Heroes of Normandie - Join the First Blood Tournament!

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
FroBodine
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Heroes of Normandie - Join the First Blood Tournament!

Post by FroBodine »

You also need to extend the play time WAY more than three days. Three days for a 10 day tournament is ridiculous. We should have 10 days to complete our game, no matter how long it takes us to do our turns. A countdown timer is completely counter-intuitive to a timed tournament. It is very difficult to complete games of HoN with a short time limit, especially with folks across the globe competing.
Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Tamas »

We will definitely be using the data from this tournament to take another look at the time allocated for rounds, and to evaluate how the scoring system can be improved further.
pantherboy
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by pantherboy »

Is it because of a bug that my second round match doesn't show my opponent timed out? Would I be correct to say that the scores should have been 20 & 39 my way?
pantherboy
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by pantherboy »

I would just like to say your tournament sucks. Tardy communications. No explanation regarding scoring. A scenario set for 4 turns going into a fifth. Players timing out denying their opponent points etc.
FroBodine
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by FroBodine »

I must agree. One of my games already timed out, and the other game I only have 35 minutes left! And, the tournament still has days to go. What a bunch of hooey.

Also, my timed out game still remains in my "My Games" list. When I click on Play to see the last turn, the game gets stuck on the loading screen. It never loads, and I have to alt-F4 to quit the game.

More bugs. Poor scoring, poor time allotment for the scenarios. It would have been nice if all this stuff was figured out before the tournament started.

Oh yeah, and I agree with Pantherboy that the communication from Slitherine around this tournament was horrible. No moderator support to answer questions, help us out, correct the lack of time for the rounds, etc.

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”