Panzerkrieg update problem

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Panzerkrieg update problem

Post by zakblood »

it's being worked on atm, as there was an error in the installer, which isn't a 10 minute job to fix, they thought they had sorted it with the hotfix, but it seems that was only for some, not for everyone so as the office is now closed, they will sort it out once back open on Monday, sorry again for your issues
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

vivman wrote:I know you have given us some workarounds, but you are still striving for a solution for the 64bit standalone are you not. Personally, I don't want to migrate to steam nor do I want to do a completely new 32bit installation with all the attendant reinstallations of the DLC's, mods, scenarios, etc...
Like zakblood told in the previous message, yes we are still working on the 64bit version.
ColonelKurtz
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by ColonelKurtz »

I had a choice of two things this weekend, and the once I chose ended up going nowhere. Very disappointed.

I hope they fix it bloody quickly... :)
goose54

Post by goose54 »

I ordered the disc as well as the download. When I get the disc and install will I have the same issue.
Gunja
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Gunja »

I managed to install Panzerkrieg for the 64bit PC version (not steam) and as far as I know, I didn´t see anyway try this. What I did is actually to follow the instructions of bru, just without deinstalling the 64 bit version. Here is what I did, step by step.

Before I had the latest version of Order of Battle with als DLCs, building up from the Order of Battle Pacific version (so it is in the old folder, in my case C:\Slitherine\Order of Battle Pacific)
I installed the new 64 bit standalone version with 5.2.0. (C:\Programm files\Slitherine\Order of Battle WWII)
I installed the patch 5.2.1.
I installed the Panzerkrieg 5.1.6. exe. I think to remember that I got a success message, but of course the campaign was greyed out in the main menu.
I installed the 32 bit version of patch 5.2.0. to the old version of the game.
If I remember correctly I didn´t not install the Panzerkrieg exe once again, but I am not sure.
Anyway I could now play Panzerkrieg in the 32 bit version as expected, but then I tried out the 64 bit version again and now I could play the Panzerkrieg DLC in it, too

Needless to say, that I discovered this only by accident and that this would be kind of a strange workaround. But anyhow, I thought maybe this information could somehow be useful also for fixing the issue. Maybe it´s just a funny anecdote.

Btw, I also got black icons on the enlarged map (the one you get, when you click on the minimap) like some other people do...

I really like the game, but somehow I have the feeling, that the update process could be somewhat improved... :wink:
Spechtmeise
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Spechtmeise »

Well, it's Monday and hopefully we'll see a solution soon. I don't want to go through multiple installs and re-installs if that is at all possible. Interesting what people did though to be able to play the DLC. Maybe a hint to the developers that interest is high :)
Brenmusik
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Brenmusik »

zakblood_slith wrote:... so as the office is now closed, they will sort it out once back open on Monday, ...
Closed :shock: don't they know there is a war on! :wink:
steevodeevo
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by steevodeevo »

Brenmusik wrote:
zakblood_slith wrote:... so as the office is now closed, they will sort it out once back open on Monday, ...
Closed :shock: don't they know there is a war on! :wink:
LOL :)
robertahyuk
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by robertahyuk »

I think they will get this resolved in the next few days! I just noticed after I updated to 5.2.0 that I had lost two DLC's. One I got back but purchased Rising Sun again and it won't attach to the game. So I think I'll wait till they have a fix before I buy Panzerkrieg. I sure don't want to go through all the installs again either. What was once a great Pacific war game has turned into kind of a monster with all the DLC's that have been added. Some good and some not so good. Hopefully an easy fix for this will come in the next few days. I'll wait till I see Rising Sun back on my screen and go from there.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

nothing been announced as yet, but that's not to say it won't be, so hopefully asap and all will get fixed, would be nice, so please just hold on everyone, as we all are in the same boat atm
robertahyuk

Post by robertahyuk »

I deleted the 5.2.1 hotfix and now the shortcut to the game won't work, so I'm locked out. Any ideas to fix this? Thank you!
robertahyuk

Post by robertahyuk »

I had to completely uninstall the game and reinstall it and the 5.2.0 update, however, like before? I still can't get Rising Sun. Bummer and I sure hope that their fix resolves this as that DLC is one of my favorites.
Another question here: Should I download the 5.2.1 update even though it doesn't work? Would love an answer please.
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

From following what I can of what has been going on here the last couple of days, I would say that your best bet would be to install the 32-bit version of this game and Panzerkrieg until you see some important announcement from the developers about the 64-bit version. As it is, you seem to be banging your head against the wall trying to get the 64-bit version released last Thursday to work and I don't think, from what I read, that you are going to succeed with it.
- Bru
robertahyuk

Post by robertahyuk »

That's exactly what I did but I won't buy Panzerkrieg until I see Rising Sun back on my DLC's. Then I'll buy it.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

I am sorry for the issue and for the delay in fixing this, but this should now be fixed.
Provided you are looking for the 64-bit version and are not running a 32-bit version of Windows, please do the below:

1. Please go to the Documents folder for the game (Default: Documents\My Games\Order of Battle – WW2) and delete the folder called “Settings”.

2. Uninstall the both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the game and then go to the folder where the game was installed and ensure no files/folders remain

3. Download the file attached in this message "OoB_ClRegx64.zip".

4. Unzip the downloaded file and run the extracted file "OoB_ClRegx64.reg".

5. Allow the "program" to delete the Windows registry keys regarding the game.

6. Install 5.2.1 of the game from the link below and reinstall the game:
http://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/OrderOfB ... v5.2.1.zip

7. Reinstall all DLCs

8. Run the game and ensure that all DLCs are showing as unlocked and the game is working.

If you need to download your DLCs you can do it from the member’s area. Please see the forum post below which explains how to do this:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4290024
Attachments
OoB_ClRegx64.zip
(487 Bytes) Downloaded 123 times
kaiser6977
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by kaiser6977 »

What a pain in the ....
Navman2854
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Navman2854 »

Followed all steps for 64bit fix, had an issue with Blitzkrieg ( http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 72&t=80935 ) and US Pacific DLCs (was not seen in Campaigns screen after reinstall) but got past those. However program did lock up PC when it tried the auto-update to v5.2.2, had to reboot to get it unlocked and update to complete. All seems OK now but stay tuned... :?:
Footefanatic
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Footefanatic »

Hi VPaulus

Is the tedious method you shared THE ONLY WAY to get Panzerkrieg running for 64-bit? Or will a simpler fix that will just let us patch over v4.1.7 be coming out soon?? All my DLC installations are not from steam.
jimi3
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by jimi3 »

Ditto that. With every DLC that is a lot of serial numbers to mess with.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

sorry about this and we do understand, but this is only a hotfix and solution for the issue now, and is atm 100% working, that's not to say what the developers can do on a later patch or installer etc, only they can comment on that, but for now for the site version, this is a working solution that does work

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”