Haako's Scenarios

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Haako
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Haako's Scenarios

Post by Haako » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:23 pm

Welcome Commander!

Here are scenarios that I have made. I played OoB a bit and loved possibilities given by editor. My aim is to created interesting maps and scenarios, like other creators on this forum. I will be mostly focusing on ahistorical/fantasy scenarios - sadly, I don't have much time to spent on research to create proper historical mission, but I still have plans for such maps/campaigns.

List of my scenarios:

Island by Island 1.0 - mission focused on island hopping using small force. Meant to be short, but it is a demanding mission. You must properly plan and execute attack to take all islands in given time.

Island Neck 0.9 - Take British forces on the beaches! In this mission you will have to overcome dangers from sea, and narrow island's geography.
Attachments
preview1_Island-by-Island.png
preview1_Island-by-Island.png (175.31 KiB) Viewed 251 times
preview2_Island-Neck.png
preview2_Island-Neck.png (83.58 KiB) Viewed 251 times
preview2_Island-Neck.png
preview2_Island-Neck.png (83.58 KiB) Viewed 254 times
preview1_Island-by-Island.png
preview1_Island-by-Island.png (175.31 KiB) Viewed 254 times
Last edited by Haako on Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:05 pm, edited 14 times in total.

GabeKnight
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Haako's Scenarios

Post by GabeKnight » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:46 pm

I don't care about historicity if it plays well. I'll give it a go now. Thank you. :)

GabeKnight
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by GabeKnight » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:40 pm

Island by Island 0.8, lvl4

Played flawlessly, a little nice scenario; Thank you! :D

Nice map, the difficulty was okay - maybe a DD and gunboat more for the Japs woudn't hurt. The mines placement and the coastal gun were excellent. You probably could scratch the last reinforcements wave (with the arty piece), the battle was more or less over by then. And the aux-AI-controlled CA in the beginning were a bit useless. They patroled up and down near the exit hexes while my ships engaged the enemy. And the outcome event's missing a pic.

What else do you have in your scenario vault? :wink: 8)

Screenshot 19.jpg
Screenshot 19.jpg (684.47 KiB) Viewed 741 times

Haako

Post by Haako » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:17 pm

Thanks GabeKnight! I really appreciate that you took time to play, post feedback here and mostly, that you had fun with it :) I;m glad that tempo of this mission was good - wasn't too slow or too fast. And regarding your comments:
GabeKnight wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:40 pm
Nice map, the difficulty was okay - maybe a DD and gunboat more for the Japs wouldn't hurt. The mines placement and the coastal gun were excellent.
Great! I planed and test a lot to achieve good balance. If you would put those additional Enemy ships, then which part of the map is better? West, under middle island (atoll) or around eastern island?
GabeKnight wrote:
You probably could scratch the last reinforcements wave (with the arty piece), the battle was more or less over by then.
I was afraid that player will lose too much forces to take las island. Maybe I will change the trigger and set it to appear only for difficult 3 and lower.
GabeKnight wrote:
And the aux-AI-controlled CA in the beginning were a bit useless. They patroled up and down near the exit hexes while my ships engaged the enemy. And the outcome event's missing a pic.
Hmm, that was not the plan :roll: The aim was to give player some support in the beginning, but not too strong. I will change orders for this group or just give those ships to player for a few turns.
GabeKnight wrote:
What else do you have in your scenario vault?
Hehe :) If you crave for more... that can be done ;P I will finish tomorrow "Island by Island" and fix those issues, create additional pop-ups and add missing pictures. I'm already creating next scenario and my plan is to create one scenario per week. Next 1-3 scenarios will still focus on seaborne invasions - how to plan, execute and post-handle them. Then I will try to create a camping form those singleplayer scenarios.

After that, I will create some more :D

GabeKnight
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by GabeKnight » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:30 pm

Haako wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:17 pm
Great! I planed and test a lot to achieve good balance. If you would put those additional Enemy ships, then which part of the map is better? West, under middle island (atoll) or around eastern island?
I'd place them probably in the south-east corner, defending the last major island, supported by the coastal gun. But I'm not sure to be honest. It's just that I really like the naval aspect of the game and (your) enemy forces just seemed to weak for my taste.
Haako wrote:
I was afraid that player will lose too much forces to take las island. Maybe I will change the trigger and set it to appear only for difficult 3 and lower.
Good idea.
Haako wrote:
GabeKnight wrote:
And the aux-AI-controlled CA in the beginning were a bit useless. They patroled up and down near the exit hexes while my ships engaged the enemy. And the outcome event's missing a pic.
Hmm, that was not the plan :roll: The aim was to give player some support in the beginning, but not too strong. I will change orders for this group or just give those ships to player for a few turns.
I think they fired a shot or two at the enemy units on the island. And I could've tried to lure the enemy ships near the south edge into their range, but...yeah, give them as aux. units to the player.
Haako wrote:
Hehe :) If you crave for more... that can be done ;P I will finish tomorrow "Island by Island" and fix those issues, create additional pop-ups and add missing pictures. I'm already creating next scenario and my plan is to create one scenario per week. Next 1-3 scenarios will still focus on seaborne invasions - how to plan, execute and post-handle them. Then I will try to create a camping form those singleplayer scenarios.

After that, I will create some more :D
In my opinion you know what you are doing, so yeah, keep 'em coming, please. :D

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:09 pm

You could also use the random trigger to have the ships deploy at 3 (or more) locations.
I used this regularly for carrier groups and subs in my US naval campaign. Well worth the extra work.

Haako

Post by Haako » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:04 pm

Small update :)

I have finally finished another scenario "Island Neck". Map again is small byt packged with options and trival twists. I hope you will find it equally difficult and fun.

Two more scenarios are waiting for polish, events and some testing - I shouldn't start making more than one scenario, now I have three but all in the middle :/

GabeKnight
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by GabeKnight » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:17 pm

Thanks, I'll gladly try your new scen.

BTW, I've just replayed the "Island by Island 1.0" update and there's something messed up compared to the v0.8: The air/ground re-entry hexes are missing! (It's not so bad with ground, as I can deploy on city hexes). And there's some Jap. bomber appearing at some later point in the southeast corner that does nothing. Maybe it's missing AI orders.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”