Historical&Demanding Mod by Kondi :)

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: Historical&Demanding Mod by Kondi :)

Post by terminator »

kondi754 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:52 pm Ok, so I'll reactivate Tiger ausf.H
For now everything works fine but in fact I didn't check how the game behave without this entry during eg. Kharkov'43 scn
There is no "auxilliary"Tiger ausf.H in any scenario I suppose, and there are any task connected with Tiger ausf.H so maybe game wouldn't crash :?: :?
I don't remember but eventually if someone wants to play with your Mod a usermade scenario with a Tiger ausf.H ?
I think it’s always best if a mod is compatible with the basic game if possible.
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

You're right, it will be corrected
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

2. corrected dates of all, coefficients and cost of some units (for now German, unfortunately it took me the most time), in addition to removing some and adding other
(Part Three)

All naval aircraft unavailable for purchase

FIGHTERS:
Bf 109 all versions set correct dates and cost (1 version)
Bf 110 all versions set correct dates and cost (1 version)
Me 410 unavailable (noPurchase trait) - this aircraft were only used vs strategic bombers as part of the Reich defense forces and for intruder night missions over Britain
Fw 190 all versions set correct dates, statistics (3 version), cost (2 versions)
Ta 152 set correct dates, statistics and cost
Me 262 set correct dates and statistics

TACTICAL BOMBERS:
Ju 87 all versions set correct dates and cost (1 version)
Hs 129 set correct dates, statistics and cost

STRATEGIC BOMBERS:
Do 17/Do 217 set correct dates and cost
He 111 all version set correct dates and cost reduced
He 177 set correct dates and cost reduced
Ju 88/ Ju 188 set correct dates and cost reduced
Ar 234 set correct dates
He 177 Nuclear set correct dates
Last edited by kondi754 on Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

I know why Zundapp's camouflage didn't work, infantry doesn't have skin ability, so I changed the class unit to "transport_land", to preserve the possibility of acquiring land, supply and etrenchment
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (722.13 KiB) Viewed 2833 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (719.86 KiB) Viewed 2833 times
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

kondi754 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:31 pm I changed the class unit to "transport_land", to preserve the possibility of acquiring land, supply and etrenchment
Does it work okay? There's a "noPurchase" trait with the transport class, also it's going to miss the usual "spotter" and "lightFreight" traits of the infantry then.
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

GabeKnight wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:11 am
kondi754 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:31 pm I changed the class unit to "transport_land", to preserve the possibility of acquiring land, supply and etrenchment
Does it work okay? There's a "noPurchase" trait with the transport class, also it's going to miss the usual "spotter" and "lightFreight" traits of the infantry then.
In fact, right now I'm starting the exact tests of my Mod, so far I've only done a cursory check "does everything work" mainly using "igotnukes" cheat
Do you have any suggestions? I want the Kradschutzen to have the characteristics of infantry, but also camouflage
I think that for sure I will increase their statistics so that they would be a bit better than the usual German infantry
Now they have statistics similar to recon unit

One more thing - Kradschutzen will be 1 pre-deployed core unit at the start of Blitzkrieg and Sandstorm, so there will not be a possibility of purchase them later
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

spotter ? - never heard of such trait :roll:

Ok, I've changed Kradschutzen class for tank, and added such traits for them - concealable, quick Retreat, light Treaded
This unit is still unavailable to buy, so you can't see it in the "tanks" panel :mrgreen:
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

kondi754 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:09 am One more thing - Kradschutzen will be 1 pre-deployed core unit at the start of Blitzkrieg and Sandstorm, so there will not be a possibility of purchase them later
That's a good idea. You could've done the same with the "Emil" instead of deleting it - put it as aux. or core-reward in one of the scens.
kondi754 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:57 am spotter ? - never heard of such trait :roll:
Ok, I've changed Kradschutzen class for tank, and added such traits for them - concealable, quick Retreat, light Treaded
If you don't want to create a separate unit class for that unit, my idea would have been to put into the "tank" class, too. You can then change the "attack type" and "defense type" to infantry, if you want. But actually I'm not sure if the "spotter" trait works in the units.csv file. Try it.

The "lightFreight" trait's needed if you want the unit to be able to exit trains outside of town hexes.
The "spotter" trait's needed for the unit to be able to see "camouflaged" units like mines, foxholes, commandos and such. All infantry, recon and most ship classes have it. Otherwise the unit has to move onto the same hex to reveal them.
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

kondi754 wrote: ↑
10 Feb 2019 10:09
One more thing - Kradschutzen will be 1 pre-deployed core unit at the start of Blitzkrieg and Sandstorm, so there will not be a possibility of purchase them later
That's a good idea. You could've done the same with the "Emil" instead of deleting it - put it as aux. or core-reward in one of the scens.
Maybe someday I will start to modify or create scenarios, but now I am too weak for that
I want to show now that the game can be much more interesting and more difficult if we rely more on the history of World War II
If you don't want to create a separate unit class for that unit, my idea would have been to put into the "tank" class, too. You can then change the "attack type" and "defense type" to infantry, if you want. But actually I'm not sure if the "spotter" trait works in the units.csv file. Try it.

The "lightFreight" trait's needed if you want the unit to be able to exit trains outside of town hexes.
The "spotter" trait's needed for the unit to be able to see "camouflaged" units like mines, foxholes, commandos and such.
Light Freight added, too
I try "spotter" for sure, but also doubt if it can be added by unit.scv tool :|
Duplex
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Duplex »

Cheaper Hetzers would be good.

EDIT: ahhhhh wait never mind! It's already done :)
国民党万岁!

Custom Scenario Creator
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

Duplex wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:16 pm Cheaper Hetzers would be good.

Thanks Duplex but I thought about everything :P :mrgreen:
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

kondi754 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:14 pm

I hope you’ve noticed all the changes, because with the next patch coming up, you’ll have to start all over again :mrgreen:
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

terminator wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:21 pm
kondi754 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:14 pm

I hope you’ve noticed all the changes, because with the next patch coming up, you’ll have to start all over again :mrgreen:
I know, I know :lol: but just couldn't stand it anymore, the work on this patch is definitely too long, so I decided to start my work on the historical Mod before
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

first post of this thread edited

some explanation - correction of dates in the unit.csv file caused by 2 main facts:
1. Devs assume the start date of some units as the start date of production but not the date of introduction of the equipment to combat units (usually a few months later, although in reality of II world war there were cases that it lasted even more than a year :!: )
2. completely incorrect dates of availability, caused in my opinion by the desire to maintain proper dynamics of development of core units or maybe to make the game easier for players - simply the strategy game is governed by its laws and often the historical/factual side is completely subordinated to it
3. the use of prototype units, which are sometimes only in the form of plans - totally incomprehensible to me
Last edited by kondi754 on Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

2. corrected dates of all, coefficients and cost of some units (for now German, unfortunately it took me the most time), in addition to removing some and adding other
(Part Four - Italian Army list of changes)

INFANTRY:
Italian Cavalry unavailable - there wasn't single cavalry unit in North Africa (in the traditional sense, with horses or even camels :wink: :mrgreen: )

TANKS:
L6/40 set correct statistics and cost
M11/39, M13/40, M14/41 set correct dates
M15/42 set correct dates *
P26/40 set correct dates *
M16/43 unavailable - 1 prototype built

ANTI-TANK:
Semovente 47/32, Sme 90/53 set correct dates
Lancia 90/53 set correct dates

ARTILLERY:
Semovente 75/18 set correct dates

FIGHTERS:
Re2000 set correct dates
CR.42 set correct dates, statistics and reduced cost
MC.200, MC.202, MC.205 set correct dates and statistics (1 version)
G.55 set correct dates

BOMBERS:
SM 89 unavailable - 1 prototype built
Breda Ba.65 set correct dates
SM 79 set correct statistics and reduced cost
P.108B set correct dates and reduced cost

* more details in the future post regarding changes in the specialization system :wink:
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

kondi754 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:35 pm (Part Four - Italian Army list of changes)

INFANTRY:
Italian Cavalry unavailable - there wasn't single cavalry unit in North Africa (in the traditional sense, with horses or even camels :wink: :mrgreen: )
Italian Cavalry in Russia -> Charge of the Savoia Cavalleria at Izbushensky on August 24, 1942.
Is your mod especially developed for the official campaign :?:
Last edited by terminator on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

kondi754 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:33 pm 2. corrected dates of all, coefficients and cost of some units (for now German, unfortunately it took me the most time), in addition to removing some and adding other
(Part Two)

ANTI-TANK:
Marders all version set correct dates, statistics and cost (2 versions)
The Marders dates must be synchronized with the Specialization Baukommando Becker :!:
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

My Mod is dedicated for the official campaign - BK, PK, ES i SS (for now :wink: )
But when C.S.I.R.& A.R.M.I.R. custom campaign will be released I modify this campaign for my Mod (or Mod for this campaign)
But feel free to make your changes when will be released... :wink:

Baukommando Becker + Marders are ready, everything will look different than in the developers' version 8)
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

Annex to the post about the Italian army:

Alpini unavailable
L3/35 CPs (supply) reduced
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

I started testing, Sandstorm first
I've finished the first two maps.

The game may not be particulary difficult, but in my opinion much more interesting.
It can be noticed a greater core flexibility.
The player has the option to buy similar units at different prices: only pz III are 4 versions
It seems to me that the eastern front should be more interesting now than before - my system will result in more armored and motorized units and less infantry without transport, so it will be possible to make a real Blitzkrieg
Kradschutzen unit is a bull's-eye, just such a unit was missing from the real Blitzkrieg, devs made a mistake that they didn't use it.
Of course, I'm talking about my idea of using this unit
The next mission is Winterschlacht, I hope it will probably be more difficult now

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”