OOB Burma Imphal campaign

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

jmiller23
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

OOB Burma Imphal campaign

Post by jmiller23 »

it keeps freezing the AI at the end of turn two. i don't know what could be causing it? I'm playing on level 4. i have restarted 2 times still freezing. have i missed an update? I'm on 5.2.3, 64 bit
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Re: OOB Burma Imphal campaign

Post by GabeKnight »

Is this ongoing with the v.5.2.9 update?
jmiller23
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by jmiller23 »

TY you for the reply i just updated ill give it a try.
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

But please remember to manually "restart" the scenario from the options menu for changes to take effect (or restart using the "campaign" save). Just loading an existing savegame isn't enough!
jmiller23
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by jmiller23 »

it worked i got through it.
jakemon
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by jakemon »

Just for another data point, I encountered an AI freeze on Turn 3 of the Imphal scenario in a Burma Road campaign with v5.2.9 x64 on Win7.

I knew it was a big scenario so I rebooted before launching OOB. The scenario loaded quickly, and the first two turns processed smartly. By turn 3, the AI's flank attacks where revealed, and I was watching her moves intently. The leading units didn't move, the red progress bar went to 100%, and the screen went to "AI Thinking" for 4+ hours. My CPU usage was at 3%, and memory usage was holding flat at 25%- no runaway rise at all.

The Options button allowed me to Exit To Desktop and close OOB. I rebooted, reloaded the Turn End Autosave, and hit Next Turn. This time the AI moved more units, and quickly finished the turn. Weird, but no more weirdness for the rest of the scenario.

To avoid the sudden death victory conditions, I didn't take the secondary objectives until after turn 11. On turn 12, the Japanese second wave began shelling the river line, so I thought the 2nd wave was triggered. I took the objectives on turn 13 and the scenario ended. My forces were intact and across the river north & south, and the foe was showing supply attenuation; so I wasn't overly disappointed.

BTW, Burma Road is a good test campaign to try using Strategic Bombers instead of the crappy Brit Tactical Bombers.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”