Polaris Sector - v1.06g Update

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Polaris Sector - v1.06g Update

Post by AlbertoC »

There is a new update for Polaris Sector!

It contains a number of bugfixes. Please let us know should you encounter any problem. You can download it from the Members' Area.

Change History (1.06g – October 12th, 2018)

- fixed the problem with Lumen not being able to produce anything during the first month after the
game started
- fixed the "Energy race" racial trait
- now it gives the correct homeworld composition for every race
- fixed the scrolling of the fleet compositions
- search function now also works for Rally Points
- terraforming support is added to the ModKit (planet upgrade/degrade functions)
- the construction points are not wasted anymore if there is a building blocking the construction
queue by waiting for the enough population to start functioning
- the population control does not kick on if there is a building in construction that requires this
population
anguille
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Re: Polaris Sector - v1.06g Update

Post by anguille »

Excellent. Thanks for the support.
Cassini
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Cassini »

A couple of issues for those installing this update....

1. It includes the Lumens race for those who HAVE NOT purchased the expansion. I didn't purchase the Lumens expansion and this update adds the Lumens to the mix for the owners of the original game.

2. The saved games from the prior update (1.06f) are 'erased' as part of the update.
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

Cassini wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:44 pm A couple of issues for those installing this update....

1. It includes the Lumens race for those who HAVE NOT purchased the expansion. I didn't purchase the Lumens expansion and this update adds the Lumens to the mix for the owners of the original game.

2. The saved games from the prior update (1.06f) are 'erased' as part of the update.
Looks like the problem with the patch deployment, I hope it will be fixed quickly by the production team. The saves are not erased.
Cassini

Post by Cassini »

They may not be 'erased', but they don't show as being available in the 'Load Save' screen.

There is also another problem with this patch version. Resource accounting.

When one goes to the 'Economics' screen, then switches between planets and fleets listing, the resource usage amounts (as shown at the top of each of these screens) vary between each screen (they differ by a small yet observable amount). The amounts that show in the economics planets screen are what is displayed on the main screen to the left center - NOT what shows in the fleet economics screen.

When one is on the main screen, the resource stockpiles ARE NOT being properly updated. My example was early in a game, I had a surplus of each of the two 'rare' resources that had one show a +7 or so monthly surplus and the other a +2 (or so) monthly surplus. As the time clicked away, the stockpile WAS NOT GROWING, and I did no new construction that would draw on the stockpile. Each stockpile had a positive balance (a few hundred each) and neither stockpile would budge at the conclusion at each month even though there was the surplus showing (the +7 for one resource and +2 for the other). At other times, the stockpile would adjust properly each month, so something the player is doing (who knows what), is causing the stockpile accumulation to halt (until the player does something else... design a ship, colonize a planet, who knows).

In all honesty, I'm thinking about doing a complete reinstall of the program and updating only to the 1.06f patch and NOT the 'G' patch, there are issues with the G patch.

I'm wondering if this problem is only being experienced by players who DID NOT purchase the Lumens expansion (I don't have the Lumens expansion). All previous updates kept with the original Polaris Sector intro screen and technology tree, this update brings in the Lumens race and alters the technology tree to a certain extent as compared to the 1.06f update.
Cassini

Post by Cassini »

Did an uninstall and reinstall of 1.06f....

The difference between the planet and fleet economics screen is present in version F, what is going on is the fleet economics screen is taking into account units under construction (showing maintenance amounts), while the planet economics screen only takes into account those fleet units actually 'in service'; so there is NO ISSUE with this - just my first time noticing the slight difference between the two screens (thus why the small variance between the two, it is the difference in the small maintenance assessments of units under construction).

The proper monthly updating of stockpiles is taking place in version F (as it always did) - so something was going on in version G.

Version G had (presumably) the research routine from Lumens, where changes in fields resulted in slow changes in actual progress being made in a newly selected field until full capability was reached in a number of years (can be adjusted in selecting the various skills when selecting race characteristics). One thing I didn't track, was if a field was 'deselected' in version G did progress continue in that field while scientific effort was gradually being reallocated to the newly selected field, or whether the scientific effort was just being lost (meaning switching back and forth between fields would be EXTREMELY wasteful under the Lumens version of research - if this was in fact the case).
Cassini

Post by Cassini »

I was able to get the stockpile issue to replicate in version F (while closely monitoring stockpiles); so the issue isn't confined to version G.

Everything tracked correctly until the first artifact was investigated, then after adding the Gravitonium to the stockpile and continuing with the game, accumulation of Gravitonium halted. When a new ship was put into the construction list, the proper amount of resources were deducted from the stockpile, but accumulation of Gravitonium (what was found in the first investigated item) started for a month, then simply halted making further accumulations to the stockpile. Accumulations of food and plutonium (the only resources with stockpiles small enough to have the monthly accumulations make a change in the screen stockpile listing) were still tracking correctly.

What I think is going on (for what it is worth), is that discoveries of elements are being treated much the same way as technologies (as far as the accounting goes). The player is 'given' the amounts of the element discovered, but much like the technologies, the 'progress track' isn't adjusted (or 'jumped') - so the player is merely 'getting the found elements' a bit early. If a technology worth say 500 research points is discovered, the player is given access to use it, but their progress in the individual field track isn't being jumped to that hypothetical 500 point level - they are still at say 231 points in that field and have to continue to make progress from that 231 point level to get the next technology that is at the 550 point level. This appears.... to be what is going on.

I guess I'm just hyper-observant today...
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

posted findings to the producer
Cassini

Post by Cassini »

It looks like accumulations of Grav. and Reid. are limited to 110 units each early in the game. Curiously, the population of the first planet is 110 thousand... So it looks like there is linkage between population levels (or possibly number of planets colonized) and maximum accumulations of Grav and Reid.

In addition, monthly accumulations of Plutonium are also capped (but not accumulations from finding artifacts floating around). Pluto. stopped accumulating once the first artifact with Pluto. was discovered (put stockpile to about 1890 units). Food continued to accumulate all during this time. Once production brought the stockpiles of Grav and Reid below 110 units, accumulation resumed until each resource hit the 110 unit point, then accumulation halted yet again.

Accumulations of Pluto (in my 'test' game), hit 20.1k units (found artifacts), but no ability to precisely track the positive 1 unit of monthly accumulation from the single production facility in operation with this quantity in the stockpile (presuming no monthly accumulation taking place at this point).

This was never noticed by myself before (not really paying attention to it - assuming all accounting was on the 'level') and wasn't an Issue since I wasn't looking for it.

So it appears there is a 'limit function' to stockpiles of Grav, Reid. and Pluto., tied to either number of planets colonized or current population (or possibly a combination of the two).
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

It is tied to the mines you have. The cap is configurable - StorageAmountMult setting in remember.cfg
Darvin3
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Darvin3 »

Stockpiles have always been capped in every version I've played. Getting a trade agreement with another empire in order to liquidate your surplus resource income is extremely important in the early-game.
SilasOfBorg
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by SilasOfBorg »

This thread reminds me of the time I scrapped all mines on my homeworld, just to see what would happen.

Let's just say I *very quickly* picked up on how mineral caps are calculated... :D
zebanovich
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by zebanovich »

This very good game deserves more, much more, this update is so so smal, and there are posts on forums detailing more bugs and issues.

Bugs aside, I'm not happy with the fact that the game does not get new DLC's, new conent and more active development.
Are you guys working on Stellaris 2? if so then it's understandable you don't have time for current game but otherwise the game is underdeveloped given the time passed.
bjgrt
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by bjgrt »

Are we expecting more updates? There are enough bugs to fix, BTW.

Return to “Polaris Sector”