Order of Battle Pacific

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Cataphract88
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Order of Battle Pacific

Post by Cataphract88 »

I have followed VPaulus's instructions to the letter, and while this seems to have restored the DLCs I have lost the original game that I purchased. Subsequently split into two parts, neither O.O.B. US Pacific nor Rising Sun are working, and want me to purchase again!

Please help me with this fiasco, or this may be the last O.O.B. (or indeed Slitherine/Matrix game) I ever buy! :evil:
Richard
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Order of Battle Pacific

Post by bru888 »

I think that's what this button is for when you update (click the image - it's on the bottom):
Capture350.jpg
Capture350.jpg (266.34 KiB) Viewed 2484 times
It's for people in your situation who still have a game key from when U.S. Pacific and Rising Sun were one purchase; they are still honoring it.
- Bru
Cataphract88
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Cataphract88 »

Thanks a lot, Bru, that worked fine (can't believe I missed it! :oops: :roll: ). I've lost count of how many times I installed and uninstalled it.
Richard
Aksully
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Aksully »

So what does one do if they didn't see that button when they updated?
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Aksully wrote:So what does one do if they didn't see that button when they updated?
I went to check because it occurred to me that it might appear on one but not the other but the button is on both install and update dialog windows:
Capture369.jpg
Capture369.jpg (446.19 KiB) Viewed 2321 times
Capture370.jpg
Capture370.jpg (417.59 KiB) Viewed 2321 times
Now, maybe you are installing the 32-bit version of the game, which was 2.4.8? They used that as the base installer for a long time. I'm thinking that, when that file was created, the situation that now requires offering a Pacific Serial key entry box did not exist. If that is what you are looking at, then proceed with the installation and look for the Pacific Serial button on the 32-bit 5.2.3 update instead.

By the way, I went through the difference between 64-bit and 32-bit installations with this guy last night. Hopefully he is still sleeping and has not given up. :wink:
- Bru
Aksully

Post by Aksully »

Thanks for posting this! Much appreciated!

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”