Disapointed

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
boycie
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Disapointed

Post by boycie »

Hi I bought Heroes of Normandie through Steam and I'm having some problems that have ruined the game for me.

1. In the British Campaign with the Golden Opportunity part 2 scenario, I've moved Julie from the house to the target area but it does not end the game. If I refresh the objective despite the fact I've moved Julie to the correct location its still shows 'move the target unit to the target location'

2. In the German campaign with the Fishermen's Friend scenario, I've picked up the dynamite and taken it to the Fisherrman's house but it does not end the game. If I refresh the objective despite the fact I've picked it up and taken it to the correct location it still shows 'pick up the item'.

In both cases this means that I cant continue with the German or Commonwealth campaigns and therefore don't have enough points to equip myself and play the skirmish game. This renders the whole game obsolete which is a real pity.

3. I'm a big fan of the board game. Your game misses a vital component of the board game which is the Action Cards. These really make for the cinematic element of the board game and without them the computer game is a bit flat.

I bought the computer game because I'm a huge fan of the board game and wanted to both enjoy the computer game and get a better feel for the rules of the board game. Sadly my experience has been marred.

Can you please let me know what's being done to address these issues, the game certainly wasn't cheap and I expect it to be properly supported as it cant be played in its current format. I'm going to post this on the Devil Pig Games forum to see if anyone else has had similar problems.

Kind regards

Guy
Cataphract88
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Disapointed

Post by Cataphract88 »

It was released way too early. :(
Richard
visualrob
Heroes of Normandie
Heroes of Normandie

Post by visualrob »

Hi, Guy!

For points 1) and 2): can you press CTRL+R, while you are in the game, so I can inspect your game states?

For point 3) You can read here a long post in which we explain what are the next steps in our road map for HoN. Cards are definitely top-priority, right after the editor.

I hope we can fix your problems easily and that you can enjoy the rest of the game in the meantime (being a fan of the board game: have you tried the rogue mode?).
FroBodine
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by FroBodine »

The cards should be a MUCH higher priority than the editor. Every player will benefit from the cards. Only a very small few folks will even use the editor.

Just my opinion, of course. But, editors are never used as much as a major component of the game. This was poor prioritizing. Maybe just a case of "low hanging fruit"?
Cataphract88
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Cataphract88 »

FroBodine wrote:The cards should be a MUCH higher priority than the editor. Every player will benefit from the cards. Only a very small few folks will even use the editor.

Just my opinion, of course. But, editors are never used as much as a major component of the game. This was poor prioritizing. Maybe just a case of "low hanging fruit"?
I have to agree with you. :D
Richard
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

For context, Iain has posted that the guys discussed the cards with the boardgame designers and they did not consider them to be a vital element of the gameplay, hence the prioritisation.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”