Operation Zvezda/Star ends too early

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

CoolDTA
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Operation Zvezda/Star ends too early

Post by CoolDTA » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:03 pm

I think this was discussed elsewhere earlier, but this scenario still ends at turn 11 (of 24) making it pretty much impossible to achieve the secondaries. From what I understand it seems the early end turn should be 16, but it isn't. Such a pity because I otherwise liked the scenario. Please fix.

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Operation Zvezda/Star ends too early

Post by bru888 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:33 pm

You're absolutely right. Thanks for reporting. Here's what's happening:

The "Early Victory" trigger says, on turn 16 or later, if you did all that stuff we asked you to do in your missions, you win!
Screenshot 1.jpg
Screenshot 1.jpg (74.89 KiB) Viewed 876 times
The problem is, all of those primary objectives (the ones that make you win even though you may not have achieved the secondary objectives yet) are all achievable by turn 11:
Screenshot 5.jpg
Screenshot 5.jpg (63.72 KiB) Viewed 876 times
If you held Kupyansk and Izyum as directed, and you are still holding either Kharkov or Merefa, and if on turn 11 this trigger is also satisfied, the scenario is over:
Screenshot 3.jpg
Screenshot 3.jpg (77.94 KiB) Viewed 876 times
That's because either of these "Hold Kharkov" or "Hold Merefa" triggers say so. All primary objectives achieved at this point (turn 11), scenario over:
Screenshot 6.jpg
Screenshot 6.jpg (95.9 KiB) Viewed 876 times
That cannot be what the designer intended, else why provide for an "Early Victory" trigger on or after turn 16?
- Bru

CoolDTA
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by CoolDTA » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:32 pm

Thanks for the thorough explanation! Now the powers that be should have an easy job to fix it. :)

bru888

Post by bru888 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:43 pm

Hopefully it will be, in the next patch. Here's another guy who complained about it:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 74&t=81426
- Bru

Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:18 pm

CoolDTA wrote:I think this was discussed elsewhere earlier, but this scenario still ends at turn 11 (of 24) making it pretty much impossible to achieve the secondaries. From what I understand it seems the early end turn should be 16, but it isn't. Such a pity because I otherwise liked the scenario. Please fix.
Ran into that, too.

13obo
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by 13obo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:51 am

Bru, thank you for looking into this.

From what I understand reading your comments, the scenario ends on turn 11 if you have completed all primary objectives. Two questions I have regarding this:
1. If I want to obtain the secondary objective to destroy 15 tanks, is it viable to intentionally fail one of the primary objectives to defend a flag by X turn? I am asking because these objectives are flagged as "primary", so I would assume they lead to a failed mission if I don't meet them.
2. And indeed if failing them doesn't fail the mission but it continues, would the scenario play out till the last turn or end at turn 16?

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”