Need Customizable Victory Conditions

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
solops
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Need Customizable Victory Conditions

Post by solops »

The victory conditions need to be more flexible. I would like to be able, at the very least, to define what percentage of the galaxy a faction needs to hold to win and to define whether that "control" includes allied territory or not. There are other possible victory conditions as well. The game would benefit by adding some flexibility here, so long as the AI can be tweaked to "understand" how to win.
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Re: Need Customizable Victory Conditions

Post by Ufnv »

solops wrote:The victory conditions need to be more flexible. I would like to be able, at the very least, to define what percentage of the galaxy a faction needs to hold to win and to define whether that "control" includes allied territory or not. There are other possible victory conditions as well. The game would benefit by adding some flexibility here, so long as the AI can be tweaked to "understand" how to win.
Well, it's possible and not that difficult. I am working on the "advanced setup", so can add this setting as well.
bjgrt
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by bjgrt »

I'd rather have it (easily) modable.

Also - it might make sense for domination conditions to depend of a galaxy size.
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

bjgrt wrote:I'd rather have it (easily) modable.

Also - it might make sense for domination conditions to depend of a galaxy size.
Maybe, however it can be quite difficult to make a good formula here. But I think the tunable conditions will fix this anyway.

Return to “Polaris Sector”