OOB 6.1.7 Upgrade

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Post Reply
Navman2854
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:09 pm
Location: Wilmington DE USA

OOB 6.1.7 Upgrade

Post by Navman2854 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:36 pm

Just installed the 6.1.7 upgrade and Sandstorm DLC. The upgrade asked for "Disk 2" part way through, might want to advise users that they have to run the "2 File" in the zip to resolve that. Also, the only skin choices shown are 2 desert ones.

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 8007
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: OOB 6.1.7 Upgrade

Post by VPaulus » Wed May 16, 2018 3:55 pm

Nope. You just have to unzip the downloaded file "OoBWWII-MultiSetupRelease-v6.1.7.zip".
After unzipping, you should have two extracted files:
"OoBWWII-MultiSetupRelease-v6.1.7.exe"
"OoBWWII-MultiSetupRelease-v6.1.7.2"

Just have to run "OoBWWII-MultiSetupRelease-v6.1.7.exe".

The issue is that some people don't unzip the files, just run the exe file directly from the unzip program.

Navman2854
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:09 pm
Location: Wilmington DE USA

Re: OOB 6.1.7 Upgrade

Post by Navman2854 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:22 pm

VPaulus wrote:Nope. You just have to unzip the downloaded file "OoBWWII-MultiSetupRelease-v6.1.7.zip".
After unzipping, you should have two extracted files:
"OoBWWII-MultiSetupRelease-v6.1.7.exe"
"OoBWWII-MultiSetupRelease-v6.1.7.2"

Just have to run "OoBWWII-MultiSetupRelease-v6.1.7.exe".

The issue is that some people don't unzip the files, just run the exe file directly from the unzip program.
You are correct, that's exactly what I did :oops: Want to clarify the skin issue. Currently in a Blitzkrieg scen, went to change skin for armor and only see the 2 desert skins I assume are for Sandstorm.

CapDD
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 4:07 pm

Re: OOB 6.1.7 Upgrade

Post by CapDD » Wed May 16, 2018 4:35 pm

Hi,

I play OOB for Mac through Steam. No technical issues to date. After today's update, app won't launch. Both OSx and Steam message that they are unable to open app, with no details. Tried full computer restart, no change. Am in the middle of multiple campaigns so don't want to try reinstallation before exhausting other options.

I really like this game, but my gaming time is extremely limited, so I would appreciate any assistance. Screenshot of error messages attached.

Thanks!
Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 19.05.12.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 19.05.12.png (429.38 KiB) Viewed 1139 times

AceDuceTrey
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: OOB 6.1.7 Upgrade

Post by AceDuceTrey » Thu May 17, 2018 3:36 pm

I too am having trouble downloading Sandstorm. I got the zipped setupRelease-v6.1.7 and unzipped it but when I try to run it it tells me I need v6.1.7 first and it sends me back.

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017
Posts: 15517
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:44 pm

Re: OOB 6.1.7 Upgrade

Post by zakblood » Thu May 17, 2018 3:45 pm

did you unzip it to a desktop folder or to elsewhere eg downloads etc?

you Just have to run "OoBWWII-MultiSetupRelease-v6.1.7.exe from a download folder, not a desktop one, as desktop folders don't always have the same or correct permissions to install or unpack as elsewhere

Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 2426
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:05 am

Re: OOB 6.1.7 Upgrade

Post by Shards » Thu May 17, 2018 4:12 pm

CapDD wrote:Hi,

I play OOB for Mac through Steam. No technical issues to date. After today's update, app won't launch. Both OSx and Steam message that they are unable to open app, with no details. Tried full computer restart, no change. Am in the middle of multiple campaigns so don't want to try reinstallation before exhausting other options.

I really like this game, but my gaming time is extremely limited, so I would appreciate any assistance. Screenshot of error messages attached.

Thanks!
Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 19.05.12.png
Hi,

Sadly, Steam on Mac has found a nasty habit of not updating the names of files in the folders! This leads to this error.

The easiest way to fix is indeed to uninstall/reinstall. That should not affect any of your settings or save games!

Thanks

Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 2426
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:05 am

Re: OOB 6.1.7 Upgrade

Post by Shards » Thu May 17, 2018 4:13 pm

AceDuceTrey wrote:I too am having trouble downloading Sandstorm. I got the zipped setupRelease-v6.1.7 and unzipped it but when I try to run it it tells me I need v6.1.7 first and it sends me back.
hi,

I believe that's the Installer for just Sandstorm, you'll need the patch installer first to update you to 6.1.7. Try clicking the "Check for Update" button on the game launcher to be redirected to the members are with the patch

Thanks

AceDuceTrey
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: OOB 6.1.7 Upgrade

Post by AceDuceTrey » Thu May 17, 2018 6:29 pm

Shards wrote:
AceDuceTrey wrote:I too am having trouble downloading Sandstorm. I got the zipped setupRelease-v6.1.7 and unzipped it but when I try to run it it tells me I need v6.1.7 first and it sends me back.
hi,

I believe that's the Installer for just Sandstorm, you'll need the patch installer first to update you to 6.1.7. Try clicking the "Check for Update" button on the game launcher to be redirected to the members are with the patch

Thanks
I did this but the update does't work. I click on it and it does nothing. When I click multiple times I get the statement: "421 Reach the maximum connection limit, please try again later"

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 6414
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Norway

Re: OOB 6.1.7 Upgrade

Post by Erik2 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:05 pm

VPaulus posted links to the main upgrade here:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=85443

This is the update you need to run before running the Sandstorm package.

msmagnum
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 9:41 pm

Re: OOB 6.1.7 Upgrade

Post by msmagnum » Thu May 17, 2018 8:25 pm

Fighter and strike aircraft graphics messed up. The wings are on top of the canopy. There is a screen shot attached to prove my point. This started when I downloaded Sandstorm. Can you please fix this new issue?
Attachments
20180517004254_1.jpg
20180517004254_1.jpg (724.85 KiB) Viewed 970 times

Post Reply

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”