Thanks a lot, I trully appreciate!
HIP HIP HOORAY, FOUND IT!
conboy wrote: ↑
Fri May 29, 2020 8:12 pm
[...] I hope you can find the error so you can restart with your battle critiques because they are very illuminating. [...]
So, conboy, don't worry any longer: false alarm, everything's fine with your scenario
! (The 8 AnzB, I mean.
How have I found it?
Well, for those who like "nice" little stories
, it has started because I've decided to continue anyway the real tests on the battle maps.
Therefore, I've launched the 9 AnzS
as a custom single scen (like this I've at least the texts of the obj, the brief, etc. - it wouldn't be the case if launched from the scen Editor
)... then used some notes to rebuild the missing core units as close as possible than it was, using the "#warbonds" for this, taking good notes on how many RPs were left previously, etc. Really a lot of stuffs!
Anyway, I finally started. So far, so good.
But what was my surprise to see the scen "crash" just before turn six!
(Nothing more was happening, the game blocked, no option available for me, etc
Okay, but this time I had at least an info
happened on turn 6 which ruins everything...
So, I've then loaded the 9 AnzS
in my scen Editor to look at the triggers -> which units have spawned or should have spawned on turn 6? All more or less classical units, so in principle indeed nothing to worry about... I continued, trigger after trigger... then it comes to Geman airplanes.
That may be it... 3 planes... hum... I check their names, then click on one of them (exactly as if I was about to change the unit which must be spawned)... then I went through the list of possibilities (in terms of German planes) - there was no FW 190 G (the 2D picture of it, I mean
Now I had a strong candidate for my issue. So, I close all, check on my units.csv -> this unit was there, but there was the famous "noEditor"... So it could be that I haven't seen it previously only because of this and that it wasn't the actual issue. So, to check this, I've deleted this "noEditor" and back to the Editor!
Then simply unlocked the German faction... this time, the FW 190 G was on the list of available planes. So I select it, click on some random hex -> nothing happened! With the others, no issue, each click = a nice new plane on map.
So, I've got it: this 3D model was somehow missing or corrupted or something. In short, not working!
So, back again in the units.csv file: I've put the 3D model of the FW 190 F to replace the one of the FW 190 G.
Then a verification on the Editor (can I put some on the map this time?
), then reloading a save of 9 AnzS
(end turn 5), trying to pass the turn... it worked nice and sweet, then I reloaded a campaign save just before the previous scenario, the landing at Anzio... and now it loads properly. Once loaded, "#orbitalcommand": aha, amongst the German planes directly on map there was some FW 190 G...
Well, in short, quite a circus!
So because of a missing 3D model on my computer, the 8th scen wasn't loading (1 of them already deployed) and the 9th "crashed" at some point (when 1 of them must be deployed).
Now my FW 190 F and G look similar on map (and for good reason!
), but I don't care, it's working!
Phew! Now, I'm sick of this story, I don't want to hear any more about it!
Sorry to have bothered you with all this
With this issue of mine solved once and for all, I'll carry on the actual tests