Erik's campaigns

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators, Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 7999
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Erik2 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:55 am

Yes, it would be perfect if you took an early-view at the scenarios, added suggestions and Bru wrapped up the campaign in his usual fashion.
If you guys have the time after Free French is published, of course.

ColonelY
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 702
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:46 am

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by ColonelY » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:05 pm

:D 'Sounds like a plan! :wink:

Matto
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:19 pm
Location: Prague

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Matto » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:49 am

Found problem in Desert Rats in first scenario ... there are no deployment points ...

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 7999
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Erik2 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:11 am

Matto wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:49 am
Found problem in Desert Rats in first scenario ... there are no deployment points ...
Fixed, had to add a depoyment phase which should not be neccessary.
Link updated in first post.

CHXII1697
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:42 pm

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by CHXII1697 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:44 pm

I have finished replaying Sealion and have found all the problems I could

Eagle Attack: objective to control channel locations does not trigger, even with ships on all three
Lyme Regis: land units still have no deployment hexes after the Royal Navy is defeated, only on the first turn when there are no command points
Brighton: one of the bridges to be repaired isn't destroyed. the objective triggers fine, but I wasn't sure of this was intentional
Newick: the objective to take Uckfield wasn't revealed until I had already taken it
Reading: The British are an allied faction, there seems to be nobody to fight and the objectives can't trigger at all. Additionally, the river Loddon is mispelled in a secondary objective as London
Cambridge: as the radar station is a primary objective, the mission ends before both bridges are taken. additionally, I can tell secondary objectives are supposed to exist but never come up. even having taken the whole map and completing the two objectives given to me, only a minor victory triggers.
Crossing the Thames: I think this needs more turns since enemy ships need to be cleared before units can cross. additionally, there's not enough supply on the other bank for most units to go over
Coventry: deployment issue fixed, but upper deployment area is in hostile territory and can't be used. I never used it in Panzer Corps anyway, so not a big deal
North Sea: secondary objective gave supply ship, but not the promised KM engineers
Irish Sea: there's not enough airfields for all the air CP. instead of Italian air CP, maybe Italian navy CP would be better as the Italians had ships in this in Panzer Corps. Victory also onlyrequires 5 victory points to be taken, but 6 are on the map
Hadrian's Wall: a couple universal carriers are still on wall terrain and can do nothing but be bombed
Antonine Wall: some supply behind the wall for the naval landing units to take/use would make them more effective
Scapa Flow: victory triggers with only 1 primary VP taken out of 7

Campaign overall: 2 of the naval commanders are assigned to the Wehrmacht, not the Kriegsmarine and can't be assigned to ships. the 1942 specializations, including carriers, are on screen but can't be bought before the final mission. don't know if you could lower the requirement date on those.
You fixed a lot of things but a couple slipped through and a few new ones were born. Hope this helps, look forward to more work

WarHomer
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:12 pm

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by WarHomer » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:34 am

Desert Rats

Commander for destroying 10 tankettes in mission 3 isn´t rewarded.

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 7999
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Norway

Sea Lion 5.1

Post by Erik2 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:23 am

CHXII1697 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:44 pm
I have finished replaying Sealion and have found all the problems I could

Eagle Attack: objective to control channel locations does not trigger, even with ships on all three
Lyme Regis: land units still have no deployment hexes after the Royal Navy is defeated, only on the first turn when there are no command points
Brighton: one of the bridges to be repaired isn't destroyed. the objective triggers fine, but I wasn't sure of this was intentional
Newick: the objective to take Uckfield wasn't revealed until I had already taken it
Reading: The British are an allied faction, there seems to be nobody to fight and the objectives can't trigger at all. Additionally, the river Loddon is mispelled in a secondary objective as London
Cambridge: as the radar station is a primary objective, the mission ends before both bridges are taken. additionally, I can tell secondary objectives are supposed to exist but never come up. even having taken the whole map and completing the two objectives given to me, only a minor victory triggers.
Crossing the Thames: I think this needs more turns since enemy ships need to be cleared before units can cross. additionally, there's not enough supply on the other bank for most units to go over
Coventry: deployment issue fixed, but upper deployment area is in hostile territory and can't be used. I never used it in Panzer Corps anyway, so not a big deal
North Sea: secondary objective gave supply ship, but not the promised KM engineers
Irish Sea: there's not enough airfields for all the air CP. instead of Italian air CP, maybe Italian navy CP would be better as the Italians had ships in this in Panzer Corps. Victory also onlyrequires 5 victory points to be taken, but 6 are on the map
Hadrian's Wall: a couple universal carriers are still on wall terrain and can do nothing but be bombed
Antonine Wall: some supply behind the wall for the naval landing units to take/use would make them more effective
Scapa Flow: victory triggers with only 1 primary VP taken out of 7

Campaign overall: 2 of the naval commanders are assigned to the Wehrmacht, not the Kriegsmarine and can't be assigned to ships. the 1942 specializations, including carriers, are on screen but can't be bought before the final mission. don't know if you could lower the requirement date on those.
You fixed a lot of things but a couple slipped through and a few new ones were born. Hope this helps, look forward to more work
Fixed
Link updated in first post.

GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn
Posts: 3279
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Sea Lion

Post by GabeKnight » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:47 am

Erik2 wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:23 am
CHXII1697 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:44 pm
I have finished replaying Sealion and have found all the problems I could

Eagle Attack: objective to control channel locations does not trigger, even with ships on all three
[...]
Fixed
Link updated in first post.
Erik, I've noticed some of the (objective's) triggers to be basically set up alright but have the "wrong" trigger EVENT chosen, and thus won't ever activate during usual play.
For example:

1Eagle: - the trigger event for "prim. objectives/channel" has to be changed from captureVP to something else, e.g. combat event or turn start.
9Newick: - logic error: the second prim. obj. will never pop up, as the only VP that would activate the "captureVP" event may never be lost to the enemy. I'd suggest either using a specific turn, a supply connection out of the pocket or checking for enemy units destroyed to activate the objective.

(Those are my notes from the previous version of SeaLion; perhaps you've already noticed and fixed them)

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 7999
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Erik2 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:25 am

Iffy trigger conditions were fixed wherever I found them.

Steenv
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:52 am

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Steenv » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:04 pm

Hi man

Thx for the good stuff. Its much appreciate. Does "US Naval Campaign 1941-46" still exist somewhere?

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 7999
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Erik2 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:55 pm

Steenv wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:04 pm
Hi man

Thx for the good stuff. Its much appreciate. Does "US Naval Campaign 1941-46" still exist somewhere?
The original is still available in the first post. It will be replaced at some point with the version below.

I recommend testing the new version available in the first post in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=264&t=102854

Steenv
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:52 am

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Steenv » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:23 am

Thx for the reply, I just get "This item was deleted".

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 7999
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Erik2 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:25 am

Steenv wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:23 am
Thx for the reply, I just get "This item was deleted".
Aha, so I already removed the old version.
Will update links.

WarHomer
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:12 pm

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by WarHomer » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:57 am

Desert Rats:

Mission 13. Enemy fighters never moved and in the end just dropped out of the sky when their fuel ran out.

Also the ekstra link-up objective after taking the 3 major objectives didn´t trigger eventhough link was established.

terminator
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger
Posts: 4363
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm
Location: the loveliest country in the world

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by terminator » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:43 pm

Raid on Fort Capuzzo

During the encounter the 11th Hussars captured Generale di Corpo Lastruccie, Engineer-in-Chief of the Italian 10th Army, along with his Lancia staff car, his staff officer, 2 lady friends ( :shock: ) and very importantly maps showing the Bardia defences, so when on the 13th September the 10th Italian Army, finally lumbered into action General O'Connor was well briefed .

Post Reply

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”