Very weird bug !

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
radar231
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Very weird bug !

Post by radar231 »

Home made mission : LAST STAND

opponent : CptAlatriste playing Ge

A Crtl + r was made and sent.

Situation on turn # 5, initiative : Ge, turn # 1 :

I had two units adjacent to the building ready to throw in grenades, both units were wounded. My fire team had order # 1 and on my turn it throws in a grenade but Ge played the card ' Return to Sender ' and the grenade landed between both my units and they were eliminated. Nice play from Ge. BUT :

Turn # 2 : Surprise, both my units were still alive and the card ' Return to Sender 'wasn't in the list of the LAST CARD PLAYED.

So with my Support team, order # 2, it throws in an other grenade inside the building and the same result as on turn 1 repeated, the same card, R to S, was played and both of my units were kaput again. BUT:

On turn # 3, both of my units were still there and the card Return to Sender wasn't in the list of the cards last played, like if we played the first two turns for nothing.

Hope you will be able to sort that out and fix this weird bug.

J. 8)
CptAlatriste
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Very weird bug !

Post by CptAlatriste »

The surprise was for me..a bad Surprise....When The US now play with Zombies, it s not very funny :D ...... Training for Chlutlu?? (next projekt) :D :wink:
radar231

Post by radar231 »

Update no 2,

Tried a third time to throw in a grenade inside the building and again for a third time the card ' Return to Sender ' was activated, the grenade exploded outside the building and the card never showed up in the list of the cards played..... :roll:

That building has four rooms by the way.

J. 8)
radar231

Post by radar231 »

Last note about this game.

We are playing past the # ( 6 ) allowed for a win now, the came keep going on like all the others games when there is no clear win for either players. :cry:

We think it is because of that card that keep going back in CptAlatriste deck or whatever. The condition for a win for the US was to be inside the building before the end of turn # 6, which I did but no win, the game didn't end and now it keeps going, so we decided to quit it for good.

That bug about the game going over the allowed # of turns is recuring in others games too, it happened too often when either players can't end up in the win situation. The game should be over then and each players should get some points for their enemy units eliminated instead. My 2¢

J. 8)
visualrob
Heroes of Normandie
Heroes of Normandie

Post by visualrob »

Hi, CptAlatriste and Radar231!

I checked your game on my version of the game and everything seems to be working correctly:

* The grenade is thrown
* The return to sender is activated (the German player actually has it in hand and associated to the units inside)
* The grenade is sent back (poor Julie! :()
* The card is added to the queue of the played cards
* After the supply phase, the German player wins since the American player failed to reach his mission (be alone in the building)

So, unless I'm not seeing something, everything seems to be in order.
It's probably something we already fixed: one of the many bugs that we corrected thanks to your beta testing. We are about to release version 1.38 (possibly tomorrow), with lots of new features and bugfixes.
I hope that this kind of issues will be a distant memory.

PS: This mission is very interesting. Do you mind if I show it to the rest of the team and we test it out to add it as a default multiplayer mission?
Last edited by visualrob on Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
radar231

Post by radar231 »

Hi visualrob,

Ok, I wasn't alone in the building the first time => no immediate win. For us the game didn't end, it keep going past # 6, and the R to S card never showed up in the list of cards played. I tried three times to throw in a grenade and it never worked....

Thanks for the time and play, and you will have to ask CptAlatristre about the game , he owns the right / owner.

Can't wait to see patch 1.38

J. 8)
CptAlatriste

Post by CptAlatriste »

@visualrob..We have to test the mission until it really good work...After you can post it for every one...I have some more for you.. :D

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”