Erik's campaigns & mods

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

matthew2582
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Germany West 1939-1940 - Why doesn't Bilzen provide supply

Post by matthew2582 »

bru888 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:15 pm
matthew2582 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:56 pm Eben scenario - Capture Bilzen is an objective

Still learning OoB after more than 100 hours :-) but I don't understand this - I captured Bilzen and it shows a Red 0 and +50 in Supply Mode display

Why can I not deploy reserve units there - I assume it is because of the Red 0 but why is Bilzen not providing Supply - it is a town and it is an objective

Thank you again
Erik placed 25 supply in Bilzen. What you are not realizing is that it takes three turns for a captured VP to become usable in terms of supply and deployment.

See here how I "liberated" Bilzen; the town is now German but the flag is low on the pole. That means it is providing no supply and cannot be used for deployment:

Screenshot 4.jpg
Screenshot 5.jpg

Three turns later, however, the flag is fully raised, supply is flowing, and I am able to deploy a unit nearby:

Screenshot 6.jpg
Screenshot 7.jpg
Thank you very much for your help
Regards
Matthew
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: GerWest44 - can not import core from West41-43

Post by Erik2 »

tula1959 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:43 pm Erik, Still NOT getting a prompt at the start of West44 for core import.... Renamed the 41-43 core export file "Germany West 1941-43" as indicated but still no joy.... Here is a shot of the export at the end of 41-43 showing the proper name and save.... The only thing I can think of is that I played 41-43 with v1.6 when the campaign folder was named "Germany West 41-43" (as shown under 'campaign' in the shot) and did the original export as "Germany West 41-43" within that framework - I later renamed the file in the main core folder to "Germany West 1941-43" ?????? Could that cause incompatibility????? Any further thoughts?????
My guess is that the different campaign naming-versions may cause the issue. It looks like the old campaign-name may be embedded in the core file and renaming the file itself is not enough.
I'm sorry, but I have no sokution to this.
There was another user a few posts back that edited the campaign (core/import name probably) he was starting next. He was able to continue with the core if I remember correctly.
tula1959
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: GerWest44 - can not import core from West41-43

Post by tula1959 »

Erik, Ok I admit defeat on this issue, which goes against my pitbull nature about these things LOL.... Please note that I went in to the campaign editor and had a look see at the core import set in Germany West 44 and here is what it shows... and this is from v1.0 which is the latest available on page 1 (is v1.0 indeed the latest???) As you can see it is NOT the same as the shot you posted yesterday of a core import set - this one shows
"Germany West 41-43" without the "19" and also includes a further core of "Germany East 43-44".... So in theory my original export from West41-43 from v1.6 where the campaign folder was "Germany West 41-43" AND my export was named the same SHOULD have worked without any issue.... What in the world could be going on here????? I put it to our forum members here and now - Has anyone been able to import their core from West 41-43 to West 44?????? I can not be the first to try???? With that said I will press on in to 44 without my core and start from scratch!!!!
Screenshot (29).jpg
Screenshot (29).jpg (329.62 KiB) Viewed 3298 times
Erik2

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Erik2 »

tula

The Ger West 44 version(s) are odd. Anyway, I have uploaded my version and renamed it 1.1.
DaveCA1978
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by DaveCA1978 »

Hi Erik, thank you very much for your great work on these.

I am playing the U.S. Corps 1942-43 campaign (version 1.2), and I am not sure what is happening with the Tebourba scenario. From what I've read elsewhere, there should be a change of objectives after the German counterattack happens, where the only goal is to hold the line at Medjez. However, I never saw this in my game--I managed to keep Medjez at the end but still got a fail notice saying I needed three objectives. Did I miss something?
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

DaveCA1978 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:39 am Hi Erik, thank you very much for your great work on these.

I am playing the U.S. Corps 1942-43 campaign (version 1.2), and I am not sure what is happening with the Tebourba scenario. From what I've read elsewhere, there should be a change of objectives after the German counterattack happens, where the only goal is to hold the line at Medjez. However, I never saw this in my game--I managed to keep Medjez at the end but still got a fail notice saying I needed three objectives. Did I miss something?
There are no changes to the objectives in this scenario.
You need to control 3 pri objs at the end of the scenario.
jeffoot77
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by jeffoot77 »

Hello Erik,

great thanks for your campaigns, very interesting and very well made !

i m playing Desert rats and the two first scenarios are very fun to play.

I just finished the third and great work too but very difficult to finish in time: the first try , i was thinking : " only one objectif to take" but when the scenario told me that i had to conquer two more cities, i was already on turn 28-30 ! so i suggest you to warn the player that there are 3 cities to capture at the beginning ! you should inform the player that there are not enemy air fighters too! my spitfire and hurricane wre useless...
And even after 3 tries, i didn't make it in less then 30 turns. i changed my useless fighters for bombers but the scenario need at least 35 turns or is it just rushing ? i got less fun because the scenario is just a rush with a very little choice of units.. no slow mathilda for example...

grettings,
jeff
my custom mini-campaign in order of battle :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302

Panzer corps mods archive : http://jeffoot.freeboxos.fr:41226/share/KmCyju7JFZX6dD2B/
matthew2582

Post by matthew2582 »

jeffoot77 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:45 pm Hello Erik,

I just finished the third and great work too but very difficult to finish in time: the first try , i was thinking : " only one objectif to take" but when the scenario told me that i had to conquer two more cities, i was already on turn 28-30 ! so i suggest you to warn the player that there are 3 cities to capture at the beginning ! you should inform the player that there are not enemy air fighters too! my spitfire and hurricane wre useless...
And even after 3 tries, i didn't make it in less then 30 turns. i changed my useless fighters for bombers but the scenario need at least 35 turns or is it just rushing ? i got less fun because the scenario is just a rush with a very little choice of units.. no slow mathilda for example...

grettings,
jeff
Sometimes you just have to #overtime 10 :-)
Regards
Matthew
matthew2582

Post by matthew2582 »

jeffoot77 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:45 pm Hello Erik,

grettings,
jeff
Sometimes you just have to #overtime 10 :-)
Regards
Matthew
jeffoot77

Post by jeffoot77 »

yes I like to take all my time and i overtime +5 turns if i need it... that's nonsense to always rush the objectives...
my custom mini-campaign in order of battle :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302

Panzer corps mods archive : http://jeffoot.freeboxos.fr:41226/share/KmCyju7JFZX6dD2B/
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Some scenarios need to go all turns due to one or more objectives.
So the designer may try to limit the number of turns to avoid boring the player...
This of course may lead to too few turns for other players.

If I get reports on specific scenarios I will gladly change the number of turns either way.
But as you guys have discovered, a little 'cheating' goes a long way :D
wrongplanet67
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Germany West 1939-40 1.7 zip not extracting

Post by wrongplanet67 »

I cannot unzip Germany West 1939-40_1.7.zip.
I re-downloaded to no avail. No problem with extracting the other campaign zip files.

EDIT: the unzip failed under Mac OS, I managed to unzip under Windows. Strange. Starting to play now. :D
Bobster66

Post by Bobster66 »

Here are my notes from playing US Corp 42-43.

First thing to note, the Specialization Menu is not readily accessible. We can go to it right after completing a scenario and spend our points, but for instance, if we make a save and come back later to play the next scenario then it is not accessible.

Achnacarry - Typo - On the second page of the Briefing, there appears to be a formatting command visible - "</p>"

Casablanca - OK
Djebel - OK

Tebourba - Had to cheat a bit on this one. Several attempts proved I was incapable of surviving the overwhelming counterattack, so I isolated Medjez el Bab but didn't capture it until the last turn. Not sure what else can be done against the superior Axis forces.

Spring Wind - After an initial Major Defeat, I managed to improve to a Minor Defeat. I was starting to push back and maybe a few more turns could have done it? In any case, after the Minor Defeat we are required to replay the scenario, the problem is that I now have fewer RPs and more units that need replacements than I did on the first go. It didn't seem to be feasible so I dropped this scenario and went back to chose Morning Air.

Morning Air - No problems, a much better option for the player than Spring Wind.

Kasserine - Was having some issues with a possible bug. After 5 German units move on the first turn the game would be stuck Thinking. With Erik's US Naval campaign the longest I had to wait was about 30 minutes but with this scenario I once let it go 40 minutes without any additional actions occurring. Had to keep restarting because only about one in four attempts would work without the bug occurring, and of course the frustrating thing was I did have to replay it a few times to get a win. :oops: No problems after the first turn.

Kasserine and El Guettar - In Kasserine we have auxiliary heavy artillery placed on rough terrain. I assumed this was intentional to leave them as sitting ducks for the Axis since they are stuck in their transports. However, In El Guettar there are Italian artillery units also placed on rough terrain. Now I think it's an error because it's hard to believe Erik would ever intentionally make something easy for us. :lol:

Hills - OK
Enfidaville - OK
Mateur- OK

Bizarte - Insufficient Air Supply to deploy all available CPs.

Often frustrating but, aside from the possible Kasserine bug, very few issues with these scenarios. Thanks again for your efforts Erik!
Erik2

US Corps 1942-43 1.3

Post by Erik2 »

US Corps 1942-43 1.3
Link updated in first post.
Thanks for reporting.

Campaign:
The spec issue is with the campaign editor. I fixed it by changing the starting date from 1940 to 1939...

Achnacarry:
Fixed briefing

Tebourba:
Halved Axis resource income
Added a few more turns
Added one more US aux carrier fighter

Spring Wind:
Added more turns
Added more US reinforcement land and air command points
Added bonus US resources and slightly higher income

Kasserine:
Fixed slow AI first turn (changing a couple of team’s local defense orders to search & destroy). The AI turn still takes 7-8 mins, but at least there’s some action all the way.
A couple of AI units were spawning into exit locations – fixed
Fixed a couple of pri and sec objs
Relocated US art in transports to better terrain

El Guettar:
Relocated Ital art in transports to better terrain

Bizerte:
Added US off-map air supply and map exit/deploy
rafdobrowolski
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by rafdobrowolski »

Found a potential problem: Playing the Germany East 1941 campaign, and in the scenario "Zhurivka," a prompt at the deployment phase asks if I want to transfer resource and command points to the SS faction. I click yes, and then nothing happens. I cannot deploy any SS troops, since there are 0 command points.
Erik2

Germany East 1941-42 2.9

Post by Erik2 »

rafdobrowolski wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:59 pm Found a potential problem: Playing the Germany East 1941 campaign, and in the scenario "Zhurivka," a prompt at the deployment phase asks if I want to transfer resource and command points to the SS faction. I click yes, and then nothing happens. I cannot deploy any SS troops, since there are 0 command points.
Thanks for reporting.
Fixed.
Erik2

Germany West 1939-40 1.8

Post by Erik2 »

Germany West 1939-40 1.8

Lots of stuff fixed/changed after Bru's CSI sweep.
matthew2582

Path Error after installing v1.8 Germany West 1939-40

Post by matthew2582 »

1. I had Germany West 39-40 loaded in its own folder - C:\Users\devel\Documents\My Games\Order of Battle - WW2\Campaigns\Germany West 39-40

2. I then installed the new v1.8 Germany West 1939-40 in its own folder - C:\Users\devel\Documents\My Games\Order of Battle - WW2\Campaigns\Germany West 1939-40

3. I then loaded the new v1.8 Germany West 1939-40 in OOB, selected that campaign through the OOB Custom Content function - and everything worked perfectly
with all of the previous saves playing/loading

4. I then deleted the older Germany West 39-40, again, through OOB Custom Content-> Delete function

5. Now I get the error shown in the screenshot - 'could not find part of the path C:\Users\devel\Documents\My Games\Order of Battle - WW2\Campaigns\Germany West 39-40\campaign.cmz

So - I can fix this by copying the old C:\Users\devel\Documents\My Games\Order of Battle - WW2\Campaigns\Germany West 39-40 folder back into
C:\Users\devel\Documents\My Games\Order of Battle - WW2\Campaigns\Germany West 39-40

So what is the correct method of preventing this error by having it look at the new path campaign.cmz - i.e. C:\Users\devel\Documents\My Games\Order of Battle - WW2\Campaigns\Germany West 1939-40\campaign.cmz
Attachments
2019-12-11 16_58_55-Order of Battle - WWII.jpg
2019-12-11 16_58_55-Order of Battle - WWII.jpg (18.79 KiB) Viewed 2512 times
Regards
Matthew
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Re: Path Error after installing v1.8 Germany West 1939-40

Post by GabeKnight »

matthew2582 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:04 pm So what is the correct method of preventing this error by having it look at the new path campaign.cmz - i.e. C:\Users\devel\Documents\My Games\Order of Battle - WW2\Campaigns\Germany West 1939-40\campaign.cmz
If you want to continue the campaign using your old savegames, you can not create a new folder, but have to overwrite the old one.
matthew2582

Re: Path Error after installing v1.8 Germany West 1939-40

Post by matthew2582 »

GabeKnight wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:44 am
matthew2582 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:04 pm So what is the correct method of preventing this error by having it look at the new path campaign.cmz - i.e. C:\Users\devel\Documents\My Games\Order of Battle - WW2\Campaigns\Germany West 1939-40\campaign.cmz
If you want to continue the campaign using your old savegames, you can not create a new folder, but have to overwrite the old one.
Oh ok thanks - I will do that - appreciate your advice
Regards
Matthew

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”