Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Erik2 »

Fixed Desert link.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

Erik2 wrote: There are other players who have managed to win Border Raid (I did...). The key is to set up your units so that no trucks slip through to the exit locations.
It is difficult, so I may rebalance this scenario by removing an exit or two or add one more British raiding unit.
That's not what he meant, Erik, it's the prim. objective not triggering "complete" even if no truck escaped the map (see here)
Erik2 wrote:I don't know how you managed to lose Albert in 2 turns.
I just played the first 4 turns of the scenario from the editor without losing.
I'll take a look at that, too, if you don't mind (the downloadable extra file "14Albert" you posted a few days ago)
McLeoudX
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by McLeoudX »

Erik2 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:40 am I don't know how you managed to lose Albert in 2 turns.
I don't understand this two! I have played it a few days ago, and it worked correct (always draw). Than I implemented the new files that you have delivered and *BäM* (Baem), since than is always after one (!!!) or two rounds finito (game over). Than I removed the new files and replaced it with the older, but the problem stays.

There are other players who have managed to win Border Raid (I did...). The key is to set up your units so that no trucks slip through to the exit locations.
I have done this, I have placed my units under the exit symbols, and it worked, no truck escaped. But the result was a draw and my boss was very upset! In one try I killed all trucks (I think so, because no one came anymore), but left the reconnaisance car alive and *baem* , "draw" and my boss was angry again ...
It is difficult, so I may rebalance this scenario by removing an exit or two or add one more British raiding unit.
One of my units is a relative useless universal carrier, the only thing he could attack, is the supply tent, but then he is missing at the the exit points.
Edit: Attached new slightly easier Border scenario
super
Edit2: Hm, looks like I can no longer attach zipped files. Tried both methods.
Anyway, the campaign file has been updated (same version).
OK, thanks for your work!
There can only be one :)
McLeoudX
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by McLeoudX »

GabeKnight wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:34 am
Erik2 wrote: There are other players who have managed to win Border Raid (I did...). The key is to set up your units so that no trucks slip through to the exit locations.
That's not what he meant, Erik, it's the prim. objective not triggering "complete" even if no truck escaped the map (see here)
Correct!
Erik2 wrote:I don't know how you managed to lose Albert in 2 turns.
I'll take a look at that, too, if you don't mind (the downloadable extra file "14Albert" you posted a few days ago)
have fun :)
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Yepp, defeat on the next turn start, some victory trigger must me screwed.

Screenshot 586.jpg
Screenshot 586.jpg (480.7 KiB) Viewed 3927 times

Let me take a look...
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Don't know if you're aware and/or intended, but after taking Hasselt on the very first turn (which was rather easy) the Allies are heavily undersupplied (-60! => -30% efficiency)

Okay, I've corrected the trigger settings, the scen should work now. With my fixes, there's some "exploit" possible with the sec.obj. "do not lose Luftwaffe units": the kill&casualy trigger I've used does not account for self-sustained destruction, like running out of fuel and crashing :wink:

Playtested it right now, as far as I could see, all win/fail triggers worked. I just love the GGC :D

Erik, I've only corrected the triggers of the objectives to work, nothing else; the supply situation is for you to decide. I've attached the scen, please feel free to use it as it is in the GCC or just as template.
Attachments
14Albert.rar
(470.37 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
SirAllan
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by SirAllan »

Erik2 wrote: ↑06 Jul 2018 08:40
I don't know how you managed to lose Albert in 2 turns.
I don't understand this two! I have played it a few days ago, and it worked correct (always draw). Than I implemented the new files that you have delivered and *BäM* (Baem), since than is always after one (!!!) or two rounds finito (game over). Than I removed the new files and replaced it with the older, but the problem stays.

There are other players who have managed to win Border Raid (I did...). The key is to set up your units so that no trucks slip through to the exit locations.
I have done this, I have placed my units under the exit symbols, and it worked, no truck escaped. But the result was a draw and my boss was very upset! In one try I killed all trucks (I think so, because no one came anymore), but left the reconnaisance car alive and *baem* , "draw" and my boss was angry again ...
One of my units is a relative useless universal carrier, the only thing he could attack, is the supply tent, but then he is missing at the the exit points.
Edit: Attached new slightly easier Border scenario
super
Edit2: Hm, looks like I can no longer attach zipped files. Tried both methods.
Anyway, the campaign file has been updated (same version).
I can confirm this - no matter what I do it ends with a draw - I could be more fun if the brencarrier was a heavy machinegun unit inside the brencarrier :idea:
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

Gabe, thanks for the fix, I 'borrowed' your attachment.
I have also moved the bulk of the Allied supply to Antwerp.

Link updated to v2.9
Johann III
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Johann III »

Hi and first thanks for all these campaigns. I use OoB just for a few days and I'm not sure about two things.

1. Are your scenarios following each other, regardless of outcome, or are there any branches inbetween (like in Panzer General)? (Does OoB allow branching?)

2. I'm not very good at these games (although I still enjoy them) and when I played the Lodz scenario a few days ago, I basically lost all of my troops in the end. Before, I managed to fulfill some objectives, though. I was still wondering why I did get a draw instead of a loss, because I don't think I fulfilled the main objective.
McLeoudX
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by McLeoudX »

Johann III wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:28 pm Hi and first thanks for all these campaigns. I use OoB just for a few days and I'm not sure about two things.

1. Are your scenarios following each other, regardless of outcome, or are there any branches inbetween (like in Panzer General)? (Does OoB allow branching?)
I don't know what you mean, but the outcome decides about the fothgoing of the campaign!
In most cases a defeat will end it!
2. I'm not very good at these games (although I still enjoy them) and when I played the Lodz scenario a few days ago, I basically lost all of my troops in the end. Before, I managed to fulfill some objectives, though. I was still wondering why I did get a draw instead of a loss, because I don't think I fulfilled the main objective.
And this game is easy to learn, but hard to play :) Especially the energy of a unit is very critical! you should always try to let them make a pause (if possible)!
Johann III

Post by Johann III »

McLeoudX wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:27 pm I don't know what you mean, but the outcome decides about the fothgoing of the campaign!
What I meant was if at some points in Eric's campaigns (esp. the German Grand Campaign) one can choose the scenario to continue with, based on outcome. For example, a major victory allows me to play another scenario next, whereas with a minor victory I don't get this choice.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Most of hte campaigns are linear.
The German Grand has a few branching points. One branch leading to the Sea Lion campaign, other branches may give you the opportunity to play one of several Norway variant scenarios or Crete variants.
I usually set up the campaigns to allow the player to move on to the next scenario uless getting a minor or major defeat which will end the campaign.
But I am wondering if it would be better to allow the player to replay a lost scenario? This would avoid the hassle of adding manual saves to retry a lost scenario.
Johann III

Post by Johann III »

Erik2 wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:22 am move on to the next scenario uless getting a minor or major defeat which will end the campaign.
Thanks for the explanation. When I played the Lodz scenario, I was a bit surprised that I did not get a defeat. I had fulfilled some goals, but my troops were basically destroyed in the end, still the game ended with a draw. I thought I should have gotten a defeat. Is this intended?
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

The game mechanics determine wether its a major/minor victory/defeat or a draw.
It depends on fulfilling primary/secondary objectives.
The designer decides what happens next in a campaign after a specific outcome.
Johann III

Post by Johann III »

Erik2 wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:46 pm The game mechanics determine wether its a major/minor victory/defeat or a draw.
It depends on fulfilling primary/secondary objectives.
In my Lodz play, I think I achieved only 1 out of 5 primary goals, and a few secondary goals -- could this still lead to a Draw? I was assuming that it should give me a defeat...
Navman2854
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Navman2854 »

Erik2 wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:29 am Gabe, thanks for the fix, I 'borrowed' your attachment.

Link updated to v2.9
Thanks Eric, finally got past Albert with v2.9 fix!! :D
Navman2854

Post by Navman2854 »

Navman2854 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:58 pm
Erik2 wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:29 am Gabe, thanks for the fix, I 'borrowed' your attachment.

Link updated to v2.9
Thanks Eric, finally got past Albert with v2.9 fix!! :D
Gabe, thanks also!! Wanted to add this earlier but been having all kinds of forum login issues lately :roll:
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

My pleasure. Anything for the GGC... :wink:
McLeoudX
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Question to US Naval Campaign

Post by McLeoudX »

I have perhaps catched one of this hypothetical scenarios After Wake Island (I have pulverized all enemy Ships, the airplanes and two anti air canons on the Island and still get a "draw"! (lol)).
And then came this one (Rainbow 5) with much too less time, and I don't know, if this is really meant so:
http://prntscr.com/k68rff
I think that 7 (!) rounds are much too less for a scenario with so long distances and so many so slow ships !
Very strange :cry:

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”