Spanish Civil War Mod (v0.15)

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Zekedia222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:30 pm
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Re: Spanish Civil War Mod (v0.15)

Post by Zekedia222 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:24 pm

I have been unable to download the newest version of the mod.
Says the file is "no longer available to download".
Winchester: Klinger, you're dumber than you look, and THAT boggles the MIND.
A great quote from one of my favorite TV shows, M*A*S*H

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 3431
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Spanish Civil War Mod (v0.15)

Post by bru888 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:09 pm

Zekedia222 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:24 pm
I have been unable to download the newest version of the mod.
Says the file is "no longer available to download".
He left almost like a footnote in his last post: "NOTE: since the new release is near, I'm gonna delete the uploaded file of the previous version of the mod."
- Bru

LNDavoust
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:24 am

Re: Spanish Civil War Mod (v0.15)

Post by LNDavoust » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:46 pm

GabeKnight wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:17 pm
bru888 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:58 pm
Remember, I have no emotional investment in whether my advice is taken or not. Please feel free to follow all, some, or none of it.
Yeah, but however you decide, LNDavoust, you should listen to Bruce's advice...
...actually...
...scratch the whole "however you decide" part and just do it! :wink: :lol:
What I can say is that some of the scens (the simpler ones) were my first tries with the editor, so probably Bru is gonna behold in disbilief many designing decissions... so please, Bru, keep in mind that, well, I was still learning with this first part of the mod (i mean, I am still learning, both in the editor and in this forum, of couse, but i was talking of kindergarden kind of learning, if you know what i mean :D ). Aside of that, thanks again, your observations will be seriously taken in consideration, for sure :)
VoroshilovKV2 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:13 pm
Looks great to me, I'll give it a try! Plus, I recently refinished Antony Beevor's book about the Spanish Civil War, and do feel like there's lack of game options about it.
Yep, not many games about our (i'm spanish) war, that's true. I hope you feel in the mod some of the spanish history Beevor talk about (that would mean i didnt fail absolutely):)
Zekedia222 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:24 pm
I have been unable to download the newest version of the mod.
Says the file is "no longer available to download".
As Bru said I recently deleted the previous (0.15, 3 scenarios) version of the mod. With the release of the new version (0.45, 8 scenes) so near, i think it is a pity playing the halfcooked 0.15 version before. But if you don't want to wait two or three weeks for the new one, i can reupload it, Zekedia, just let me know 8)

McLeoudX
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:34 pm
Location: Mid Western Germany

Re: Spanish Civil War Mod (v0.15)

Post by McLeoudX » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:45 pm

LNDavoust wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:46 pm
GabeKnight wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:17 pm
bru888 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:58 pm
Remember, I have no emotional investment in whether my advice is taken or not. Please feel free to follow all, some, or none of it.
Yeah, but however you decide, LNDavoust, you should listen to Bruce's advice...
...actually...
...scratch the whole "however you decide" part and just do it! :wink: :lol:
What I can say is that some of the scens (the simpler ones) were my first tries with the editor, so probably Bru is gonna behold in disbilief many designing decissions... so please, Bru, keep in mind that, well, I was still learning with this first part of the mod (i mean, I am still learning, both in the editor and in this forum, of couse, but i was talking of kindergarden kind of learning, if you know what i mean :D ). Aside of that, thanks again, your observations will be seriously taken in consideration, for sure :)
VoroshilovKV2 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:13 pm
Looks great to me, I'll give it a try! Plus, I recently refinished Antony Beevor's book about the Spanish Civil War, and do feel like there's lack of game options about it.
Yep, not many games about our (i'm spanish) war, that's true. I hope you feel in the mod some of the spanish history Beevor talk about (that would mean i didnt fail absolutely):)
Zekedia222 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:24 pm
I have been unable to download the newest version of the mod.
Says the file is "no longer available to download".
As Bru said I recently deleted the previous (0.15, 3 scenarios) version of the mod. With the release of the new version (0.45, 8 scenes) so near, i think it is a pity playing the halfcooked 0.15 version before. But if you don't want to wait two or three weeks for the new one, i can reupload it, Zekedia, just let me know 8)
I had downloaded it. But the Mod did not work, my game stood still and loaded itself to death.
I hope the next Version would work better!
I'm also interested in this small part of WWII, but I'm from Germany and interested in this, because the german Nazi's had their dirty brown fingers in this!
There can only be one :)

LNDavoust
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:24 am

Re: Spanish Civil War Mod (v0.15)

Post by LNDavoust » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:06 pm

McLeoudX wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:45 pm

I had downloaded it. But the Mod did not work, my game stood still and loaded itself to death.
I hope the next Version would work better!
I'm also interested in this small part of WWII, but I'm from Germany and interested in this, because the german Nazi's had their dirty brown fingers in this!
Hi Mc Leoudx, thanks for your interest in my little creature :D Nazi Germany was indeed very involved in the spanish civil war, since the very begining they sided with the rebels, but there were also international german volunteers fighting with the republicans in the same conflict, and Im happy to tell you that the Thaelmann International Brigade is involved in several scenarios in this mod :)

Specifically there are some incredible war stories regarding the Thaelmann in the A Corunna Battle, were they faced fellow countrymen: a Panzer I group from the Condor Legion charged against trenched german brigadists and suddenly a lot of insults and cry battles in german were heard among the thick fog in the middle of a spanish civil war. Very frightening story, i have to say (specially fo the brigadists, who took the worst part in this action... but maybe you could make it a different story in my mod ;) ).

Regarding your problems with the v0.15... Do you remember if the freezing ocurred during the launch of the campaign? If that was the case, we discovered that deleting the mask.tga files in the campaign folder solved the problem (there is a note in the first post of this thread with more details about the fix). Just in case you still have the 0.15 version and want to try it :)

Anyway, i would like to launch the 0.45 version before the next weekend (friday, maybe), and among many others I think i solved the problems with the tga files... although I have to wait to someone will try it, since i didn't could reproduce the initial bug in my system the first time :?

But yes, hopefully 0.45v will be out in less than a week :)

McLeoudX
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:34 pm
Location: Mid Western Germany

Re: Spanish Civil War Mod (v0.15)

Post by McLeoudX » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:32 pm

LNDavoust wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:06 pm
McLeoudX wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:45 pm

I had downloaded it. But the Mod did not work, my game stood still and loaded itself to death.
I hope the next Version would work better!
I'm also interested in this small part of WWII, but I'm from Germany and interested in this, because the german Nazi's had their dirty brown fingers in this!
Hi Mc Leoudx, thanks for your interest in my little creature :D Nazi Germany was indeed very involved in the spanish civil war, since the very begining they sided with the rebels, but there were also international german volunteers fighting with the republicans in the same conflict, and Im happy to tell you that the Thaelmann International Brigade is involved in several scenarios in this mod :)

Specifically there are some incredible war stories regarding the Thaelmann in the A Corunna Battle, were they faced fellow countrymen: a Panzer I group from the Condor Legion charged against trenched german brigadists and suddenly a lot of insults and cry battles in german were heard among the thick fog in the middle of a spanish civil war. Very frightening story, i have to say (specially fo the brigadists, who took the worst part in this action... but maybe you could make it a different story in my mod ;) ).

Regarding your problems with the v0.15... Do you remember if the freezing ocurred during the launch of the campaign? If that was the case, we discovered that deleting the mask.tga files in the campaign folder solved the problem (there is a note in the first post of this thread with more details about the fix). Just in case you still have the 0.15 version and want to try it :)

Anyway, i would like to launch the 0.45 version before the next weekend (friday, maybe), and among many others I think i solved the problems with the tga files... although I have to wait to someone will try it, since i didn't could reproduce the initial bug in my system the first time :?

But yes, hopefully 0.45v will be out in less than a week :)
Thanks for this interesting little story.
Although I'm really strong interested in this darkest time of Germany (1930-'45) , I not really know much about the things in Spain!
And the Error ocurred during start of the campaign. Unfortunately I have removed the whole thing really complete, I can't even find the zip-File :(
There can only be one :)

Post Reply

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”