Erik's campaigns

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

ADMIRAL3
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by ADMIRAL3 » Fri May 15, 2020 6:52 pm

germani west 1940 starts with zero requisition points is that correct?

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 » Sat May 16, 2020 9:38 am

ADMIRAL3 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 6:52 pm
germani west 1940 starts with zero requisition points is that correct?
Absolutely not. The Germans should start with 1250 resources.
You can use the cheat #warbonds 1250 to rectify this.
Thanks for reporting, I'll fix the campaign right away.

Erik2

Germany West 1940 2.4

Post by Erik2 » Sat May 16, 2020 9:42 am

Germany West 1940 2.4

Fixed at-start resource points.
Link updated in first post.

ADMIRAL3

Post by ADMIRAL3 » Sat May 16, 2020 10:00 am

very effective and prompt response TY Eric

KarisFraMauro
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by KarisFraMauro » Mon May 25, 2020 6:16 am

I've been trying to play the Germany 39 campaign and getting destroyed on the first mission, which is fine since I'm not that good :) One thing, I noticed an optional objective was to destroy all enemy land units. Got it down to 4 (my best yet!), but then I noticed there were actually five Polish land units on screen... Am I missing something?

Erik2

Post by Erik2 » Mon May 25, 2020 8:04 am

KarisFraMauro wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 6:16 am
I've been trying to play the Germany 39 campaign and getting destroyed on the first mission, which is fine since I'm not that good :) One thing, I noticed an optional objective was to destroy all enemy land units. Got it down to 4 (my best yet!), but then I noticed there were actually five Polish land units on screen... Am I missing something?
The 'reward' info states inf, cav, arm and AT units so there may be ie AA units left on the map.

KarisFraMauro
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by KarisFraMauro » Mon May 25, 2020 1:37 pm

That sounds right, I remember quite a few anti-aircraft dotted here and there. An alarming number of them in fact...

Carda_NL
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Carda_NL » Sun May 31, 2020 12:20 pm

Hello Panzer Generals,

I downloaded this game because I love the grand campaigns of PzC1 so much, once I saw Erik converted them to OoB. So I just started the game, bought a random DLC (Morning sun) to get access to custom campaigns and started the '39 campaign on its fist map Poznan. Is it correct this campaign doesn't start with any core units already placed on the map? If I remember correctly, in PzC1 there were like 10 or something units already put on the map as core units and I could buy some more to my own liking.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or this game mechanics work differently? Any help is appreciated

Erik2

Post by Erik2 » Sun May 31, 2020 4:56 pm

No pre-deployed core units.
But you get the resources to purchase the same kind of (or similar) units like in the original PzC.
Note that some of these original PzC units may not be available due to different availability dates in the two games.

Carda_NL

Post by Carda_NL » Sun May 31, 2020 5:12 pm

Erik2 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 4:56 pm
No pre-deployed core units.
But you get the resources to purchase the same kind of (or similar) units like in the original PzC.
Note that some of these original PzC units may not be available due to different availability dates in the two games.
Thank you for making the GC available to OoB, job well done and for still being active on this forum. Next step a conversion to PzC2 :) ? Keep it up, wouldn't have bought a payware DLC for OoB without your campaigns.

Carda_NL

Post by Carda_NL » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:11 pm

Oh a good time to ask another question. Do I need to buy additional DLCs from the developer for your german Grand Campaigns in OoB? I wouldn't mind if so to enjoy the game and support this developer. I just completed the bootcamp and I'm afraid I won't be going back to Panzer Corps anytime soon. I really love the attention to detail and game mechanics in this one.

Thanks for your time again

KarisFraMauro
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by KarisFraMauro » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:07 pm

Yeah I've asked the same question myself about whether I need to buy additional dlc to access custom stuff, apparently the answer is no thankfully. They're quite generous! Although if you do buy additional dlc I liked the blitzkrieg / panzerkrieg /endsieg campaigns a lot. Are you having success in Poznan 39? Because I sure didn't, heh. If you REALLY want some fun you should have a go at "The Russian Campaign" multiplayer map.

Erik2

Post by Erik2 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:09 am

Wether or not you have to buy additional DLCs to play custom scenarios, I think all players should support further development of OOB buy purchasing a DLC or two.
The official DLCs are quite good too :wink:

Carda_NL

Post by Carda_NL » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:22 am

Just tried the first scenario for the '39 campaign twice, and it ended in a decisive victory..... for Poland :) . This is something else than 'steamrolling' like I could in PzC1 with 6+ damage a unit.

It's really hard getting a working blitzkrieg force with 27 army and 9 airforce core points and only 690 prestige points to work with. If anyone has a good 'starting' army advice, please let me know. I keep being hammered on this map, specially in the south. Would love to watch someone play this scenario and post it on youtube or twitch for me to learn how to play better.

Edited: Tried it 4 times now and I just cannot manage to win this scenario :shock:

GabeKnight
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by GabeKnight » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:25 pm

Carda_NL wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:22 am
Edited: Tried it 4 times now and I just cannot manage to win this scenario :shock:
You can decrease/change the difficulty of the game at the beginning of each scenario.

Carda_NL

Post by Carda_NL » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:32 am

GabeKnight wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:25 pm
You can decrease/change the difficulty of the game at the beginning of each scenario.
Thank you for that advice. Switched enemy strength to 8 and installed your Gabe mod. I'm making my way through Erik's campaign now. Really respect people who are able to do this with 10 enemy strength but 8 for me is still difficult enough to strategize and react to the AI. Well done to Erik for the campaign(s) and you for the units mod.

prattaa
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by prattaa » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:47 am

US Corps '44 v1.2 - 1.4

I thoroughly enjoyed my Allied Corps playthrough testing all scenarios in 3 campaigns. Thanks for your efforts. On to the notes...

Difficulty level 3

Specializations - Unable to purchase Infantry Landing Craft, Landing Craft Tank, or Proximity Fuse. They are available in the specialization tree but the Acquire button says "This specialization is not yet available" because start date of campaign is set to 1/1/1940. Changing to 1944 in campaign editor corrected this. Also, a player starting without an imported core should get some points to spend on specializations, currently set to 0 in v1.2.

AI aggressiveness - In general I think the is too aggressive with units that are not part of counterattacks, many many times there are units that are heavily entrenched in good defensive terrain that would leave their positions to attack one of my forces in the open and then get slaughtered on the next turn

Air command points - Add an extra air command point +1 to all scenarios, with specialization in all battles I had +2 air command and couldn't deploy that additional unit.

Omaha Beach (1.1) - enemy wiped 18/24; AI units guarding beach exits (mostly AT guns) should stay in entrenchments or else they try to attack onto the beach hitting their own minefields, recommend all units along beach escarpment stay put for defensive bonus

Point du Hoc (1.2) - not enough supply for full deployment with specializations (-4); Primary objective to capture all 3 objectives but is counting Point du Hoc so scenario ends after the capture of any 3 gold VP's; AI units should stay stationary around gold VP's

Carentan (1.2) - all objectives completed 13/24

Cotentin (1.2) - not enough supply for full deployment with specializations (-4);

Cherbourg (1.2) - V1's but player is told no fighters; objectives complete 24/28

Caen (1.2) - German held VP in NW corner with Tiger tank sitting on it that never moves; repair bridge objectives do not complete during scenario, only complete after scenario end; more income per turn for UK please; better AT options for UK if possible (M10's or towed 17 pdr)

Extended break from OOB due to UoC2

Falaise (1.4) - More friendly supply needed, Panther that arrives on turn 3 will put the player into negative supply; More supply needed for southern US deployment area as AI will cut the UK & US off; UK needs entrenchment & better AT around Caen (M10's or towed 17 pdr)

Avranches (1.4) - Primary objective to capture 3 objectives is bugged, does not complete, counter shows 3/4; Objective to exit 10 units would require player to reach exit points 5 turns before scenario ends, there should be more time added or more exits, objective trigger does work when I added more turns; PzIVJ near SE most airfield has no orders & does nothing

Brittany (1.4) - Primary objective to capture 3 objectives is bugged, does not complete, counter shows 3/4; Secondary objective: Capture all 5 objectives but counter goes to 6

Aachen (1.4) - Recommend turn limit be increased to 20.

Rur (1.4) - Scenario ends once 6 Rur bridges are captured making achievement of the secondary objective impossible if not already completed, recommend informing the player the secondary objective must be accomplished first or let the scenario run until turn limit is reached.

Sankt Vith (1.4) - Supply is insufficient, once battle starts and forward secondary objectives fall the player will be low on supply, recommend making each Sankt Vith VP worth 75 supply; additional airfields are needed near Sankt Vith or the one airfield present needs to not have a 90mm gun parked on top of it that the player cannot move, there is a German battle group that does not move (one with the captured Sherman); appears to be a bug with rice fields in snow, combat modifier for attack/defend is 0.0 so units are invicible in that terrain; objectives triggers; would much prefer player could control Allied forces as aux units

Bastogne (1.4) - Player should be given control of units in Bastogne since they are tied to primary objective, the friendly AI does a lot of dumb things that get them killed (leave entrenchment to fight tanks in open ground, leave VP's, doesn't use AT, etc..), I was only able to save 3 AB units despite wiping all enemy from the map, would love to play this again sometime being able to control the defense of Bastogne

Houffalize (1.4) - No issues

Remagen (1.4) - Southern deployment area could use more supply

Torgau (1.4) - Scenario ends as soon as player captures primary objective making completion of secondary objectives problematic; Soviet forces arriving from the East were quickly cut off from supply by AI and destroyed.

Wargames (1.4) - Soviets are badly under supplied; scenario ends as soon as 7 objectives are captured so no real chance at capturing Soviet HQ

Unthinkable (1.4) - Despite capturing all primary & secondary objectives I was given a draw, does it matter which faction captures the VP's?; there are 13 primary VP's but counter only goes to 10

Erik2

Post by Erik2 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:45 am

prattaa

Thanks for the feedback.
I've started a new list.

CHXII1697

Post by CHXII1697 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:38 pm

It seems with the Germany 1944 and 45 campaigns, some of the specializations are off the screen and can't be selected. In 44 I believe it's the Panzer Lehr specialization that is just below the scroll bar, and in 45 it's the E-series.

Erik2

Post by Erik2 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:07 am

CHXII1697 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:38 pm
It seems with the Germany 1944 and 45 campaigns, some of the specializations are off the screen and can't be selected. In 44 I believe it's the Panzer Lehr specialization that is just below the scroll bar, and in 45 it's the E-series.
Thanks for reporting. I'll check to see if the spec dates are off.
Are these the Germany West or Germany East campaigns?

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”