Existing Campaign Question

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

Navman2854
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Existing Campaign Question

Post by Navman2854 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:39 pm

Hey guys, quick question here. I'm just exploring around with the campaign editor. Is it possible to edit problems in an existing custom campaign? One of the scenarios in said campaign has a secondary objective counter that is defective. As an item is destroyed, the counter stays stuck on 0 and therefore the objective is not met. Any advice greatly appreciated!

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Existing Campaign Question

Post by bru888 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:12 pm

Navman2854 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:39 pm
Hey guys, quick question here. I'm just exploring around with the campaign editor. Is it possible to edit problems in an existing custom campaign? One of the scenarios in said campaign has a secondary objective counter that is defective. As an item is destroyed, the counter stays stuck on 0 and therefore the objective is not met. Any advice greatly appreciated!
Of course, as long as you keep your corrections and redesigns private as a courtesy to the creators. That is, you don't republish somebody else's work on your own.

The campaign goes into this folder: C:\Users\[your name]\Documents\My Games\Order of Battle - WW2\Campaigns. The campaign editor will look at the campaign directly if it is in this folder.

Now, here is the trick. The campaign folder has a subfolder for its scenarios but that is not where the scenario editor looks! In order to edit a campaign's scenarios, they need to be copied to this folder: C:\Users\[your name]\Documents\My Games\Order of Battle - WW2\Scenarios. Edit them there, then copy the finished scenarios back to the campaign subfolder that I mentioned.

For example, right now I am editing scenarios for the upcoming Winter War 1940. As I finish each one, I am copying it back to:

C:\Users\Bruce\Documents\My Games\Order of Battle - WW2\Campaigns\Winter War 1940\Scenarios
- Bru

Navman2854

Post by Navman2854 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:24 pm

bru888 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:12 pm
Navman2854 wrote:
Of course, as long as you keep your corrections and redesigns private as a courtesy to the creators. That is, you don't republish somebody else's work on your own.

The campaign goes into this folder: C:\Users\[your name]\Documents\My Games\Order of Battle - WW2\Campaigns. The campaign editor will look at the campaign directly if it is in this folder.

Now, here is the trick. The campaign folder has a subfolder for its scenarios but that is not where the scenario editor looks! In order to edit a campaign's scenarios, they need to be copied to this folder: C:\Users\[your name]\Documents\My Games\Order of Battle - WW2\Scenarios. Edit them there, then copy the finished scenarios back to the campaign subfolder that I mentioned.

For example, right now I am editing scenarios for the upcoming Winter War 1940. As I finish each one, I am copying it back to:

C:\Users\Bruce\Documents\My Games\Order of Battle - WW2\Campaigns\Winter War 1940\Scenarios
Ahhh, knew there had to be a trick to it I was missing. Thanks bru!!

Navman2854

Post by Navman2854 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:02 am

That worked bru, once again many thanks! That #$%@@$ was driving me :? :x :shock:

gunny
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by gunny » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:47 pm

Navman2854 wrote:
Yeah regarding the Folders and this and that there is a Scenario editor .pdf AND a Campaign Editor .pdf so reading the first few pages of the Campaign Editor seems to address this ... also it may just be me but it seems there are times in order to lock something in that I have done I need to completely exit the Editor then completely reload if for example, if I am editing a scenario - I am referring to the scenario editor - if I am editing a scenario and jumping back and forth from the "Launch Scenario" button to the "Exit to Editor" button as I am editing and testing the scenario within the editor it seems at times you will need to completely exit out because even though you may do a save or two it does not lock it in. .... or it does lock it in but you do not see it until you exit out then restart so have fun !!!

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”