OoB's UNIT PACKS idea

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

OoB's UNIT PACKS idea

Post by kondi754 »

I wonder if there is a chance that the developers will release (even for a fee) additional Unit Packs for OoB?
I'm thinking, for example, about the Korean (and Vietnam) War Unit Pack, the Great War Unit Pack, the Modern Conflicts Unit Pack etc.
I would be very happy about the Middle East Unit Pack because I'm preparing maps, conception and designing scenarios for the Six-Days War, the Yom Kippur War and the War in Lebanon
It would be useful to have equipment of the Israeli, Egyptian and Syrian army from 1960-1983, it would be primarily American, French, Soviet and Israeli equipment of course.
If anyone is interested, I can share the materials necessary to create the proper 3D models :wink:
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Re: OoB's UNIT PACKS idea

Post by PoorOldSpike »

I agree completely that Unit Packs would be a great idea; for example with a pack of Vietnam War units we could create scenarios in the editor using the already-available terrain such as jungle, rice paddies, tropical villages etc...:)
Likewise we could use an Arab-Israeli Unit Pack to create battles with stock arid/desert terrain in tinderbox hot spots such as the Golan Heights and Suez Canal etc.
Sadly I'm a PC dummy so I don't think I'd be much help to you unless it's a fairly simple process to do, in which case let me know....:)

PS- this listing of the unit counters in the popular Avalon Hill 'Arab-Israeli Wars 1956-1973' boardgame which I owned might interest you-

kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

Excellent and really helpful 8) :idea:
I also thought that we could use some kind of "counter mod" and create new units in this way... :wink:
It's certainly much simpler than 3d models
Thanks Spike
nono hard et heavy
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by nono hard et heavy »

kondi754 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:12 pm I wonder if there is a chance that the developers will release (even for a fee) additional Unit Packs for OoB?
I'm thinking, for example, about the Korean (and Vietnam) War Unit Pack, the Great War Unit Pack, the Modern Conflicts Unit Pack etc.
I would be very happy about the Middle East Unit Pack because I'm preparing maps, conception and designing scenarios for the Six-Days War, the Yom Kippur War and the War in Lebanon
It would be useful to have equipment of the Israeli, Egyptian and Syrian army from 1960-1983, it would be primarily American, French, Soviet and Israeli equipment of course.
If anyone is interested, I can share the materials necessary to create the proper 3D models :wink:
Hello Mr Kondi. If I can help you. The game is free and it covers the post-WW2 period. The database is huge.Greetings from France. Bruno.
http://www.shrapnelgames.com/Camo_Works ... _page.html
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

kondi754 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:09 am Excellent and really helpful 8) :idea:
I also thought that we could use some kind of "counter mod" and create new units in this way... :wink:
It's certainly much simpler than 3d models
Thanks Spike
"counter mod" does not work... :cry:

Screenshot 190.jpg
Screenshot 190.jpg (447.56 KiB) Viewed 1947 times
maitrebongo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by maitrebongo »

Counter mod (custom one, not the official) works

viewtopic.php?f=264&t=81066&hilit=boardgame

You may learn to search first... maybe. :wink:
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

maitrebongo wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:25 am Counter mod (custom one, not the official) works

viewtopic.php?f=264&t=81066&hilit=boardgame

You may learn to search first... maybe. :wink:
It works with 7.1.6. :D

I noticed a graphical bug just on a line :o => it is a Game Bug with 3D Tactical Map (not with 2D Tactical Map) :!:

Screenshot 1533.jpg
Screenshot 1533.jpg (747.49 KiB) Viewed 1904 times
maitrebongo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by maitrebongo »

I didn't notice that bug (i always play in 2D view...)
I stopped updating my counter mod because each time the game is updated, it's a real mess in the database and i have to redone all the work from start.
I have done this mod to show developers that it can be easy to make a counter mod for this game. But since years now, they don't repair their counter mod and don't even include my mod as a patch for doing the job for those who prefer playing with counters. In other way, player playing with counters seems to be not a lot here... So, i'm steel playing OOB with my mod, for my eyes pleasure and go to other games more boardgame's like.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

It is impossible to know if a bridge was destroyed or not on a 2D Tactical Map (after the explosion effect) :(

Screenshot 1549.png
Screenshot 1549.png (113.21 KiB) Viewed 1830 times

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”