Any News?

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
Dusty27
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Any News?

Post by Dusty27 »

Has anyone heard anything?

We likely won't get any news on the Xbox One port till E3 I would imagine in June. Hopefully they intend to bring the PC and iPad to the same level of polish we seen in the video.

What do you want to see out of the game with the remaining Calendar year. I am hoping for bug fixes and units to flesh out the factions some.

I think I will be mostly playing in Cardboard once the Resupply Kickstarter is distributed in full. I can buy the units in the friendly game store already which is interesting.
Dusty27
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Any News?

Post by Dusty27 »

Well E3 came and went and I was watching reasonably closely but I didn't hear any news.

Has any one else heard anything else about Heroes of Normandie for any new patches or platforms?
Muso
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Muso »

I was hoping for an announcement at the E3 too, but nothing.. That's kinda disappointing tbh.
chemkid
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by chemkid »

Bump! :oops:

please, devs? devs?! give us some info on upcoming expansions for the pc version, please.
or a heads-up on a new and 'throughout' update for the pc version...e.g. like, taking care of all that has been posted a year ago? :|

...and NO!, this is no post for zak to reply on! i/we need the devs here - or the publisher... but zak, man - do us a favor and stay away from giving any comments on how the devs a coping with their xmas preparations and such... thanks! :evil:

cheers!
chem!
Dusty27
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Dusty27 »

Bump.

I was looking forward to maybe some news on the 2017 release for Xbox One with it being around the holiday season. But now December now I think it rather unlikely.

I just keep playing in the full feature Cardboard. It is so nice to be able to use a variety of units, fire APC, load units on trucks, and play in a more balanced environment. I have almost 30 matches in on cardboard this year. Most of my friends really like the game.

Maybe the next digital licence Devil Pig issues will have more luck. There is a chance Slitherine turns this ship around but its seems to me that other projects are getting the man hours.

Devil Pig puts out Gazzettes, scenario boxes, army boxes, and an entire rules compendium with a team of six I believe spread over three different heroes systems games (HoN, SoN, and HoB).
Cataphract88
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Cataphract88 »

It's a real shame that this game has been abandoned. :cry:
Richard
Dusty27
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Dusty27 »

Think we will see anything at E3?
Dusty27
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Dusty27 »

I couldn't find anything out of E3.

However HexWar is doing C&C Ancients and Napoleonic after radio silence of over a year or so. So maybe these app developers need more time.

I can't imagine DLC is a multiyear project with all the art assets already readily available.

It's been awhile since we seen that Xbox One Promo for the game. I really hope this game isn't dead...
BlackFox
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by BlackFox »

I hope this game is not dead...
It's just wrong how long ago was the last update/patch.
And this is not a game that requires a ton of people to work on it.
If they would make one or two people to work on this game only then slowly the game could become so much better and I think there is people who would like to work on this project.
(There are examples when 1 or 2 men makes great games)
I bet there are a lot of people out there who likes games like this but people around them are not interested in boardgames they find this game and then see the poeple talking about bugs , few units , no updates and then a lot of them don't buy it because no one wants to buy a dead game.
Dusty27
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Dusty27 »

Yeah I hope it's not dead either. For a long time I thought it was Slitherine holding the game up but it's really Cat Rabbit. I have no idea where that Xbox One upgrade port of the game went. We really haven't heard anything about the port since April 2017. That two year anniversary date doesn't bode well.

If anyone's interested the Board Game Publisher seems to be coming out of it fairly well from what can be seen. The HoN Card Game looks to be ready to ship out and Heroes of Stalingrad seems to be chugging along in development. HoBR seems to be well received by reviewers.

I wish I could know when the licencing arrangement expires and someone else other than Cat Rabbit can take a crack at it.

This would be such an amazing mobile title on phones!
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”