REFUND?

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
SSLConf_Yolo911
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

REFUND?

Post by SSLConf_Yolo911 »

I can't figure out the mechanics of this game. They just don't make any sense to me. Yes I read the manual last night. And played the tutorial but I can't figure out how to shoot and move or what any of the numbers mean. Too complicated. Numbers everywhere but I don't see any correlation to dice rolls.

Hell, I didn't even see how to save or exit the game. I had to use task manager to get out of it.

Just a simple yes or no please, Can I get a refund or is this just another software purchase I have to eat.
Brenmusik
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: REFUND?

Post by Brenmusik »

To exit, keep going "back" when you reach the start screen, at the bottom left there is a little grey door!
Igorputski
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Igorputski »

If you bought the game on Steam then the answer is a solid yes. If you bought it here or at Matrixgames it's a much longer process cause they usually don't give refunds but you might. This was one game I'm sure glad I bought it on Steam. Steam don't ask any questions. If you are under the 2 hour play period limit and less than 15 days after purchase they will give you a refund except on MMO's and even those have mitigating circumstances.
BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

Yolo911 wrote:I can't figure out the mechanics of this game. They just don't make any sense to me. Yes I read the manual last night. And played the tutorial but I can't figure out how to shoot and move or what any of the numbers mean. Too complicated. Numbers everywhere but I don't see any correlation to dice rolls.

Hell, I didn't even see how to save or exit the game. I had to use task manager to get out of it.
The game has no save function.

If you still have heaps of time before the 2hr limit and you bought on Steam, I will recommend you play the tutorial again. I played it 3 times during the beta, and then the game seemed 2nd nature!

The game is based off of a board game, so most actions are similar to what you would do if playing it as a board game.

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

The game has no save function? You're kidding, right?
Igorputski

Post by Igorputski »

nope he's not kidding and I suggest you get Mark Walker's Heroes of Stalingrad instead of this. Now, that's a great game with fair dice rolls. Plus it has rally and that makes a big difference in gameplay. This game is he who rolls the highest diceroll wins.
BiteNibbleChomp

rich12545 wrote:The game has no save function? You're kidding, right?
There wasn't any in the beta, and I'm reasonably sure one wasn't added at the last moment.

But the missions are short enough that it doesn't matter. You will be able to continue your campaign over multiple sessions though.

- BNC
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

No save is a game killer for me. This is such a big thing it should be very clear in the ads. I'm glad to find out now. If the dev puts one in someday, I'll reconsider. Cya.
BiteNibbleChomp

rich12545 wrote:No save is a game killer for me.
I don't see why it is such a big deal. The turns are like 2min long and each map only has 4-8 turns.

- BNC
IronFist00
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by IronFist00 »

You can't save during a game manually but your campaign is saved after you complete a mission. Each mission is 4 to 6 turns so they do go fast. While I like a save feature in most games I have not noticed a lack of one in HoN as any hinderance.
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

Now I'm finding out there are only 4-8 turns to a map. Whether true or not, this makes me think the game is too simple. I'm still gonna pass on this one. What's really needed is a demo.
kongxinga
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by kongxinga »

OP mentioned a manual. i cant find any manuals under documentation folder. Where can I find it? Right now I can't understand the symbols on each unit.

Nevermind, one can find it if you navigate to the game folder in explorer. I was looking in the start menu.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

The game auto saves in campaign so you don't need to do it manually. You just select resume game if you want to load it.
SSLConf_Yolo911

Looks like I am left holding the bag once again. I am going to do a self-enforced moratorium on buying these damn games until they have been out for months. its the only safe way to go. I bought Distant Worlds but deleted it right away, no game manual. What a ripoff that was. . And that modern warfare game from matrix that cost $90. You have to read every damn post on the forum every day of your life to keep up with all the quirks of that game, so I deleted it too. And the tutorial sucked.

I'm going back to sure things like Fallout4 when it comes out in November. The heck with this.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

What's really needed is demos. It would be easy for devs to install a time limit into the completed product. Like three days. During that time prospective buyers can decide if it's for them or not.

Problem is imo most of their money is made from impulse buyers. Ooooo, that looks good! Here's my money!
SSLConf_Yolo911

Manual wasn't there when I bought it. You were suppose to figure it out with tool tips. I was not the only buyer who was less than thrilled with that feature.
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

VPaulus wrote:Distant Worlds manual: :roll:
http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam ... 1432806484
You're giving a steam link and rolling your eyes? What if he doesn't use steam? The manual should be readily available in a game folder without having to search the internet for it.
lugosi84
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by lugosi84 »

I really don't understand how you dont see the manual in either this game or Distant Worlds. I have them both. The manual appears as a clickable menu item on the main menu for the game, as the manual does for pretty much every Matrix/Slitherine game. Do you not run the game from the menu? I didnt even know that you could run it that way......without the menu.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

rich12545 wrote:
VPaulus wrote:Distant Worlds manual: :roll:
http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam ... 1432806484
You're giving a steam link and rolling your eyes? What if he doesn't use steam? The manual should be readily available in a game folder without having to search the internet for it.
The manual was/is in a folder named Manuals like usually happens with our games.
We didn't release Distant Worlds Universe without a manual. I'm sorry that he missed it.

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”