue on why the core units went missing, and maybe a way to retrieve them without having to restart the scenario.
But at this point I will replay the Imphal mission hoping it wont happens again, still it bugs me that the game on Steam seems to be missing a file (according to the "verify integrity" option).

Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:14 pm

armonica wrote:I was hoping that the save files I uploaded could provide a clue on why the core units went missing, and maybe a way to retrieve them without having to restart the scenario.
But at this point I will replay the Imphal mission hoping it wont happens again, still it bugs me that the game on Steam seems to be missing a file (according to the "verify integrity" option).
Somebody will look into this, but right now, all resources are tied. This is a small team supplying a niche market; a fix might take a while. So the fastest way is just to replay the mission. I hate that, too. But those are the ropes. Sorry.

armonica

Post by armonica » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:23 pm

Ok, thank you.

armonica

Post by armonica » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:44 pm

I restarted Imphal from the last save with my core units, it ran ok for 2 turns, on the 3rd the game froze and my core units where gone again.
I would say that is quite a game stopping bug.
Attached last save file.
Attachments
[Burma Road] Auto Save (Turn End).rar
(29.91 KiB) Downloaded 58 times

Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:06 pm

Okay, I agree, this seems to be a systematic error then. Will forward and look into this.

armonica

Post by armonica » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:19 pm

It's been a couple of weeks and no reply.
I won't be able to buy any more DLC if this isn't fixed, it's a pity, I really like this game.

bru888

Post by bru888 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:44 pm

armonica wrote:It's been a couple of weeks and no reply.
I won't be able to buy any more DLC if this isn't fixed, it's a pity, I really like this game.
The odd thing here is, the scenario starts with 55 land command points. When your turn ended, you had only 9 available, but no core units are on the map and none are in reserve or destroyed:
Screenshot 2.jpg
Screenshot 2.jpg (527.75 KiB) Viewed 2374 times
But if you restart the scenario from your saved file, there they are, I assume, all in reserve and ready for re-deployment:
Screenshot 4.jpg
Screenshot 4.jpg (496.9 KiB) Viewed 2374 times
So, two things: First, it would be helpful to post the output log (C:\Program Files (x86)\Slitherine\Order of Battle - WWII\Order of Battle - WW2_Data\output_log.txt).

Secondly, would you be willing to see if you can restart Imphal from your saved game (Options, Restart Scenario, Yes) and see if you can resume from there instead? Perhaps, if we're lucky, you can go forward with no more issues after having to replay only three turns.

Because the key may be this, from your previous message: "on the 3rd [turn] the game froze . . ." That may mean your computer crashed (or the game, perhaps) and when it did, the file became corrupted. It seems, however, from my test that you may be able to just restart the scenario and go on from there.
- Bru

bru888

Post by bru888 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:18 pm

bru888 wrote:Secondly, would you be willing to see if you can restart Imphal from your saved game (Options, Restart Scenario, Yes) and see if you can resume from there instead? Perhaps, if we're lucky, you can go forward with no more issues after having to replay only three turns.

Because the key may be this, from your previous message: "on the 3rd [turn] the game froze . . ." That may mean your computer crashed (or the game, perhaps) and when it did, the file became corrupted. It seems, however, from my test that you may be able to just restart the scenario and go on from there.
Okay, so, I did as I suggested, restarting the scenario from your saved game. As you can see, I made it to turn 4 with most of your core deployed (I'm having supply problems so I could not deploy any more but the ones that I did deploy performed very well indeed, led by Commander Wingate himself!):
Screenshot 1.jpg
Screenshot 1.jpg (220.56 KiB) Viewed 2372 times
So here is what I am thinking, and this is an UNOFFICIAL, UNEDUCATED GUESS: You may have had a computer freeze which corrupted the file save. However, the file itself can be resurrected and reused by restarting the scenario. I was able to do so in my game installation (version 4.1.7). If you cannot do this, then perhaps your game installation is corrupted. The advice then is to reinstall your game, then go back to your saved game and see if you can restart it the way I did.

If not, then post again and hope for the best. Erik, Andy, and I are just forum moderators. All we can do is to impart the little knowledge that we know and perhaps set the stage for the true experts to analyze the issue and resolve it. If it's feasible and possible to do so, that is.
- Bru

armonica

Post by armonica » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:46 am

I reinstalled the game and restarted the Imphal scenario, on the 2nd turn the game froze again (the pc was still working ok), so I restarted the 2nd turn and after that I had no more problem
and managed to finish the Imphal scenario with all my core units.
One thing I noticed which may or may not be ok is a very high use of the CPU, with peaks of close to 100% and a steady 35% even when idle.
Attachments
output_log.zip
(23.7 KiB) Downloaded 46 times

bru888

Post by bru888 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:18 pm

armonica wrote:I reinstalled the game and restarted the Imphal scenario, on the 2nd turn the game froze again (the pc was still working ok), so I restarted the 2nd turn and after that I had no more problem
and managed to finish the Imphal scenario with all my core units.
One thing I noticed which may or may not be ok is a very high use of the CPU, with peaks of close to 100% and a steady 35% even when idle.
Hot dang! This and something else that just happened have made my day. Well, at least we got you through the scenario OK. The technical stuff about CPU usage peaks I must leave to the experts.
- Bru

DirkW
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by DirkW » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:55 pm

Had the same issues. And again the cpu workload is unexpectedly high on my machine (i 7 and gf 9400).I thing the steam version is corrupt. As often as I prove the file integrity one file is missing.

bru888

Post by bru888 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:04 pm

Try uninstalling and reinstalling your steam version, then restart the scenario that you were on like armonica did. Hopefully you will have similar success. Meanwhile, the developers will notice a thread like this popping up again and they will take a look at the situation, I am sure.
- Bru

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”