U-Boat Sight By Enemies

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

SimTheSor
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

U-Boat Sight By Enemies

Post by SimTheSor »

Hello fellow strategist,

I'd like to know why those ships don't attack me.
You could say, that they are buissy with the other (non U-Boat) ships, but that is not the case.
I encountered this several times w/ submarines (over surface) and enemies in two hex-field distance (like in the attached picture), when no other ships were around.

Can't they see me even when being over surface?

... (if I add a picture, the status doesn't say anything. I'm pretty sure I attached a picture years ago ... )

add: From the FAQ:

"Why can’t I add attachments?
Attachment permissions are granted on a per forum, per group, or per user basis. The board administrator MAY NOT HAVE ALLOWED (!?) attachments to be added for the specific forum you are posting in, or perhaps only certain groups can post attachments. Contact the board administrator if you are unsure about why you are unable to add attachments."
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: U-Boat Sight By Enemies

Post by bru888 »

SimTheSor wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:04 pm Hello fellow strategist,

I'd like to know why those ships don't attack me.
You could say, that they are buissy with the other (non U-Boat) ships, but that is not the case.
I encountered this several times w/ submarines (over surface) and enemies in two hex-field distance (like in the attached picture), when no other ships were around.

Can't they see me even when being over surface?

... (if I add a picture, the status doesn't say anything. I'm pretty sure I attached a picture years ago ... )

add: From the FAQ:

"Why can’t I add attachments?
Attachment permissions are granted on a per forum, per group, or per user basis. The board administrator MAY NOT HAVE ALLOWED (!?) attachments to be added for the specific forum you are posting in, or perhaps only certain groups can post attachments. Contact the board administrator if you are unsure about why you are unable to add attachments."
Take a look in this thread, particularly about how they changed submarine mechanics: https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 64&t=76808

Regarding picture attachments, they need to be of certain types and below certain file size limits.
- Bru
SimTheSor

Post by SimTheSor »

UBOOT.jpg
UBOOT.jpg (77.62 KiB) Viewed 774 times
Thx Brah

add

From the link given by bru888:
"First off, surfaced submarines are now much harder to spot. Previously, they could be spotted by any surface ship or aircraft as long as they were in visible range. Now, they will only be spotted by adjacent ships: this allows brave submarine captains to take risks and gamble. Surfaced submarines can move at a higher speed to close in on merchant convoys or stalk enemy fleets. On the other hand, while a submerged submarine is slower, it can only be detected by sonar."

Oh if I would have known that before I finished this glorious campaign :cry: :D
bru888

Post by bru888 »

There have been three major changes to this game which are not in the manual:

Order of Battle: the new Specialization System
Order of Battle: the new Import tool
A look at the new features of Order of Battle: Kriegsmarine

They really should think about updating that manual.
- Bru
SimTheSor

Post by SimTheSor »

To update the manual would really be a delight!
Nevertheless OoB is one of my preferred games since years!

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”