Elijah's MP Scenarios

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

elijahkellogg
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Elijah's MP Scenarios

Post by elijahkellogg » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:19 pm

Making my own balanced/competitive MP scenarios for Order of Battle! First one is called "Crossroads in Burma", which is a 1v1 between IJA and British 14th Army. Well designed and play tested for balance. Hit me up and lets play! And if you download the scenario and play with a friend, then let me know how it goes below!

Download the scenario here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hwy8auz8xw5y ... QeMca?dl=0 <= NEW LINK!
My OoB Name: ElijahKellogg
preview.png
preview.png (410.72 KiB) Viewed 2316 times
Crossroads in Burma.png
Crossroads in Burma.png (1.58 MiB) Viewed 2316 times
Last edited by elijahkellogg on Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Elijah's MP Scenarios

Post by bru888 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:07 pm

This is cool. We need more of this here.
- Bru

elijahkellogg

Post by elijahkellogg » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:58 am

bru888 wrote:This is cool. We need more of this here.
Thanks Bru! I realize OoB is typically suited for the war-historian-gamer more than the turn-based-strategy-gamer, but since I've started playing Multiplayer, I'm finding that many players enjoy both and are looking to play both styles. While we have lots of historical gaming options, thanks to you and Erik, I figured I could at least provide one or two balanced/competitive PvP match-maps that still feel historical and have lots of replay value and strategic options. I've got the map posted in the lobby, waiting for a player! If you download the file and join me to give it a go, I'd be much obliged!

Erik2

Post by Erik2 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:02 am

If you put the 'proper' link without the (DOT)s inside the URL brackets it will be easier for players to download your scenario.
I've never had any problems with the myriad of links I've posted here the last two years :D

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/46z6p2hp04iy ... -15La?dl=0

I think you need to zip the scenario folder without renaming it.
The NEW txt creates an issue preventing me from picking up your challenge. Also tried removing NEW.
My downloaded version does not match you challenge version.

adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:16 pm

I think there may be a restriction for new forum users posting links. I've edited Elijah's post to replace the (DOT)s

elijahkellogg

Post by elijahkellogg » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:07 pm

Hey Erik and all!

Yeah, I couldn't post a direct link because "I'm new." haha. Thanks for letting me know about the issue with the game file. I've changed the name and maybe that will work now. I don't know why, but when I try to host a game, regardless of what I named the file, it always comes up as just "Crossroads in Burma", so I changed the file name to just that. Hopefully that works.

Here's the link to the new file: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hwy8auz8xw5y ... QeMca?dl=0

Erik2

Post by Erik2 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:54 pm

It is best to zip the specific scenario folder, not just the content of the folder. I think the MP-server looks at the folder name.
Probably best to remove the current challenge and post a new one to make sure everything is in sync.

elijahkellogg

Post by elijahkellogg » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:08 pm

Erik wrote:It is best to zip the specific scenario folder, not just the content of the folder. I think the MP-server looks at the folder name.
Probably best to remove the current challenge and post a new one to make sure everything is in sync.
I have posted a new challenge with everything all sync'd up. Maybe it should work now?

Yolo911
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Yolo911 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:24 am

Elijah-

I accepted your challenge. I am assuming you are not a "gamey" type of player that I run into frequently.

I play like the real thing and don't try to figure out a way to screw my opponent.

Larry

elijahkellogg

Post by elijahkellogg » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:44 am

Yolo911 wrote:Elijah-

I accepted your challenge. I am assuming you are not a "gamey" type of player that I run into frequently.

I play like the real thing and don't try to figure out a way to screw my opponent.

Larry
Hey Larry! Thanks for joining me! As you'll see, the map and scenario lend itself to balance and realism. It would be very difficult to screw each other without putting ourselves in really bad formation and stretching thin. haha. I did make the map, so I may have some advantage, but nothing you probably can't decipher yourself rather quickly. For one thing, you start with some solid units, but not enough resources to field them all. Capturing auxiliary towns and airfields will be essential and keeps the force growth and movement pace steady, and not too fast. Money flows decently, but only enough to make repairs, replenish the line and purchase typical reinforcement units. Let's just say neither of us are going to be swimming in tanks. haha. It's not perfect--I already see a few changes I would make--but I hope this scenario is a great start to scratching a prevailing itch in the genre. BTW- I used to live in California. Been to Sacramento a few times but never up to Woodland. I now live in Northern Thailand. Trying to get the tabletop wargaming scene going here! haha.

I'll post another challenge for anybody else who'd like to try it out with us!

Yolo911

Post by Yolo911 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:06 am

Elijah,

Nice to meet you. I seem to be playing catchup. I have checked for email notification that you completed your turn. I never got an email. And I just saw your post. I found out the hard way about not enough supply for all the starting units.

Here is my email. Let me know when you finish your turn.

Yolo911@gmail.com

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”