Please Fix Kriegsmarine: Operation Torch

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Post Reply
hrafnkolbrandr
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:26 pm

Please Fix Kriegsmarine: Operation Torch

Post by hrafnkolbrandr » Thu May 17, 2018 7:46 pm

The date at the campaign screen is incorrect, which makes it so that you can't choose the aircraft carrier specialization.

This makes accomplishing the bonus objective with your French units virtually impossible.

shiroronin
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:27 pm

Re: Please Fix Kriegsmarine: Operation Torch

Post by shiroronin » Sun May 20, 2018 2:13 pm

hrafnkolbrandr wrote:The date at the campaign screen is incorrect, which makes it so that you can't choose the aircraft carrier specialization.

This makes accomplishing the bonus objective with your French units virtually impossible.

Confirmed. NEW PATCH AND STILL this ANNOYING bug

Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 2293
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:05 am

Re: Please Fix Kriegsmarine: Operation Torch

Post by Shards » Mon May 21, 2018 8:51 am

hrafnkolbrandr wrote:The date at the campaign screen is incorrect, which makes it so that you can't choose the aircraft carrier specialization.

This makes accomplishing the bonus objective with your French units virtually impossible.
Thanks for the report, I saw that fixed in the Beta, I'm not sure why it's regressed for release. We'll investigate!

GabeKnight
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Posts: 1141
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Please Fix Kriegsmarine: Operation Torch

Post by GabeKnight » Mon May 21, 2018 3:18 pm

Works okay with me. Maybe the scenario or campaign itself has to be restarted (?)
Screenshot 421.jpg
Screenshot 421.jpg (385.24 KiB) Viewed 652 times

terminator
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Posts: 1420
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: Please Fix Kriegsmarine: Operation Torch

Post by terminator » Mon May 21, 2018 3:58 pm

Flugzeugtrager : date = 1/1942
Scenario date = 8/11/1942
There was a "bug" with the date for the campaign :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=84874
"When a player enters the Specialization screen, the game calendar reflects the date of the previous mission, not the next mission. Some items can no longer be selected- even though their availability date in the specializations.csv file makes them available for the "next" mission."
The precedent mission is in August 1941.
This bug seems to be corrected (@GabeKnight precedent post).

shiroronin
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:27 pm

Re: Please Fix Kriegsmarine: Operation Torch

Post by shiroronin » Mon May 21, 2018 4:26 pm

terminator wrote:Flugzeugtrager : date = 1/1942
Scenario date = 8/11/1942
There was a "bug" with the date for the campaign :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=84874
"When a player enters the Specialization screen, the game calendar reflects the date of the previous mission, not the next mission. Some items can no longer be selected- even though their availability date in the specializations.csv file makes them available for the "next" mission."
The precedent mission is in August 1941.
This bug seems to be corrected (@GabeKnight precedent post).

Must I start over :shock: (fourth time...gosh) ?

Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 2293
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:05 am

Re: Please Fix Kriegsmarine: Operation Torch

Post by Shards » Mon May 21, 2018 4:29 pm

I know that saved games maintain a copy of the scenario "as was". I'm not sure how campaign saves work, whether they keep a copy of the campaign state "as was" or resync with any updates. I'll ask.

GabeKnight
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Posts: 1141
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Please Fix Kriegsmarine: Operation Torch

Post by GabeKnight » Mon May 21, 2018 4:30 pm

shiroronin wrote:Must I start over :shock: (fourth time...gosh) ?
For a f*ing secondary objective that gives you literally no reward. Why?

hrafnkolbrandr
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:26 pm

Re: Please Fix Kriegsmarine: Operation Torch

Post by hrafnkolbrandr » Mon May 21, 2018 4:38 pm

GabeKnight wrote:
shiroronin wrote:Must I start over :shock: (fourth time...gosh) ?
For a f*ing secondary objective that gives you literally no reward. Why?
Might as well ask why play the game at all. For some people, part of enjoying the game is accomplishing all the objectives.

The in-game reward may be meaningless, but I doubt anybody plays these games for the in-game rewards. They play for the 'reward' of being entertained; and as I said, for some that means checking all the objectives green.

GabeKnight
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Posts: 1141
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Please Fix Kriegsmarine: Operation Torch

Post by GabeKnight » Mon May 21, 2018 4:45 pm

hrafnkolbrandr wrote:Might as well ask why play the game at all. For some people, part of enjoying the game is accomplishing all the objectives.

The in-game reward may be meaningless, but I doubt anybody plays these games for the in-game rewards. They play for the 'reward' of being entertained; and as I said, for some that means checking all the objectives green.
Hey, that goes for me, too. I'm always angry and frustrated when the scen triggers don't work right. I also want the scens to work properly.

But would you REALLY RESTART a campaign because of that? This scen is somewhere in the (late) middle of the campaign. But I guess the guy was just wenting some steam.

shiroronin
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:27 pm

Re: Please Fix Kriegsmarine: Operation Torch

Post by shiroronin » Mon May 21, 2018 4:55 pm

hrafnkolbrandr wrote:
GabeKnight wrote:
shiroronin wrote:Must I start over :shock: (fourth time...gosh) ?
For a f*ing secondary objective that gives you literally no reward. Why?
Might as well ask why play the game at all. For some people, part of enjoying the game is accomplishing all the objectives.

The in-game reward may be meaningless, but I doubt anybody plays these games for the in-game rewards. They play for the 'reward' of being entertained; and as I said, for some that means checking all the objectives green.

SO TRUE...101% true !

shiroronin
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:27 pm

Re: Please Fix Kriegsmarine: Operation Torch

Post by shiroronin » Mon May 21, 2018 4:59 pm

GabeKnight wrote:
hrafnkolbrandr wrote:Might as well ask why play the game at all. For some people, part of enjoying the game is accomplishing all the objectives.

The in-game reward may be meaningless, but I doubt anybody plays these games for the in-game rewards. They play for the 'reward' of being entertained; and as I said, for some that means checking all the objectives green.
Hey, that goes for me, too. I'm always angry and frustrated when the scen triggers don't work right. I also want the scens to work properly.

But would you REALLY RESTART a campaign because of that? This scen is somewhere in the (late) middle of the campaign. But I guess the guy was just wenting some steam.

With the Grossadmiral :D difficulty it's really necessary to start over a few times...but NOT because of bugs :idea:

GabeKnight
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Posts: 1141
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Please Fix Kriegsmarine: Operation Torch

Post by GabeKnight » Mon May 21, 2018 5:19 pm

Oh wait, now I remember something. It was similar with changes made in a custom campaign from some other guy:

You actually shouldn't have to restart the whole campaign for "Opearion Torch" to work, BUT you have to load a savegame (e.g. End-Turn save) from the PREVIOUS mission, at least. After that the new campaign file mechanic should re-initialize.

I see no other explanation why it works for me, but not the others at the moment.

shiroronin
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:27 pm

Re: Please Fix Kriegsmarine: Operation Torch

Post by shiroronin » Mon May 21, 2018 5:46 pm

GabeKnight wrote:Oh wait, now I remember something. It was similar with changes made in a custom campaign from some other guy:

You actually shouldn't have to restart the whole campaign for "Opearion Torch" to work, BUT you have to load a savegame (e.g. End-Turn save) from the PREVIOUS mission, at least. After that the new campaign file mechanic should re-initialize.

I see no other explanation why it works for me, but not the others at the moment.
Bright idea will try now...

hrafnkolbrandr
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:26 pm

Re: Please Fix Kriegsmarine: Operation Torch

Post by hrafnkolbrandr » Mon May 21, 2018 5:50 pm

GabeKnight wrote:Oh wait, now I remember something. It was similar with changes made in a custom campaign from some other guy:

You actually shouldn't have to restart the whole campaign for "Opearion Torch" to work, BUT you have to load a savegame (e.g. End-Turn save) from the PREVIOUS mission, at least. After that the new campaign file mechanic should re-initialize.

I see no other explanation why it works for me, but not the others at the moment.
Well I'm boned then, because I tried doing the scenario without the carrier about a dozen times, so my end turn saves are all from that.

Is there any cheat to give myself the specialization?

shiroronin
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:27 pm

Re: Please Fix Kriegsmarine: Operation Torch

Post by shiroronin » Mon May 21, 2018 5:53 pm

shiroronin wrote:
GabeKnight wrote:Oh wait, now I remember something. It was similar with changes made in a custom campaign from some other guy:

You actually shouldn't have to restart the whole campaign for "Opearion Torch" to work, BUT you have to load a savegame (e.g. End-Turn save) from the PREVIOUS mission, at least. After that the new campaign file mechanic should re-initialize.

I see no other explanation why it works for me, but not the others at the moment.
Bright idea will try now...

...ugh I havent got that kind of save. Only those at the beginning of the next "mission" e.g. norway , wolfpack etc.
Will try with the restart :wink:

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 2157
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:39 pm
Location: Long Island

Re: Please Fix Kriegsmarine: Operation Torch

Post by bru888 » Thu May 24, 2018 2:46 pm

Guys, GabeKnight says the following in Tech Support:
GabeKnight wrote:
You can scratch that, it's working alright. Just started a new campaign and nuked my way through.

But it looks like it won't work if you're using an old savegame from previous versions of OoB (http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 72&t=85475)
Do you agree? Is this still an issue or not?
- Bru

shiroronin
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:27 pm

Re: Please Fix Kriegsmarine: Operation Torch

Post by shiroronin » Thu May 24, 2018 4:36 pm

bru888 wrote:Guys, GabeKnight says the following in Tech Support:
GabeKnight wrote:
You can scratch that, it's working alright. Just started a new campaign and nuked my way through.

But it looks like it won't work if you're using an old savegame from previous versions of OoB (http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 72&t=85475)
Do you agree? Is this still an issue or not?

Actually I did restart.
I'm at the E Atlantic scenario (1941 first one) now...will confirm soon

shiroronin
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:27 pm

Re: Please Fix Kriegsmarine: Operation Torch

Post by shiroronin » Fri May 25, 2018 12:00 pm

bru888 wrote:Guys, GabeKnight says the following in Tech Support:
GabeKnight wrote:
You can scratch that, it's working alright. Just started a new campaign and nuked my way through.

But it looks like it won't work if you're using an old savegame from previous versions of OoB (http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 72&t=85475)
Do you agree? Is this still an issue or not?

CONFIRMED (normal way :) ) "TIME BUG" FIXED ! Now we can have Ger carrier (Op Torch) ! Thanks :D

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 2157
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:39 pm
Location: Long Island

Re: Please Fix Kriegsmarine: Operation Torch

Post by bru888 » Fri May 25, 2018 12:47 pm

Thank you. I will edit the Tech Support bug summary thread accordingly.
- Bru

Post Reply

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”