Bug Flak 88

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Halvralf
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Bug Flak 88

Post by Halvralf » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:23 pm

Reporting following bug regarding Flak 88 gun. When deploying the gun in Panzerkrieg scenario 5 Voronezh I put it in AA mode as I want to protect my 17cm the first turns. Turn one I move myFlak still in AA mode and I move it with it's carrier close to my 17cm, end of turn. Turn 2 USSR Lagg3 is close fighting my FW190 I need to move the Flak one hex and shoot and I move it...but I can't shoot as the gun is in AT mode. Restarted the turn 5 times and same bug happened every time.

/Cheers Halvralf
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."

mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Bug Flak 88

Post by mboog12 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:38 pm

Hi, thank you for your report.
We'll look into it. It will be much appreciated if you could give us a save file from that moment (or near it).

GabeKnight
Major-General - Elite Tiger I
Major-General - Elite Tiger I

Post by GabeKnight » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:28 pm

No need for a savefile, I've ran into this behaviour very often. This is easily reproducable and occurs as follows: If you bought the 88 as AA-version, the first move after being transported in the carrier will automatically switch this unit to this "default" setting regardless. If bought as AT-version this happens accordingly. See screenshot. In the following moves the settings stay correct. And this behaviour applies to other (probably all) switchable units in transports as well.
FlaK88.jpg
First move after deployment
FlaK88.jpg (300.06 KiB) Viewed 483 times

Halvralf

Post by Halvralf » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:09 pm

Thanks Gabe, it confirms my own suspicions about what caused the bug. This is in my opinion a bug that needs to be fixed as the AA and AT gun is the same.
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”