Computer freeze

bjarmson
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Computer freeze

Post by bjarmson »

Every time I try to start SH it works till I try to start a game, then I get the first screen (with spaceships leaving a planet and an expository message to the right) and a spinning rainbow wheel forever. Nothing I've tried but manually shutting off my Mac works. Running 10.7.5, 9 GB of ram, 3 GHz dual-core Xeon processors, ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB vid card. How do I resolve this problem?
blacklab
Black Lab Studios
Black Lab Studios

Re: Computer freeze

Post by blacklab »

Sorry to hear that, I'm sure we can help to get that sorted.

What resolution are you using? There is an issue with 2540x1080 whereby the button to proceed is displayed offscreen (we are working on a fix, and it will be in the next update). The workaround for that issue is to run the game at 1920x1080.

If it's not that, then we'll need a log file to see what going on. If you follow these steps, you'll be able to save a log file, which you can either post here, or email to support@slitherine.co,uk and we'll be go from there.

1. Cmd-Spacebar to bring up Spotlight
2. Search for Console
3. Open Console
4. Navigate to ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log
5. Go to File > Save Copy As...

Cheers, Paul
Paul Turbett - Game Director - Black Lab Games
twitter.com/blacklabgames
bjarmson
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by bjarmson »

I have an older monitor and went down (1280 or 1024) not up. The game freezes the whole computer. I have to manually shut down and restart, something I can't remember doing with a game in a long time. Doesn't seem very Mac friendly.
blacklab
Black Lab Studios
Black Lab Studios

Post by blacklab »

I'd like to help you get this resolved. Would you be able to send the log file as per the above response?

Thanks, Paul
Paul Turbett - Game Director - Black Lab Games
twitter.com/blacklabgames

Return to “Star Hammer: Tech Support”